RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Colliers Park (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/114024-colliers-park.html)

Alan Attack 6th June 2019 21.22:02

Re: Colliers Park

[QUOTE=pagl;2264618]Invest £850k and own nothing. Hmmm let me think?[/QUOTE]

What’s this obsession of owning?

pagl 6th June 2019 21.51:46

[QUOTE=Alan Attack;2264622]What’s this obsession of owning?[/QUOTE]

No obsession.
Renting is fine but it then shouldnt cost us £850k to build as well.

Back of the Kop 6th June 2019 23.04:33

[QUOTE=Alan Attack;2264622]What’s this obsession of owning?[/QUOTE]

Is it an obsession?

I'd say owning something rather than paying rent for it is common sense.

At the end you have what's called an asset you see

Todd Sweeney 6th June 2019 23.09:26

[QUOTE=Back of the Kop;2264645]Is it an obsession?

I'd say owning something rather than paying rent for it is common sense.

At the end you have what's called an asset you see[/QUOTE]

I don’t see why it matters for a training ground as long as we have a long-term lease.

If we had to buy the land outright on top of building the facilities it would cost more too.

Back of the Kop 6th June 2019 23.14:44

[QUOTE=Todd Sweeney;2264646]I don’t see why it matters for a training ground as long as we have a long-term lease.

If we had to buy the land outright on top of building the facilities it would cost more too.[/QUOTE]

Would you build a house on land you could only lease ?

Honest question

Todd Sweeney 6th June 2019 23.22:55

[QUOTE=Back of the Kop;2264647]Would you build a house on land you could only lease ?

Honest question[/QUOTE]

Well a lot of people do own houses or flats that are leasehold rather than freehold.

Putting that aside, I don’t think a house and a training ground have that many similarities. A house is an asset that someone else will want to buy if you want to sell. Who would we sell our training ground to, and why would we want to sell it?

paddockgraham 6th June 2019 23.37:41

[QUOTE=pagl;2264618]Invest £850k and own nothing. Hmmm let me think?[/QUOTE]

a long term 100 year lease protects us from 'investors' stealing it like they did with Colliers, clever people know this hence why we are leasing not buying

pagl 7th June 2019 01.11:36

[QUOTE=paddockgraham;2264650]a long term 100 year lease protects us from 'investors' stealing it like they did with Colliers, clever people know this hence why we are leasing not buying[/QUOTE]

Ah clever people.
Its not clever paying £850k and not owning anything.
Plus the lease costs. I know the difference hence the issue.

Ooh aah Paskin 7th June 2019 08.02:58

[QUOTE=Todd Sweeney;2264649]Well a lot of people do own houses or flats that are leasehold rather than freehold.

Putting that aside, I don’t think a house and a training ground have that many similarities. A house is an asset that someone else will want to buy if you want to sell. Who would we sell our training ground to, and why would we want to sell it?[/QUOTE]

You could sell it to anyone who is interested, doesn't have to be as a training ground. You could sell it to a property developer, supermarket chain etc..

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 23.39:24.