Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30th May 2019, 18.28:40   #208-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Hays Travel Stand
Twitter: @

Default Re: Transfer rumours, speculation & associated discussion - summer 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagl View Post
The issue is that if you have 5 players in the team that struggle to even hit the target never mind score then the chances of 1 player (even Rowe) scoring diminish considerably. Thats what we have experienced.

Even now if Grant, Ruthers, Oswell and Fondop started then its very limited creativity and goals.
I really hope that Yosser can see that starting Grant and Rutherford regularly will only lead to mid table obscurity and a P45.
Old 30th May 2019, 18.35:38   #209-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Mold Road Stand

I've got no opinion on this TBC signing either way, but it's a bit rich us getting snobby about the Scottish third tier from the fifth in England/Wales. The Boden comment is a bit odd given how he did after he left us. Criticising Jordan White also hardly seems fair when he had a major illness and we got rid just as he started to find form.
Old 30th May 2019, 18.40:51   #210-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fezbob View Post
I've got no opinion on this TBC signing either way, but it's a bit rich us getting snobby about the Scottish third tier from the fifth in England/Wales. The Boden comment is a bit odd given how he did after he left us. Criticising Jordan White also hardly seems fair when he had a major illness and we got rid just as he started to find form.
Was about to post the very same about White. Always felt like there was a case of "what if" after he'd left.
Old 30th May 2019, 18.50:48   #211-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: ERS but missing the Kop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Roberts View Post
Was about to post the very same about White. Always felt like there was a case of "what if" after he'd left.

Well how did White do after he left us? Barrow very little, now obviously we don't know how much the illness took out of him but he's back in jockland now, my thoughts on Mac is he is 26 never left Scotland, will he get homesick? 17 goals against some terrible defending.

But if he signs yes let's hope yet another gamble pays off for a change.

A lot will depend if we get a creative midfielder and a defensive midfielder preferably a leader in the middle like Keates was.
Posted via mobile theme

Last edited by John Neals Dynasty; 30th May 2019 at 19.02:06..
Old 30th May 2019, 18.51:43   #212-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fezbob View Post
White had a bad illness and Boden had previously had a nightmare season which takes time to get over. Its like Bishop and people wondering why he's so shit in a year his Dad dies and he gets divorced. Sometimes i'm not sure if people don't see footballers as Human or they are just thick. Or maybe they've not gone through anything traumatic in their lives and can't empathise. I don't know
Old 30th May 2019, 18.54:28   #213-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot: none given

Lainton got a roasting on here before he played a game, look how that turned out. Some people are too quick to judge.
Old 30th May 2019, 18.55:44   #214-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Used to be the back of the KOP!
Twitter: @@tomtitch

The other highlights on YouTube are much better. He reminds me of a better version of Kayden Jackson. He looks strong, nice touch and scores some stunners as well as being a striker who seems to be in the right place at the right time, can run off his man or come short.

Has Brian Flynn been watching him? Dont know where Hughes has managed to find this one, and yes it looks like a risk, but this could be a risk worth taking. This lad up front with Fondop would at least be more entertaining than what we watched this season.

Last edited by harrypothead; 30th May 2019 at 18.57:26..
Old 30th May 2019, 18.56:44   #215-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Techend

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnglishRed View Post
White had a bad illness and Boden had previously had a nightmare season which takes time to get over. Its like Bishop and people wondering why he's so shit in a year his Dad dies and he gets divorced. Sometimes i'm not sure if people don't see footballers as Human or they are just thick. Or maybe they've not gone through anything traumatic in their lives and can't empathise. I don't know
Given football is so physical and requires so much energy and effort I dont really understand the emotional mindset. Either use the game to escape from reality or just dont play. Playing poorly and then using the emotional card seems a waste of playing. Maybe I am heartless.
Old 30th May 2019, 19.04:23   #216-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagl View Post
Given football is so physical and requires so much energy and effort I dont really understand the emotional mindset. Either use the game to escape from reality or just dont play. Playing poorly and then using the emotional card seems a waste of playing. Maybe I am heartless.
Given that it is there Job that’s quite a ridiculous statement doesn’t matter what line of work emotional mindset will get involved in your performance either positively or negatively. I don’t think it fair given certain situations to criticise/blame players for them playing worse during stressful times of their life and in terms of not playing it’s as much down to the club as anything
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 13.19:31.