RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Best ever Non League team (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/113945-best-ever-non-league-team.html)

Foxy 15th May 2019 19.11:55

Best ever Non League team

Another season over, so perhaps time to review the best Wrexham non league team and see if any of this season’s signings would have made it. Maybe an opening for Bobby Grant as play maker, and Oswell as crack centre forward.

Maxwell - keeps his place for me . I think the jury is still out on Lainton . How many 8 or 9 out of tens would he get ? Few, because he hasn’t had much to do. Most weeks I would struggle to give him any mark.

Obeng just edges it in front of the impressive Roberts (not serious)
Pearson
Tilt - the quickest defender we have had and incredibly strong
Aston - Jennings has his moments but Ashton was very consistent

Harris, Keates and Fowler - no change there

Jennings , Moult, and Wright - no change there either . All the strikers this season were miles off these three.

I think that about sums it up. Of the players this season, only Pearson makes the team and he was signed for last season.

ruthinred 15th May 2019 19.23:53

Re: Best ever Non League team

Quite liked Andy Mangan and Jake Speight aswell,, they run Wright and Jennings close

Liverpool Red 15th May 2019 19.35:12

Belford

Spann
Hope
Critchell
Tremarco

Harvey
Abbott
Smith

Powell
Bakare
Malongo

andyjack 15th May 2019 19.40:46

[QUOTE=Liverpool Red;2258368]Belford

Spann
Hope
Critchell
Tremarco

Harvey
Abbott
Smith

Powell
Bakare
Malongo[/QUOTE]

Hope and malango weren't in the national league but there are some terrible players there

pawn star 15th May 2019 19.48:37

What a side, this team could even get regulated in the Evo stick league.
Just shows how off the mark we have been over the last 12 years

EnglishRed 15th May 2019 19.51:03

[QUOTE=andyjack;2258369]Hope and malango weren't in the national league but there are some terrible players there[/QUOTE]

Yeah swap them out for Dele Adebola and that French Defender who couldn't speak English (the one Morrell signed)

OneLoveWrexham 15th May 2019 19.54:30

[QUOTE=EnglishRed;2258376]Yeah swap them out for Dele Adebola and that French Defender who couldn't speak English (the one Morrell signed)[/QUOTE]
N’Tame, comical signing.

Redpensioner 15th May 2019 20.01:10

The best non-league team. We never had one, if we did we wouldn't be in this s...t hole.

redone 15th May 2019 20.04:48

[QUOTE=Redpensioner;2258381]The best non-league team. We never had one, if we did we wouldn't be in this s...t hole.[/QUOTE]

Well said sir

Alan Attack 15th May 2019 20.13:08

Lainton

Obeng Pearson NKP Ashton

Harris Fowler Keates

Wright Morrell Speight

Percy Sugden 15th May 2019 20.34:34

Best

Bachmann

Obeng NKP Smith Ashton

Harris Fowler Keates

Mangan Morrell Wright

Worst

Coughlin

Kai Edwards Hope Ainge hunt

Akil Wright J Clarke(c) Christian smith

Bakare Bailey-Nicholas Powell

Mr Wonderful 15th May 2019 20.38:35

I thought this was going to be about Altrincham.....

louisleftboot 15th May 2019 20.39:16

Hunt was better than Sam Williamson, and Newton. Ainge never played CB as far as I know.

Harsh on Joe Clarke seeing as we had Taboubi.

And Hope never played in the Conference.

Alfei should be in there, Gyan, Matty Wolfenden, Kevin Gall, Lamine Sakho.

Percy Sugden 15th May 2019 20.41:24

[QUOTE=louisleftboot;2258391]Hunt was better than Sam Williamson, and Newton. Ainge never played CB as far as I know.

Harsh on Joe Clarke seeing as we had Taboubi.

And Hope never played in the Conference.

Alfei should be in there, Gyan, Matty Wolfenden, Kevin Gall, Lamine Sakho.[/QUOTE]

Put Darren Kempson in instead of hope. Hunt can stay in.

krux 15th May 2019 20.43:32

[QUOTE=Foxy;2258365]Another season over, so perhaps time to review the best Wrexham non league team and see if any of this season’s signings would have made it. Maybe an opening for Bobby Grant as play maker, and Oswell as crack centre forward.

Maxwell - keeps his place for me . I think the jury is still out on Lainton . How many 8 or 9 out of tens would he get ? Few, because he hasn’t had much to do. Most weeks I would struggle to give him any mark.

Obeng just edges it in front of the impressive Roberts (not serious)
Pearson
Tilt - the quickest defender we have had and incredibly strong
Aston - Jennings has his moments but Ashton was very consistent

Harris, Keates and Fowler - no change there

Jennings , Moult, and Wright - no change there either . All the strikers this season were miles off these three.

I think that about sums it up. Of the players this season, only Pearson makes the team and he was signed for last season.[/QUOTE]

Much as I loved Connor Jennings, the front three would have to be
Speight Moult Wright
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

benwilliams 15th May 2019 20.44:23

Fleetwood in the 98 point season are the best ever non league team

Alan Attack 15th May 2019 20.45:51

[QUOTE=Percy Sugden;2258392]Put Darren Kempson in instead of hope. Hunt can stay in.[/QUOTE]

Was hunt top scorer for us one season…

Wrexham_fan_4eva! 15th May 2019 20.48:29

Maxwell

Obeng
NKP
Pearson
Ashton

Little
Harris
Rooney

Wright
Louis
Moult

Lods 15th May 2019 21.02:41

GK: Maxwell. Lainton doesn't get the nod because of tenure alone. If he stays and has a 2nd season like his first, he gets this spot. Maxwell was always solid and he's our best youth product we've had since we've been down here.
RB: Obeng. The one right back we've had who I thought had all the tools necessary. Quick, could defend and attack - I still remember that one challenge he made where he must have ran back about 50 yards and caught a striker who must've had 20 yards on him at least. No brainer.
CB: Pearson. Also who I'd pick as captain. Two seasons of being our stand-out outfielder and would walk into anyone in our league's team for me - and even a few in L2.
CB: Smith. The second CB slot choice is tough. You can realistically have NKP, Creighton and Smith here. I'm not picking NKP because he had one season at CB for us, the other being an uneventful season as an attacker. Creighton is 2nd place but I think Manny Smith, if everyone's on top form, is the best choice.
LB: Ashton. Consistent. Nothing fancy but you could rely on him in every game. 2nd is close between James Jennings and Neil Taylor.
CM: Harris. Loved watching him play for us. Never stopped running, could tackle and definitely could strike a ball. Definitely deserving of a spot.
CM: Keates. Best passer of a ball we've ever had. Cool and calm, a real classy central midfielder.
CM: Fowler. I struggled to think of a 3rd CM, but Fowler gets the nod. He'd have probably been an easier pick if Saunders didn't leave and he hadn't handed in his transfer request. Either him or Andy Fleming.
FW: Speight. Only striker to get us 20 league goals in a season since we've been down here. Gets this spot for that. Absolute fox in the box and a no brainer for me.
FW: Moult. Knew where the net was and deservedly got to play at a much higher level eventually. Best natural striker we've had.
FW: Wright. Worked hard. Started off slow but soon because a defender's nightmare. The third striker was tough, there's a been a few strikers who have had 15+ goal seasons for us (Wright, Jennings, Mangan, even as far back as Jefferson Louis) but Wright's my pick.

SUBS: GK: Lainton, DF: Creighton DF: Knight-Percival MF: Fleming FW: C. Jennings

Legends of '78 15th May 2019 21.30:21

Easy

Belford

Roberts
Bencherif
Edwards
Newton

Barry
C. Smith
Taboubi

Bakare
Powell
Simon Brown

billybersham 15th May 2019 21.34:56

[QUOTE=Legends of '78;2258406]Easy

Belford

Roberts
Bencherif
Edwards
Newton

Barry
C. Smith
Taboubi

Bakare
Powell
Simon Brown[/QUOTE]

Would have to make room for Alfie,declan walker,harrard,and massanka captain.

EnglishRed 15th May 2019 21.42:05

Maxwell

Obeng Pearson Creighton Ashton

Keates Harris Little

Mangan Moult D. Wright

Subs: Lainton, Manny Smith, Fowler, Speight,Vose

Birdy 15th May 2019 21.44:00

Pearson better than NKP?! don't be ridiculous.

Danny Boy 15th May 2019 22.03:49

The 98 point season team with Moult edging Mangan instead of Morrell/Pogba.

Lainton only one good season, and Mayebi was great for one too.
As much as I love Pearson I still wouldn't break the Beast and NKP partnership.

Hard to leave Morrell out, but Moult was class when we had him....Mozza can be manager seeing as he seemed to know how to do it with a good team signed for him haha!

joe 15th May 2019 22.05:09

Lainton

Obeng
Pearson
Percival
Ashton

Harris
Fowler
Keates

Vose

Wright
Moult

Funny_Old_Game 15th May 2019 22.15:54

Maxwell

Obeng
NKP
Pearson
Ashton

Keates
Harris
Fowler

Wright
Moult
Speight

Subs: Lainton, Creighton, Vose, Carrington, Mangan

corwenred 15th May 2019 22.21:48

This thread is a double edged sword, it's depressing seeing some of the players we have had, but then there is some absolute crap in there. Even after the mess we've been this season, nothing will ever be worse than that Gary Mills side.

Birdy 15th May 2019 22.43:59

[QUOTE=corwenred;2258421]This thread is a double edged sword, it's depressing seeing some of the players we have had, but then there is some absolute crap in there. Even after the mess we've been this season, nothing will ever be worse than that Gary Mills side.[/QUOTE]

Selective memory much? The first 4 months of his reign were the best football we have seen since we have been in the conference. After that it was all downhill.

James Gray was better than any striker we have at the club atm. Not to mention players like Vose and Moke who just needed managing right, they were miles ahead of what we have here now, but maybe they didn't run around enough for some? Just needed the right manager to bring out the best in them.

corwenred 15th May 2019 22.49:00

[QUOTE=Birdy;2258424]Selective memory much? The first 4 months of his reign were the best football we have seen since we have been in the conference. After that it was all downhill.

James Gray was better than any striker we have at the club atm. Not to mention players like Vose and Moke who just needed managing right, they were miles ahead of what we have here now, but maybe they didn't run around enough for some? Just needed the right manager to bring out the best in them.[/QUOTE]

I'm on about his second season team. Completely dismantled a potentially very good side then brought in the likes of Bakare, Powell, as Bencheriff. Not forgetting the contract farce with Rooney. Will give him Tilt though.

EnglishRed 15th May 2019 22.49:36

[QUOTE=Birdy;2258424]Selective memory much? The first 4 months of his reign were the best football we have seen since we have been in the conference. After that it was all downhill.

James Gray was better than any striker we have at the club atm. Not to mention players like Vose and Moke who just needed managing right, they were miles ahead of what we have here now, but maybe they didn't run around enough for some? Just needed the right manager to bring out the best in them.[/QUOTE]

I'm assuming he meant the side from the second season, which was hands down the worst team from the perspective of the individuals, we've had down here.

I agree with Vose. Moke though was the epitome of the run around a lot player. There is a reason he ended up in Conference North.

Birdy 15th May 2019 22.52:42

[QUOTE=EnglishRed;2258426]I'm assuming he meant the side from the second season, which was hands down the worst team from the perspective of the individuals, we've had down here.

I agree with Vose. Moke though was the epitome of the run around a lot player. There is a reason he ended up in Conference North.[/QUOTE]

Would have been good if he said so in his post!

WrexhamTID 15th May 2019 23.18:59

GK: Rutherford

LB: Rutherford
CB: Rutherford
CB: Rutherford
RB: Rutherford

CM: Rutherford

RW: Grant
ST: Rutherford
LW: Rutherford

ABd 16th May 2019 01.32:03

Didn’t we have Bachmann, Manny Smith, Ashton, Harris, Keates, Jennings and Moult in the same team (Wilkin’s first season)?

Alan Attack 16th May 2019 05.21:05

[QUOTE=ABd;2258434]Didn’t we have Bachmann, Manny Smith, Ashton, Harris, Keates, Jennings and Moult in the same team (Wilkin’s first season)?[/QUOTE]

“Bad eggs” season.

EnglishRed 16th May 2019 07.28:20

[QUOTE=ABd;2258434]Didn’t we have Bachmann, Manny Smith, Ashton, Harris, Keates, Jennings and Moult in the same team (Wilkin’s first season)?[/QUOTE]

Yeah. That team should have got play offs as a minimum. Instead they lost 4 nil at home to Telford.

Prodigal Dragon 16th May 2019 07.30:14

Hopefully the one BH puts together this season. Unlike past ones, it needs to be good enough to be promoted. Ask again next May!;)

Phils-an-alki 16th May 2019 07.33:37

A lot of people missing a glorious opportunity to indulge Rutherford here.. Come on, at least he works hard?

Phils-an-alki 16th May 2019 08.18:19

[QUOTE=Alan Attack;2258440]“Bad eggs” season.[/QUOTE]

Barry Horne undermining the manager season.

Alan Attack 16th May 2019 08.22:36

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2258458]Barry Horne undermining the manager season.[/QUOTE]

Nah, it was bad eggs.

Phils-an-alki 16th May 2019 08.26:25

[QUOTE=Alan Attack;2258461]Nah, it was bad eggs.[/QUOTE]

Well they did crack under pressure. It was no yolk.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 18.17:57.