Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham



Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 6th June 2019, 23.09:26   #31-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot:
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Colliers Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back of the Kop View Post
Is it an obsession?

I'd say owning something rather than paying rent for it is common sense.

At the end you have what's called an asset you see
I donít see why it matters for a training ground as long as we have a long-term lease.

If we had to buy the land outright on top of building the facilities it would cost more too.
Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2019, 23.14:44   #32-0 (permalink)
Legend
 
Back of the Kop's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot: none given
Real Name: none given
Twitter: @





Default Re: Colliers Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Sweeney View Post
I donít see why it matters for a training ground as long as we have a long-term lease.

If we had to buy the land outright on top of building the facilities it would cost more too.
Would you build a house on land you could only lease ?

Honest question
Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2019, 23.22:55   #33-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot:
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Colliers Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back of the Kop View Post
Would you build a house on land you could only lease ?

Honest question
Well a lot of people do own houses or flats that are leasehold rather than freehold.

Putting that aside, I donít think a house and a training ground have that many similarities. A house is an asset that someone else will want to buy if you want to sell. Who would we sell our training ground to, and why would we want to sell it?
Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2019, 23.37:41   #34-0 (permalink)
User

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: Paddock of course
Real Name: HenryJ
Twitter: @





Default Re: Colliers Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagl View Post
Invest £850k and own nothing. Hmmm let me think?
a long term 100 year lease protects us from 'investors' stealing it like they did with Colliers, clever people know this hence why we are leasing not buying
Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2019, 01.11:36   #35-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager
 
pagl's Avatar


(info 1 & 2)


(info)
 
Racecourse Spot: Techend
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Colliers Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by paddockgraham View Post
a long term 100 year lease protects us from 'investors' stealing it like they did with Colliers, clever people know this hence why we are leasing not buying
Ah clever people.
Its not clever paying £850k and not owning anything.
Plus the lease costs. I know the difference hence the issue.
Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2019, 08.02:58   #36-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges
 
Ooh aah Paskin's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot: MRS, ex-kopite
Real Name: ?
Twitter: @





Default Re: Colliers Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Sweeney View Post
Well a lot of people do own houses or flats that are leasehold rather than freehold.

Putting that aside, I donít think a house and a training ground have that many similarities. A house is an asset that someone else will want to buy if you want to sell. Who would we sell our training ground to, and why would we want to sell it?
You could sell it to anyone who is interested, doesn't have to be as a training ground. You could sell it to a property developer, supermarket chain etc..
Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2019, 08.12:08   #37-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero
 
Wrexham_fan_4eva!'s Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot:
Real Name: none given
Twitter: @





Default Re: Colliers Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooh aah Paskin View Post
You could sell it to anyone who is interested, doesn't have to be as a training ground. You could sell it to a property developer, supermarket chain etc..
The deeds for the grove site state that the land must be and only used for educational purposes. Coleg cambria donít want it and neither does Glyndwr.
Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2019, 08.28:28   #38-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges
 
Ooh aah Paskin's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot: MRS, ex-kopite
Real Name: ?
Twitter: @





Default Re: Colliers Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrexham_fan_4eva! View Post
The deeds for the grove site state that the land must be and only used for educational purposes. Coleg cambria donít want it and neither does Glyndwr.
Fair enough. Does building a training facility come under education? I suppose if schools use it too then it could.
Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2019, 08.32:21   #39-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges
 
LlayDragon's Avatar




(info)
 
Racecourse Spot:
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Colliers Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooh aah Paskin View Post
Fair enough. Does building a training facility come under education? I suppose if schools use it too then it could.
If our youth program runs through it, and this program includes gaining a qualification (NVQ, BTEC etc) maybe that could work?
__________________
All hail the mad banana!
Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2019, 08.37:23   #40-0 (permalink)
Legend

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: mold road stand
Real Name: nev
Twitter: @





Default Re: Colliers Park

New statement out on wfc site , work on 9 acres and should be using Groves in 2020 .
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools



Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List



Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.


Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark



All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 15.12:29.
Powered by vBulletinģ & Wrex the Dragons fiery breath

RedPassion.co.uk : World Famous in Wrexham



SEO by vBSEO 3.3.0 ©2009, Crawlability, Inc.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12