RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Colliers Park (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/114024-colliers-park.html)

dixienormous 8th June 2019 07.08:15

Re: Colliers Park

[QUOTE=Alan Attack;2265135]Let’s say I’m a CQN fan. Why should the FAW assist a club that doesn’t even represent Wales when my club does?

I appreciate your feudal argument but it has very little weight. It’s like saying the flats belong to Wrexham AFC too.[/QUOTE]

Come on Alan. Have CQN got any fans? The flats aren't owned by the FAW are they?

CQN, TNS and all the other teams officially represent Wales, but they don't really do they? The majority of the footballing world have never heard of these pub sides. Cardiff city, Swansea, Wrexham and Newport represent Welsh football, if we're honest here.

Redordead 8th June 2019 07.57:35

[QUOTE=dixienormous;2265141]Come on Alan. Have CQN got any fans? The flats aren't owned by the FAW are they?

CQN, TNS and all the other teams officially represent Wales, but they don't really do they? The majority of the footballing world have never heard of these pub sides. Cardiff city, Swansea, Wrexham and Newport represent Welsh football, if we're honest here.[/QUOTE]

They’ve got better training facilities than Wrexham Fc

Quay Red 8th June 2019 08.04:18

[QUOTE=dixienormous;2265133]No they should not.

They're using what was once [B]our[/B] training ground, a facility taken away from us when Wales' oldest professional football club was raped by the 'asset strippers'.

It's a moral issue and you know it. The whole story should be highlighted nationally and the right people should be contacted.

If the FAW can't see how wrong this is then I despair. We are Wales' oldest club, we've won the Welsh cup more than any other club and the Racecourse Ground (the home of Welsh football club ffs) has held 92 International games with the first held in in March 1877, more than any other ground.

If they can't lend Wrexham football club a helping hand until we get our house in order, then they are a disgrace. This argument about other clubs using it is complete bollocks.[/QUOTE]

By the same Moral argument the Welsh FA should fund a new kop, buy the Racecourse and let us use it for next to nothing as we've been shafted.

The asset was sold to the Uni. We wouldn't pay an exorbitant rent for it and pay to bring it back to acceptable standards so we got 9 acre which is a reasonable area to train on most of the year.
We can and will do better if we get the Groves.

GarryOggy 8th June 2019 08.16:12

[QUOTE=Alan Attack;2265135]Let’s say I’m a CQN fan. Why should the FAW assist a club that doesn’t even represent Wales when my club does?

I appreciate your feudal argument but it has very little weight. It’s like saying the flats belong to Wrexham AFC too.[/QUOTE]

Newport are using the FAW facility at Dragon Park aren't they?

davewilli 8th June 2019 08.29:41

[QUOTE=dixienormous;2265133]

It's a moral issue and you know it. The whole story should be highlighted nationally and the right people should be contacted.

[/QUOTE]

Maybe the next time the National team turn up, they should be met by a lobby of Wxm fans.

OneLoveWrexham 8th June 2019 08.40:37

[QUOTE=Redordead;2265152]They’ve got better training facilities than Wrexham Fc[/QUOTE]
So have most Cymru Alliance and Welsh National League sides, atleast they have somewhere to shower and change.

pagl 8th June 2019 08.42:04

[QUOTE=Alan Attack;2265140]I think it hastens the need for Wrexham AFC to have its own facilities and it frustrates me that Spencer Harris and the leader of WCBC were talking positively and proactively about developing the Groves and now it’s gone quiet.[/QUOTE]

Probably because its mainly talk and no action :)

Alan Attack 8th June 2019 08.45:45

[QUOTE=GarryOggy;2265157]Newport are using the FAW facility at Dragon Park aren't they?[/QUOTE]

I don’t know what arrangement they have but I recall they didn’t have training facilities before their playoff final and had to use Cardiff’s stadium.

Wrexham's Patrick Bateman 8th June 2019 08.49:18

With respect to CQ, or any other Welsh League team. The chances of producing future international players is very remote...OK..At present, so are ours....But playing in the English Pyramid, at what ever level has to be the best way of nurturing future quality players..

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 14.52:10.