RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   WST agm resolutions (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/114022-wst-agm-resolutions.html)

wafc1926 4th June 2019 18.49:42

WST agm resolutions

See the deadline for resolutions was last Friday 31st May. Any news on proposals?

wafc1926 5th June 2019 08.27:23

Re: WST agm resolutions

[QUOTE=wafc1926;2263724]See the deadline for resolutions was last Friday 31st May. Any news on proposals?[/QUOTE]
Does anybody know? Does anybody care?

Quay Red 5th June 2019 09.05:46

[QUOTE=wafc1926;2263853]Does anybody know? Does anybody care?[/QUOTE]

If there are any new resolutions, I'm sure they'll be on the WST site as soon as possible.
There will be the standard one authorising the trust to support the club to the tune of £150k.
Any members proposal has to be verified. ie. Check members and seconders validity.
Be interesting to see if there are any proposals following the furore that January caused.

FieldtownRed 5th June 2019 10.58:29

[QUOTE=wafc1926;2263853]Does anybody know? Does anybody care?[/QUOTE]

Got to be honest, I was expecting 27 million posts from the regular moaners saying it's pointless raising resolutions as you can't change anything that the boards do.

pagl 5th June 2019 11.07:51

[QUOTE=FieldtownRed;2263908]Got to be honest, I was expecting 27 million posts from the regular moaners saying it's pointless raising resolutions as you can't change anything that the boards do.[/QUOTE]

I think to raise resolutions then you need to provide some substance to back it up. Voting and WST board interest is limited and I think most fans would like them to get on with the job of growing the club. However unless you feel you can make a difference then what resolutions are needed.
I would like to see a membership strategy, a phone app to join and a proactive campaign to build from 3,500 to 5,000. However the board are not interested and quite happy just to manage the current membership.

Whats the point in me proposing a resolution when they are not interested?

Quay Red 5th June 2019 11.21:03

[QUOTE=pagl;2263912]I think to raise resolutions then you need to provide some substance to back it up. Voting and WST board interest is limited and I think most fans would like them to get on with the job of growing the club. However unless you feel you can make a difference then what resolutions are needed.
I would like to see a membership strategy, a phone app to join and a proactive campaign to build from 3,500 to 5,000. However the board are not interested and quite happy just to manage the current membership.

Whats the point in me proposing a resolution when they are not interested?[/QUOTE]

Richard Ulrich has made an effort to grow the membership so his teams work should be appreciated.
Can we do more. Most definitely and your suggestions of better use of technology that's available should be taken on board.
That said, we can't arm wrestle the general fan base to join, they have to want to.

pagl 5th June 2019 11.57:27

[QUOTE=Quay Red;2263914]Richard Ulrich has made an effort to grow the membership so his teams work should be appreciated.
Can we do more. Most definitely and your suggestions of better use of technology that's available should be taken on board.
That said, we can't arm wrestle the general fan base to join, they have to want to.[/QUOTE]

I have communicated with Richard many times on this.
He obviously has enough just to manage the membership so we would therefore need more resources to grow the base.

Surely an app that makes it easier to join that you can send from your phone would help any initiatives.

wafc1926 5th June 2019 11.58:34

[QUOTE=FieldtownRed;2263908]Got to be honest, I was expecting 27 million posts from the regular moaners saying it's pointless raising resolutions as you can't change anything that the boards do.[/QUOTE]

I sincerely hope that prognosis is not true and hope there will be serious proposals worthy of robust debate. My concern is that there is lethargy within the WST board and growing apathy amongst the membership.Let's see what the resolutions are.

Quay Red 7th June 2019 11.41:54

[QUOTE=wafc1926;2263936]I sincerely hope that prognosis is not true and hope there will be serious proposals worthy of robust debate. My concern is that there is lethargy within the WST board and growing apathy amongst the membership.Let's see what the resolutions are.[/QUOTE]

I do wonder sometimes if there is any point in supporting new resolutions.
Prime example of this is the second platform for disabled supporters.
12 months of prevarication and little or no movement.
I will be asking for an update on this at the agm and requesting that the detailed plans are posted on the football club site. (If they really do exist)

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 13.18:08.