RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Colliers Park/Gresford/ FAW training ground (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/113940-colliers-park-gresford-faw-training-ground.html)

KingBuxton_Forever red 14th May 2019 08.01:03

Re: Colliers Park/Gresford/ FAW training ground

Like Giggs or not, he deserves credit from us for that at least.

Its sad to think Moss/Roberts nearly didnt get away with it as well. B*stards.

krux 14th May 2019 08.14:11

I know its not ours, but I have no idea why that means we can't use it.

Its not going be that busy with ten years olds in the week is it?

dixienormous 14th May 2019 12.03:12

[QUOTE=138+NotOut;2257869]What's that got to do with my point?[/QUOTE]

Because I was aware we have no legal right to use it.

The big difference here is the fact they'll be using the site to develop youngsters from North Wales, on our old training ground, which was built using the money we recieved for developing our own youngster Brian Hughes.

It was taken away from the oldest club in Wales for reasons already mentioned and we now find ourselves entering our 12th season of hell in non league, training on an old school field.

If they gave the slightest bit of shit about their oldest club and if the board could wake the fook up, there should be a deal on the horizon for us to use it.

pagl 14th May 2019 12.12:00

Trying to use nine acres or redevelop the Groves seems made with a ready made facility available.

Surely a deal can be negotiated.

Answer Release 14th May 2019 13.43:25

We aren't Cardiff or Swansea. The WFA would prefer us to be in the LOW and couldn't care less about our training facilities.

dixienormous 14th May 2019 13.48:28

[QUOTE=Answer Release;2258011]We aren't Cardiff or Swansea. The WFA would prefer us to be in the LOW and couldn't care less about our training facilities.[/QUOTE]

Unless we make a fuss about it in the right areas.

Phils-an-alki 14th May 2019 14.14:32

[QUOTE=dixienormous;2258015]Unless we make a fuss about it in the right areas.[/QUOTE]

The FAW are an utterly useless, out of touch bunch of cretins.

I get what your saying here but I think this would be a waste of time.
If they gave a shit about us they have had ample opportunity in the past to help but didn't bother.

We do need a far better training ground than what we have now though.

Paskin Supersub 14th May 2019 17.06:24

The Faw can't be seen to show favour to Wrexham despite the history between the FAW, Wrexham and the fact Collier's Park used to be ours. They have a duty to all clubs in Wales. What happens if another North Wales based club such as Chester ask to use the training facilities?

I get why people feel aggrieved though.

Rob 14th May 2019 18.44:15

[QUOTE=Paskin Supersub;2258063]The Faw can't be seen to show favour to Wrexham despite the history between the FAW, Wrexham and the fact Collier's Park used to be ours. They have a duty to all clubs in Wales. [B]What happens if another North Wales based club such as Chester ask to use the training facilities?[/B]

I get why people feel aggrieved though.[/QUOTE]

:hurray:

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 16.23:40.