RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Rank the Rivals (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/113975-rank-rivals.html)

EnglishRed 25th May 2019 16.31:36

Re: Rank the Rivals

[QUOTE=SPROUT;2260651]The only real rivals are Chester.The rest are just local games.Most Wrexham fans I know don't really give a damn about Shrewsbury,except for the shropshire border fans.[/QUOTE]

... And they are a bit weird down that way.

Wiltshire_Red 25th May 2019 16.50:12

[QUOTE=northwalian dragon;2260591]Given that its Newport v Tranmere for a place in League 2 today its sparked a debate about who Wrexham fans would prefer to go up

For me I'd much prefer Tranmere to go up. I just don't consider the rivaly to be that intense, don't know why. I guess it depends when you were born and when you started supporting the town

So how would everyone rank our rivals?

I'd say

1.) Chester
2.) Shrewsbury
3.) Port Vale
4.) Stockport
5.) Newport

Tranmere, Crewe, Cardiff, Swansea, Wallsall - any other mentions?[/QUOTE]

You got your preference today, can’t say I’m sorry about Newport losing to a late goal, what goes around comes around.

For me Chester always number one rivals, having supported Wrexham in the 60s and 70s then Port Vale would be up there for me. Some really bad tempered matches with them and damage from their fans

redtilidie 25th May 2019 17.15:42

[QUOTE=Wiltshire_Red;2260658]You got your preference today, can’t say I’m sorry about Newport losing to a late goal, what goes around comes around.

For me Chester always number one rivals, having supported Wrexham in the 60s and 70s then[B] Port Vale would be up there for me. Some really bad tempered matches with them and damage from their fans[/B][/QUOTE]

....and I still carry the scars!!! :eek:

ruthinred 25th May 2019 17.21:09

Vale matches were always bad for fighting, but theyre hardly rivals

Ive never liked Crewe tbh

Chester
Shrewsbury
Crewe
Newport

ruthinred 25th May 2019 17.25:41

[QUOTE=Back of the Kop;2260606]When we are talking about local rivalry the top 2 have always been and always will be :

1. Chester
2. Shrewsbury

You can then start to argue Tranmere, Crewe etc......but for me that's it[/QUOTE]

This is true

joe 25th May 2019 22.23:06

chester and Shrewsbury are our only rivals and always will be. Special mentions to Newport and Port Vale

Birdy 26th May 2019 00.12:04

Chester
Shrewsbury
Tranmere
Crewe

pagl 26th May 2019 03.08:39

For me it is:

Bin dippers - hate the games especially recently.
Cardiff - era related and many games especially old welsh cup.
Slops - used to be a good away day.
Crewe, Vale, Stockport and other locals not so much a rivalry just a better type of game.

Now we have all sorts of localish teams and we struggle against them.
Telford, Alty, Macc, Southport.......at times embarrasing.

dixienormous 26th May 2019 08.30:37

Erm, Port Vale has to be in the top 3-5.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 07.05:46.