RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Graham Barrow off to Shrewsbury (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/114018-graham-barrow-off-shrewsbury.html)

Huffy 5th June 2019 11.57:21

Re: Graham Barrow off to Shrewsbury

Show me where he said it?:)

ie 'I dont want the job' I agree he hinted it wasnt at first his intention but he never actually stated it as a fact.

I rest my case - Do well

pagl 5th June 2019 12.02:20

[QUOTE=Huffy;2263934]Show me where he said it?:)

ie 'I dont want the job' I agree he hinted it wasnt at first his intention but he never actually stated it as a fact.

I rest my case - Do well[/QUOTE]

He was quoted as saying he was happy as assistant and didnt want the managers job. Sure it was in the media but I dont have a copy anymore.

Ooh aah Paskin 5th June 2019 12.05:22

Its on the bbc report he linked!

"Wrexham interim manager Graham Barrow [B]does not want the job on a permanent basis [/B]but says candidates will be "queuing" to succeed Sam Ricketts."

"Although happy to remain as part of Wrexham's coaching team, Barrow has no ambitions of succeeding former Wales international Ricketts.
"I enjoy want I'm doing but I don't enjoy some of the stuff that goes along with management," Barrow added.
"I prefer to be on the training pitch and in the dressing room and helping the manager."

Phils-an-alki 5th June 2019 12.05:37

[QUOTE=Huffy;2263934]Show me where he said it?:)

I rest my case - Do well[/QUOTE]

[I]Wrexham interim manager Graham Barrow does not want the job on a permanent basis but says candidates will be "queuing" to succeed Sam Ricketts.[/I]

Although happy to remain as part of Wrexham's coaching team, Barrow has no ambitions of succeeding former Wales international Ricketts.

[I]"I enjoy want I'm doing but I don't enjoy some of the stuff that goes along with management," Barrow added.

"I prefer to be on the training pitch and in the dressing room and helping the manager."[/I]

What strange things for someone to say who wants the job. That's pure desperation to defend the indefensible.

redone 5th June 2019 12.20:05

[QUOTE=Ooh aah Paskin;2263941]Its on the bbc report he linked!

"Wrexham interim manager Graham Barrow [B]does not want the job on a permanent basis [/B]but says candidates will be "queuing" to succeed Sam Ricketts."

"Although happy to remain as part of Wrexham's coaching team, Barrow has no ambitions of succeeding former Wales international Ricketts.
"I enjoy want I'm doing but I don't enjoy some of the stuff that goes along with management," Barrow added.
"I prefer to be on the training pitch and in the dressing room and helping the manager."[/QUOTE]

cant argue with that, its in black n white!!

pagl 5th June 2019 12.28:54

[QUOTE=redone;2263947]cant argue with that, its in black n white!![/QUOTE]

Its amazing.
It was debated to a standstill at the time yet some can still not accept that he didnt want the job. Yes he said he changed his mind after but I think (just my opinion) that he was coerced into it on the back of DL getting the job and he would then revert back. It makes sense with all the activity at the time.
Yes I am cynical, yes its an opinion but knowing the spin machine its probably nearer the events. More credible than just changing your mind.

moynkeepthefaith 5th June 2019 12.33:09

All KingBuxton was saying originally was that Barrow was not blameless and I agree. To depict him as some innocent doddering old man who the nasty board coerced into taking a job he never wanted is stretching my imagination at least.

pagl 5th June 2019 12.42:07

[QUOTE=moynkeepthefaith;2263954]All KingBuxton was saying originally was that Barrow was not blameless and I agree. To depict him as some innocent doddering old man who the nasty board coerced into taking a job he never wanted is stretching my imagination at least.[/QUOTE]

It needs stretching and expanding. LOL.
Conspiracy and cynicism yes but GBs statement about not liking the management side takes some believing for a change of heart.

moynkeepthefaith 5th June 2019 12.44:28

[QUOTE=pagl;2263956]It needs stretching and expanding. LOL.
Conspiracy and cynicism yes but GBs statement about not liking the management side takes some believing for a change of heart.[/QUOTE]

I am sure you are right about my mind :)
Anyway - the odd couple are back together and lets see how they get on. I think Ricketts still has some convincing to do but frankly I don't care.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 16.03:30.