RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   National League Updates 2019/20 Season II (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/113996-national-league-updates-2019-20-season-ii.html)

dagg 19th August 2019 14.00:13

Re: National League Updates 2019/20 Season II

£99 for a season ticket is a good price, and they struggled to sell them at that price.

ruthinred 19th August 2019 14.40:21

Well if theyre community doesent care
He should do the sensible thing and pull his funding, then they can return to thier natural level

Its the shittest fixture by a country mile so ‘Dan’ would be doing us all a favour

:D

Pieman 19th August 2019 14.48:46

[QUOTE=Ruabon Red;2283180]On face value there's no enjoyment to be taken from reading that. If all he says is true I have sympathy for him.[/QUOTE]

I havent when there are clubs with 5k plus average gates to invest in who are in the same league

ruthinred 19th August 2019 15.00:08

Does show that theyre are well intentioned people out there wealthy enough to fund a footy club for interest, experience and good will

This is why its vital our club succeeds soon, as Im sure theyre are similar individuals who would love to take ownership here

:cool3:

pagl 19th August 2019 15.20:01

Great boardroom support. Increased wages by 800% and built 2 new stands.
The Town and community support isn’t there.

Other small clubs had a better level of interest e.g. Crawley, Fleetwood, FGR and once promoted can be sustained with league money plus the private investment.

We can see some clubs struggling Bury who the Nevilles couldn’t support themselves so jumped in at Salford. Bolton where private investment hasn’t arrived.

Sadly the Boreham man doesn’t live up here with a ready made 5,000.

The situation is just going to increase as the Notts Counties drop and the Salfords rise.
Solihull, Fylde, Harrogate, Bromley, BWood , all lining up.

fezbob 19th August 2019 15.24:25

I love how weird that interview is. The owner comes across like a sassy old queen:'Oh do me a favour Grant, we’ve been finding excuses at whatever league we’ve been playing in and there aren’t any excuses left.'
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

EnglishRed 19th August 2019 18.41:12

I'm not sure where to post this. But did anyone else catch the 'Gaffer' TV programme on BT Sports? They were following several managers from our league at the end of last season. Was interesting to see Neil Smith at Bromley clearly pleading with JJ Hooper to stay with them. And also a bit where Simon Weaver took a call from an agent throwing players at him.

Worth checking out.

LWR 19th August 2019 19.36:09

[QUOTE=Ruabon Red;2283180]On face value there's no enjoyment to be taken from reading that. If all he says is true I have sympathy for him.[/QUOTE]

But realistically what was he expecting.

Boreham Wood isnt a massive area. Wikipedia reckons around 30,000 people.

But they're right next to Barnet, who also struggle to attrach the crowds at this level around 1400 or less, and they're far more established. They've also got St Albans and Hemel Hempsted to the North who have they're own non league clubs.

But they real problem is they've got Watford 5 mile away or so and another 2 premiership clubs in Spurs and Arsenal who predominantly take up the majority of the support in North London only 12 miles away.

Red Light 19th August 2019 19.54:45

[QUOTE=EnglishRed;2283263]I'm not sure where to post this. But did anyone else catch the 'Gaffer' TV programme on BT Sports? They were following several managers from our league at the end of last season. Was interesting to see Neil Smith at Bromley clearly pleading with JJ Hooper to stay with them. And also a bit where Simon Weaver took a call from an agent throwing players at him.

Worth checking out.[/QUOTE]

Agree - cracking programme showing behind the scenes day to day managerial roles of four National League Managers - not forgetting John Still. If anyone gets the chance to watch - it's good viewing.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 19.40:43.