Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10th June 2019, 13.49:18   #1071-0 (permalink)

Racecourse Spot: Yale,Lower tier near kop (usually)
Twitter: @

Default Re: Transfer rumours, speculation & associated discussion - summer 2019 II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdy View Post
Akil, Ruthers and Carra all average conference players. With them starting the majority of games you have an average conference side. It really is that simple. All this lets try them in position x is just not having the balls to say they are not upto the job.
I think thats harsh on Carrington. He plays in a position where being dependable and solid is perfectly fine. The problem with the other 2 is they play in positions where we have been struggling ie creating and scoring.
Old 10th June 2019, 13.56:26   #1072-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road stand

Default Re: Transfer rumours, speculation & associated discussion - summer 2019 II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funny_Old_Game View Post
What sort of job?
Ball Boy lol
Old 10th June 2019, 14.01:46   #1073-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Techend

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBuxton_Forever red View Post
I think thats harsh on Carrington. He plays in a position where being dependable and solid is perfectly fine. The problem with the other 2 is they play in positions where we have been struggling ie creating and scoring.
This is the reality of the situation.
We retained a core for stability to build on.

Its reasonable to expect the additions to be the extra quality to push us to the title. We should expect therefore Ruthers, Wright and some others to play squad supporting roles. Otherwise we may as well signed the same squad.
Old 10th June 2019, 14.05:48   #1074-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: GUS

I fully expect Wright to be first choice - don't shoot me down. I just can see that one coming
Old 10th June 2019, 14.31:09   #1075-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Yale

Well I personally think Akil could potentially be an improvement on Kevin Roberts. He does sometimes have poor games but don't they all. He has played there before and is mobile. Give him a couple of pre-season games there and see what happens. Nothing lost in my opinion. Would free up a bit of budget to strengthen the midfield or attack. Hes' not such a bad player is he ? Really ?
Old 10th June 2019, 14.34:53   #1076-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by subbuteorob View Post
Well I personally think Akil could potentially be an improvement on Kevin Roberts. He does sometimes have poor games but don't they all. He has played there before and is mobile. Give him a couple of pre-season games there and see what happens. Nothing lost in my opinion. Would free up a bit of budget to strengthen the midfield or attack. Hes' not such a bad player is he ? Really ?
Don't try and defend Wright, he would struggle to get in the Lex team according to some on here.
Old 10th June 2019, 14.35:31   #1077-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Cold Road Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haruki View Post
i know i am a maverick but couldn't we try playing a right back at right back?
It will never catch on.
Old 10th June 2019, 14.37:36   #1078-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Wright certainly has strengths, but these are offset by his weaknesses.

He's quick for his size, he's decent at arriving into the area at the right time, he's decent at headed goals.

However he's a poor footballer, which means he would be poor at RB and it's the reason he could never work in a midfield pairing. It worked OK in a midfield 3 last season but we need so much more from him.

He hasn't developed as I had hoped he would, as he had a lot of good basic ingredients. Then again our coaching isn't up to much these days.
Old 10th June 2019, 15.01:33   #1079-0 (permalink)
User

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: Tech end

Quote:
Originally Posted by subbuteorob View Post
I wouldn’t mind putting a right back their instead
Old 10th June 2019, 15.38:37   #1080-0 (permalink)

Racecourse Spot: Yale,Lower tier near kop (usually)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LlayDragon View Post
Wright certainly has strengths, but these are offset by his weaknesses.

He's quick for his size, he's decent at arriving into the area at the right time, he's decent at headed goals.

However he's a poor footballer, which means he would be poor at RB and it's the reason he could never work in a midfield pairing. It worked OK in a midfield 3 last season but we need so much more from him.

He hasn't developed as I had hoped he would, as he had a lot of good basic ingredients. Then again our coaching isn't up to much these days.
I agree that he is a poor footballer and the rest of what you say is a fair summary of him however I think his footballing ability would be more exposed in the middle where we play him, where as you can hide a right back.

We shouldnt have to mind. Carrington should play there, or a new signing.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 02.42:19.