RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   National League Updates 2019/20 Season II (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/113996-national-league-updates-2019-20-season-ii.html)

Prodigal Dragon 8th July 2019 10.32:20

Re: National League Updates 2019/20 Season II

[QUOTE=pagl;2272839]The question is will any team stand out given that a lot have strengthened.
Its going too be a tough season as I think the league is levelling at the top as bugger clubs drop and these newer clubs rise.

How many clubs will be looking at the title and play offs?
Us, Chesterfield, Yeovil, Barnet, Pools and Daggers.
With the money Fylde, Solihull, Bromley, Boreham Wood, Harrogate and Barrow seem to have upped their budget.
Promoted Torquay and Stockport as ex league clubs.

Obviously everyone cant be winning but these teams at home will be looking for points.
Then pick up what you can away.

Seems to me a lot of teams could beat anyone and it doesnt look easy IMO.[/QUOTE]

Whoever wins it this season will go up on merit, as it will be difficult. We must hit the ground running against Barrow and then keep up the pace.

NottsRed 8th July 2019 10.38:27

[QUOTE=pagl;2272839]The question is will any team stand out given that a lot have strengthened.
Its going too be a tough season as I think the league is levelling at the top as bugger clubs drop and these newer clubs rise.

How many clubs will be looking at the title and play offs?
Us, Chesterfield, Yeovil, Barnet, Pools and Daggers.
With the money Fylde, Solihull, Bromley, Boreham Wood, Harrogate and Barrow seem to have upped their budget.
Promoted Torquay and Stockport as ex league clubs.

Obviously everyone cant be winning but these teams at home will be looking for points.
Then pick up what you can away.

Seems to me a lot of teams could beat anyone and it doesnt look easy IMO.[/QUOTE]

Its not going to be easy at all. You also get one surprise team each year that comes out of the blue as well.

While in the main I think on paper the squad looks stronger I still think we need one more quality addition in the midfield, RB and possibly a wide player who can cross to have a decent chance of pushing for the automatic spot.

WasanActonlad 8th July 2019 10.39:36

Don't rule out Torquay with Johnson at the helm...

billybersham 8th July 2019 10.40:41

[QUOTE=NottsRed;2272848]Its not going to be easy at all. You also get one surprise team each year that comes out of the blue as well.

While in the main I think on paper the squad looks stronger I still think we need one more quality addition in the midfield, RB and possibly a wide player who can cross to have a decent chance of pushing for the automatic spot.[/QUOTE]

Was last year Wrexham after seasons of being mid table?

boomer 8th July 2019 10.50:13

I agree Torquay given their manager's pedigree will be there or thereabouts.

benwilliams 8th July 2019 14.32:49

[QUOTE=boomer;2272855]I agree Torquay given their manager's pedigree will be there or thereabouts.[/QUOTE]

Disagree, bottom half for me. Johnson is certainly a good manager but they have a low budget and went down with a whimper 2 seasons ago with a lot of the same players.

Did well to romp a poor quality Conf south with GJ calling in loan favours from his son at Bristol City but they'll find this level a lot tougher going
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

Phils-an-alki 9th July 2019 09.58:25

I'm fairly confident that the squad we have won't take us up.

aussiejackoinsaudi 9th July 2019 10.06:52

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2273010]I'm fairly confident that the squad we have won't take us up.[/QUOTE]

You might be right, you might be wrong. Nobody knows at this stage.

dixienormous 9th July 2019 10.14:54

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2273010]I'm fairly confident that the squad we have won't take us up.[/QUOTE]

I think this is potentially the best squad we've had since our 98 point season.
We have a solid defensive unit including a very good keeper, hopefully a better midfield, creativity with Redmond and certainly the potential for more goals with JJ, Harris, Mcintosh etc.

I think we need another winger, striker and a right back when the team returns from Portugal.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 11.20:16.