Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18th May 2019, 15.53:06   #73-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info)

Racecourse Spot: none given
Twitter: @

Default Re: Colliers Park/Gresford/ FAW training ground

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixienormous View Post
Meanwhile over in Gresford...
There is a beer festival soon
Old 18th May 2019, 15.53:31   #74-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Techend

Quote:
I'm hearing a lot of players are fed up of our circus act with regards to training facilities and other day to day things at the club. One former player who's been released has also heard how much of a basket case we are.

I'm struggling to find any positives at all about our current ownership model, lets be honest here, it's a disaster.
Its because they are not dealing with strategic issues.
Old 19th May 2019, 06.26:06   #75-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
I'm hearing a lot of players are fed up of our circus act with regards to training facilities and other day to day things at the club. One former player who's been released has also heard how much of a basket case we are.

I'm struggling to find any positives at all about our current ownership model, lets be honest here, it's a disaster.

I have to agree that there are very few positive items of real news about what's happening (or not - depending on your point of view) and as a result, RP and the FB page, together with the odd regurgitation from the DP and the Bleeder are my only sources of information in this far-flung place.

If I believed all of the nonsense in social media about the club and the Board, opinions on players that might or might not receive contracts from us and so on, I might choose to forget all about Wrexham AFC.

It's 100% true that you can't please all of the people all of the time. It's true that one man's meat is another man's poison. It was always this way. Because everyone and his (or her) dog is now "entitled" to express opinions that can be read so widely, the opinions of the most vocal or those who post them most emphatically (whether they reflect reality or not) sway the opinions of many others.

I didn't intend highlighting Dixie's post when starting this, but using those now well-worn phrases "circus act," "basket case," and "disaster" about a club that has performed better than all of the 19 below us this season, and having thrashed one of the promoted clubs 5-1 is so far off the mark it simply isn't a realistic reflection on our season. Most fans of every club in the land begin each season hoping their clubs will "do well." Whether that translates as being promoted, being in the playoffs, finishing higher than last season, winning a minor trophy, or avoiding relegation is up to the individual fan, but in the same way that the black death spread quickly through the land, the kind of unrealistic nonsense spouted on here by the same people day after day eventually wears down the most positive-minded fans to a point where they begin to look for the anti-depression pills before opening RP.

If any of our players read RP they too must wonder why on earth they signed up to be abused so regularly. The same can be said of those who volunteer to secure football at WAFC for us all and our next generations of fans too.

Well, I'm out of here. You've won. Congratulations. I hope you're pleased with yourselves. I won't waste any more breath on your depressing and unrealistic crap. Go stew in your own cesspits.
Old 19th May 2019, 09.23:50   #76-0 (permalink)
Legend & True Fan

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Only Way Is Up View Post
I have to agree that there are very few positive items of real news about what's happening (or not - depending on your point of view) and as a result, RP and the FB page, together with the odd regurgitation from the DP and the Bleeder are my only sources of information in this far-flung place.

If I believed all of the nonsense in social media about the club and the Board, opinions on players that might or might not receive contracts from us and so on, I might choose to forget all about Wrexham AFC.

It's 100% true that you can't please all of the people all of the time. It's true that one man's meat is another man's poison. It was always this way. Because everyone and his (or her) dog is now "entitled" to express opinions that can be read so widely, the opinions of the most vocal or those who post them most emphatically (whether they reflect reality or not) sway the opinions of many others.

I didn't intend highlighting Dixie's post when starting this, but using those now well-worn phrases "circus act," "basket case," and "disaster" about a club that has performed better than all of the 19 below us this season, and having thrashed one of the promoted clubs 5-1 is so far off the mark it simply isn't a realistic reflection on our season. Most fans of every club in the land begin each season hoping their clubs will "do well." Whether that translates as being promoted, being in the playoffs, finishing higher than last season, winning a minor trophy, or avoiding relegation is up to the individual fan, but in the same way that the black death spread quickly through the land, the kind of unrealistic nonsense spouted on here by the same people day after day eventually wears down the most positive-minded fans to a point where they begin to look for the anti-depression pills before opening RP.

If any of our players read RP they too must wonder why on earth they signed up to be abused so regularly. The same can be said of those who volunteer to secure football at WAFC for us all and our next generations of fans too.

Well, I'm out of here. You've won. Congratulations. I hope you're pleased with yourselves. I won't waste any more breath on your depressing and unrealistic crap. Go stew in your own cesspits.
See ya then.Some people take everything written on a messageboard so seriously. Surely by now you should have figured out to take things with a pinch of salt that are written on an Internet messageboard.

Finally the club is stagnating so if you are expecting messages full of praise you are sadly mistaken.
Old 19th May 2019, 09.42:52   #77-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: anywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Only Way Is Up View Post

Got to agree with a lot of this. There is a difference in my mind between expressing a good honest opinion and a continual barrage of the same on almost every topic. The value of what you say does not increase with the number of times you say it! There have always been moaners - the shed on the way to the Yale Stand always had a classic set of moaners back in the 60's and we used to play some lovely football under Ken Barnes. I do not agree with comments like s...e about one or two players. To my eyes those players are trying. We are all fed up with some of the boring football we have been watching. However this current Wrexham team is quite a bit better than some of the previous sides I have watched in the Conference and National League. The basis of a good side is there.
Old 19th May 2019, 19.28:31   #78-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: Someday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdy View Post
See ya then.Some people take everything written on a messageboard so seriously. Surely by now you should have figured out to take things with a pinch of salt that are written on an Internet messageboard.

Finally the club is stagnating so if you are expecting messages full of praise you are sadly mistaken.
16-17 - 58 points - Goal diff. -19 - Attendance: 3,908

17-18 - 70 points - Goal diff. 10 - Attendance: 4,649

18-19 - 84 points - Goal diff. 19 - Attendance: 5,140
Old 19th May 2019, 19.33:48   #79-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road End

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midwest Express View Post

There you go, proving things with stats.
Old 19th May 2019, 20.34:57   #80-0 (permalink)
Legend & True Fan

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midwest Express View Post

Division: CONFERENCE

trumps the lot
Old 19th May 2019, 20.36:14   #81-0 (permalink)
Legend & True Fan

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Attack View Post
There you go, proving things with stats.
I thought we had been in the conference 11 seasons not 3....

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 16.13:18.