RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Colliers Park (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/114024-colliers-park.html)

Todd Sweeney 7th June 2019 08.39:19

Re: Colliers Park

[QUOTE=Wrexham_fan_4eva!;2264688]The deeds for the grove site state that the land must be and only used for educational purposes. Coleg cambria don’t want it and neither does Glyndwr.[/QUOTE]

I’d suggest that because of this the lease will be at a very cheap price. Buying land to build a training ground on would be much more expensive, and if we were up sell it to developers down the line because it’s an “asset” we’d just be back to square one.

Rob 7th June 2019 08.53:08

Also the council want to shift us off the Nine Acre as they want a school on it.

"Council leave club without training ground" is not a good look :)

Ooh aah Paskin 7th June 2019 09.50:56

[QUOTE=CRUMBS;2264711]New statement out on wfc site , work on 9 acres and should be using Groves in 2020 .[/QUOTE]

Its almost as if someone 'high up' reads red Passion and responds accordingly!

;)

Quay Red 7th June 2019 10.06:44

[QUOTE=Wrexham_fan_4eva!;2264688]The deeds for the grove site state that the land must be and only used for educational purposes. Coleg cambria don’t want it and neither does Glyndwr.[/QUOTE]

Covenants can be challenged and changed if it's seen that there is no further need or reason to uphold them.
Even listed building status can be altered or removed.

onelegged harry 7th June 2019 10.10:10

[QUOTE=Quay Red;2264776]Covenants can be challenged and changed if it's seen that there is no further need or reason to uphold them.
Even listed building status can be altered or removed.[/QUOTE]

It has been tried and the council lost.However I think it could be changed
in another 10years or so!

Redordead 7th June 2019 21.28:28

[url]https://twitter.com/cymru/status/1136973653403480065?s=21[/url]

Looks decent!

pagl 8th June 2019 02.42:48

Why the FAW would not accommodate one of their own clubs is an absolute disgrace.

I thought the money from the Euros was to invest in grassroots football. So use it to buy the facility but then dont share it with member clubs.

I really do despair at todays footballing world.
I will never watch Wales play another game.

dixienormous 8th June 2019 05.19:08

[QUOTE=pagl;2265125]Why the FAW would not accommodate one of their own clubs is an absolute disgrace.

I thought the money from the Euros was to invest in grassroots football. So use it to buy the facility but then dont share it with member clubs.

I will never watch Wales play another game.[/QUOTE]

It's beyond disgraceful but I'm working on ideas on how to get things moving. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Alan Attack 8th June 2019 06.09:45

[QUOTE=pagl;2265125]Why the FAW would not accommodate one of their own clubs is an absolute disgrace.

I will never watch Wales play another game.[/QUOTE]

Should they also accommodate other teams from north east wales; those that actually play in the Welsh set up?

pagl 8th June 2019 06.26:27

[QUOTE=Alan Attack;2265131]Should they also accommodate other teams from north east wales; those that actually play in the Welsh set up?[/QUOTE]

Why not?
These Other teams train albeit part time as well.

Given the location then likely to be used less frequently. However for us it would be a game changer. If the FAW are not going to assist their professional teams then I really despair.

dixienormous 8th June 2019 06.32:04

[QUOTE=Alan Attack;2265131]Should they also accommodate other teams from north east wales; those that actually play in the Welsh set up?[/QUOTE]

No they should not.

They're using what was once [B]our[/B] training ground, a facility taken away from us when Wales' oldest professional football club was raped by the 'asset strippers'.

It's a moral issue and you know it. The whole story should be highlighted nationally and the right people should be contacted.

If the FAW can't see how wrong this is then I despair. We are Wales' oldest club, we've won the Welsh cup more than any other club and the Racecourse Ground (the home of Welsh football club ffs) has held 92 International games with the first held in in March 1877, more than any other ground.

If they can't lend Wrexham football club a helping hand until we get our house in order, then they are a disgrace. This argument about other clubs using it is complete bollocks.

Alan Attack 8th June 2019 06.51:34

[QUOTE=dixienormous;2265133]No they should not.

They're using what was once [B]our[/B] training ground, a facility taken away from us when Wales' oldest professional football club was raped by the 'asset strippers'.

It's a moral issue and you know it. The whole story should be highlighted nationally and the right people should be contacted.

If the FAW can't see how wrong this is then I despair. We are Wales' oldest club, we've won the Welsh cup more than any other club and the Racecourse Ground (the home of Welsh football club ffs) has held 92 International games with the first held in in March 1877, more than any other ground.

If they can't lend Wrexham football club a helping hand until we get our house in order, then they are a disgrace. This argument about other clubs using it is complete bollocks.[/QUOTE]

Let’s say I’m a CQN fan. Why should the FAW assist a club that doesn’t even represent Wales when my club does?

I appreciate your feudal argument but it has very little weight. It’s like saying the flats belong to Wrexham AFC too.

pagl 8th June 2019 06.53:30

If they can't lend Wrexham football club a helping hand until we get our house in order, then they are a disgrace. This argument about other clubs using it is complete bollocks.[/QUOTE]

Why not?
The argument now should be about welsh football. We therefore have to be inclusive of others and the facilities available for the good of welsh football In general.

The emotional side is an additional factor.

Alan Attack 8th June 2019 07.04:10

I think it hastens the need for Wrexham AFC to have its own facilities and it frustrates me that Spencer Harris and the leader of WCBC were talking positively and proactively about developing the Groves and now it’s gone quiet.

dixienormous 8th June 2019 07.08:15

[QUOTE=Alan Attack;2265135]Let’s say I’m a CQN fan. Why should the FAW assist a club that doesn’t even represent Wales when my club does?

I appreciate your feudal argument but it has very little weight. It’s like saying the flats belong to Wrexham AFC too.[/QUOTE]

Come on Alan. Have CQN got any fans? The flats aren't owned by the FAW are they?

CQN, TNS and all the other teams officially represent Wales, but they don't really do they? The majority of the footballing world have never heard of these pub sides. Cardiff city, Swansea, Wrexham and Newport represent Welsh football, if we're honest here.

Redordead 8th June 2019 07.57:35

[QUOTE=dixienormous;2265141]Come on Alan. Have CQN got any fans? The flats aren't owned by the FAW are they?

CQN, TNS and all the other teams officially represent Wales, but they don't really do they? The majority of the footballing world have never heard of these pub sides. Cardiff city, Swansea, Wrexham and Newport represent Welsh football, if we're honest here.[/QUOTE]

They’ve got better training facilities than Wrexham Fc

Quay Red 8th June 2019 08.04:18

By the same Moral argument the Welsh FA should fund a new kop, buy the Racecourse and let us use it for next to nothing as we've been shafted.

The asset was sold to the Uni. We wouldn't pay an exorbitant rent for it and pay to bring it back to acceptable standards so we got 9 acre which is a reasonable area to train on most of the year.
We can and will do better if we get the Groves.

GarryOggy 8th June 2019 08.16:12

[QUOTE=Alan Attack;2265135]Let’s say I’m a CQN fan. Why should the FAW assist a club that doesn’t even represent Wales when my club does?

I appreciate your feudal argument but it has very little weight. It’s like saying the flats belong to Wrexham AFC too.[/QUOTE]

Newport are using the FAW facility at Dragon Park aren't they?

davewilli 8th June 2019 08.29:41

[QUOTE=dixienormous;2265133]

[/QUOTE]

Maybe the next time the National team turn up, they should be met by a lobby of Wxm fans.

OneLoveWrexham 8th June 2019 08.40:37

[QUOTE=Redordead;2265152]They’ve got better training facilities than Wrexham Fc[/QUOTE]
So have most Cymru Alliance and Welsh National League sides, atleast they have somewhere to shower and change.

pagl 8th June 2019 08.42:04

[QUOTE=Alan Attack;2265140]I think it hastens the need for Wrexham AFC to have its own facilities and it frustrates me that Spencer Harris and the leader of WCBC were talking positively and proactively about developing the Groves and now it’s gone quiet.[/QUOTE]

Probably because its mainly talk and no action :)

Alan Attack 8th June 2019 08.45:45

[QUOTE=GarryOggy;2265157]Newport are using the FAW facility at Dragon Park aren't they?[/QUOTE]

I don’t know what arrangement they have but I recall they didn’t have training facilities before their playoff final and had to use Cardiff’s stadium.

Wrexham's Patrick Bateman 8th June 2019 08.49:18

With respect to CQ, or any other Welsh League team. The chances of producing future international players is very remote...OK..At present, so are ours....But playing in the English Pyramid, at what ever level has to be the best way of nurturing future quality players..

Alan Attack 8th June 2019 08.56:37

[QUOTE=Wrexham's Patrick Bateman;2265169]With respect to CQ, or any other Welsh League team. The chances of producing future international players is very remote...OK..At present, so are ours....But playing in the English Pyramid, at what ever level has to be the best way of nurturing future quality players..[/QUOTE]

On that basis, perhaps they should be working with us to help produce our own facilities.

Wrexham's Patrick Bateman 8th June 2019 09.14:41

[QUOTE=Alan Attack;2265170]On that basis, perhaps they should be working with us to help produce our own facilities.[/QUOTE]

Let's have a kop stand first..:)

CRUMBS 8th June 2019 09.17:43

Thought Groves usable in 2020 , although i think there's a bit of spin on that one personally .

John Neals Dynasty 8th June 2019 09.22:13

Who have we got to train our players Hughes and one day a week Darlington, no goalkeeping coach now.

We're in a pretty sorry state at the moment.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

LlayDragon 8th June 2019 09.23:04

[QUOTE=Quay Red;2265154]By the same Moral argument the Welsh FA should fund a new kop, buy the Racecourse and let us use it for next to nothing as we've been shafted.

The asset was sold to the Uni. We wouldn't pay an exorbitant rent for it and pay to bring it back to acceptable standards so we got [B]9 acre which is a reasonable area to train on most of the year.[/B]
We can and will do better if we get the Groves.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure those training on it would agree with you. I doubt it's helping Hughes' recruitment drive either.

So many ifs and buts. If those bore holes don't tell WCBC they can put a school on the 9 acre I expect everything's off.

LlayDragon 8th June 2019 09.24:54

[QUOTE=John Neals Dynasty;2265179]Who have we got to train our players Hughes and one day a week Darlington, no goalkeeping coach now.

We're in a pretty sorry state at the moment.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

It's too much for Hughes alone. It's too much for any manager.

Many of these issues would seem less pressing we didn't have a unicorn assistant manager.

petered 8th June 2019 09.26:22

[QUOTE=EnglishRed;2264025]It's pretty shameful that The Welsh FA are now using it, knowing the history of how it was stripped from the club. Technically they are doing nothing wrong but it just sits wrong.[/QUOTE]

Absolutely.

Alan Attack 8th June 2019 09.26:50

[QUOTE=CRUMBS;2265178]Thought Groves usable in 2020 , although i think there's a bit of spin on that one personally .[/QUOTE]

If the Groves is to be usable by season 20/21 surely a planning application needs to be submitted PDQ

LlayDragon 8th June 2019 09.29:32

[QUOTE=petered;2265186]Absolutely.[/QUOTE]

Shame is something in pretty short supply at the FAW.

In footballing terms we have a wisper rather than a voice. We have no sway, we're not important.

dixienormous 8th June 2019 09.53:07

[QUOTE=Redordead;2265152]They’ve got better training facilities than Wrexham Fc[/QUOTE]

That's the whole point of this thread.

GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo 8th June 2019 10.45:30

[QUOTE=Alan Attack;2265187]If the Groves is to be usable by season 20/21 surely a planning application needs to be submitted PDQ[/QUOTE]

Perhaps this is how these figures have come about, another leak and we'll hear very soon.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 14.40:14.