Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16th June 2019, 19.16:04   #1441-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot: Nostalgically The KOP
Twitter: @

Default Re: Transfer rumours, speculation & associated discussion - summer 2019 II

Quote:
Originally Posted by BP Red View Post
He scored 23 for us that season, the type of goal return we'd kill for nowadays.

He started almost 40 games too so either you're memory isn't too great or you're posting bollocks for attention.
Thought he got about 16 in the league from 32; remember it being about 1 in 2.
Old 16th June 2019, 19.20:54   #1442-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Mold Road Stand
Twitter: @fezbob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Percy Sugden View Post
People go on about moult as some sort of hero. Andy Bishop kept him out of the side for most of the season and then he left the following pre-season. He had a tendency to lose his head in games and consequently would have to be taken off when he had started before receiving an inevitable red card.

He’s did well in Scotland but I don’t think he’s had a massive impact in the championship.
Have you been on the biftas?
Posted via mobile theme
Old 16th June 2019, 19.32:39   #1443-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

Racecourse Spot: Upper Yale stand, town end

Default Re: Transfer rumours, speculation & associated discussion - summer 2019 II

Anyone seen Tollit about?
Old 16th June 2019, 19.32:56   #1444-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomWFC View Post
Are you saying Bishop was/is a better player than Moult?
No I’m not.

My point is this:

Louis Moult showed potential for us and had a decent scoring record when he played. He’s gone on and done well in Scotland. Realistically his level is probably league one as a regular in a team.
We won nothing in the season he played for us and finished 11th scoring 56 goals in total. The way people on here mention him suggests he was our hero striker in a dominate season from Wrexham. We didn’t even challenge for the playoffs.
Old 16th June 2019, 19.34:58   #1445-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Not Set Click To Change

Quote:
Originally Posted by fezbob View Post
Have you been on the biftas?
Posted via mobile theme
What have I written to make you think that? I thought my summing up of Moult was fairly accurate.
Old 16th June 2019, 19.42:38   #1446-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
No I’m not.

My point is this:

Louis Moult showed potential for us and had a decent scoring record when he played. He’s gone on and done well in Scotland. Realistically his level is probably league one as a regular in a team.
We won nothing in the season he played for us and finished 11th scoring 56 goals in total. The way people on here mention him suggests he was our hero striker in a dominate season from Wrexham. We didn’t even challenge for the playoffs.
People on here mention him because he scored the most goals for us in a season since Ugarte. No one is deluded enough to think we were title challengers but he's definitely the type of forward we no longer seem able to attract.
Old 16th June 2019, 20.14:18   #1447-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Not Set Click To Change

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redpensioner View Post
As the thread says speculation, but my worry now is, have our targets fallen through the net especially strikers and gone to the highest bidder.
Will this mean we go into the bargain basement sort of player.
Better players are signed at the end of the transfer window, players won't sign just incase Joe Bloggs says he's 'sh*t' and not selling season tickets until weeks after anticipated has anything to do with it.

Can't wait for the next lot of corkers.
Old 16th June 2019, 20.24:28   #1448-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redpensioner View Post
As the thread says speculation, but my worry now is, have our targets fallen through the net especially strikers and gone to the highest bidder.
Will this mean we go into the bargain basement sort of player.
No we will wait to sign a quality striker in the January transfer window.

IMHO i think we have our striker line up plus probably one pacey loan signing who will sit on the bench and do nothing. Two more signings i think we will get, RB and a winger.

Last edited by NottsRed; 16th June 2019 at 20.25:41..
Old 16th June 2019, 20.26:00   #1449-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Not Set Click To Change

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo View Post
Better players are signed at the end of the transfer window, players won't sign just incase Joe Bloggs says he's 'sh*t' and not selling season tickets until weeks after anticipated has anything to do with it.

Can't wait for the next lot of corkers.
You’re the first one!!!

“Better players are signed at the end of the transfer window,”
Old 16th June 2019, 20.47:19   #1450-0 (permalink)
Name A Stand After Me

Not Set Click To Change

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Bollocks????

What did the team achieve the season Moult played for us?

F*;k all. He scored goals, yes - and then left. The fact this was 5 seasons ago shows how poor we’ve been upfront.

Maybe Fondop is the answer. We did fight off league clubs for his signature after all.
You’re mental. So a team has to achieve something for a player to be rated?
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 07.50:27.