RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Rank the Rivals (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/113975-rank-rivals.html)

Back of the Kop 25th May 2019 12.27:16

Re: Rank the Rivals

When we are talking about local rivalry the top 2 have always been and always will be :

1. Chester
2. Shrewsbury

You can then start to argue Tranmere, Crewe etc......but for me that's it

Mr Wonderful 25th May 2019 12.27:19

Hope Newport go up. Must be a Welsh thing . . . .

Readred 25th May 2019 12.29:47

Don’t really mind Tranmere, some decent away days, and friendly banter. Feel like in a squeeze they’d help us out, have loaned us players etc. Get decent gates.

Newport, tinpot club who got lucky in the play off final.

northwalian dragon 25th May 2019 12.37:04

[QUOTE=Back of the Kop;2260598]I'm struggling with this one ?

Rivals in what respect ? Geography dictates if you mean derby rivalry and "local bragging rights" so why would Newport be on your list but Tranmere not ?[/QUOTE]

A rivalry doesn't mean exclusively local. Derby means local

Just which teams do you dislike most, which fixtures against certain clubsare more than just standard games?

MJ6987 25th May 2019 12.59:14

Think I’d prefer Newport to go up as they’re Welsh whereas Tranmere are wannabe scousers.

I’ve always seen Newport as a bit of a nothing team though, ranking a distant third in the Welsh rivalry stakes. Does our rivalry with them just stem from them beating us in the play offs? I doubt that we register much with their fans, unless I’m missing something?

Flintshire Red 25th May 2019 12.59:28

Depends which era your from, from the 80’s Chester, Tranmere, Shrewsbury, Crewe

dewi ogwen 25th May 2019 13.05:50

[QUOTE=Back of the Kop;2260605]Lol.....since when did Newport become a local rival to Wrexham ?

They're 4 hours drive away.You can get to London faster[/QUOTE]

Personal choice. I live in South Wales about 10 miles from Newport.

redone 25th May 2019 13.20:30

man u,liverpool,everton they were the teams that took our supporters when i was a kid, youd get laughed at if you said you were a Wrexham fan

Wirral Red 25th May 2019 13.41:53

[QUOTE=Back of the Kop;2260605]Lol.....since when did Newport become a local rival to Wrexham ?

They're 4 hours drive away.You can get to London faster[/QUOTE]

Don't think the original poster said local.
People dislike Newport since the playoff final and that away game where we spent the whole game being pelted with objects by their idiots , although a few of our idiots were encouraging them.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 17.30:53.