RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Colliers Park (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/114024-colliers-park.html)

Alan Attack 8th June 2019 08.56:37

Re: Colliers Park

[QUOTE=Wrexham's Patrick Bateman;2265169]With respect to CQ, or any other Welsh League team. The chances of producing future international players is very remote...OK..At present, so are ours....But playing in the English Pyramid, at what ever level has to be the best way of nurturing future quality players..[/QUOTE]

On that basis, perhaps they should be working with us to help produce our own facilities.

Wrexham's Patrick Bateman 8th June 2019 09.14:41

[QUOTE=Alan Attack;2265170]On that basis, perhaps they should be working with us to help produce our own facilities.[/QUOTE]

Let's have a kop stand first..:)

CRUMBS 8th June 2019 09.17:43

Thought Groves usable in 2020 , although i think there's a bit of spin on that one personally .

John Neals Dynasty 8th June 2019 09.22:13

Who have we got to train our players Hughes and one day a week Darlington, no goalkeeping coach now.

We're in a pretty sorry state at the moment.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

LlayDragon 8th June 2019 09.23:04

[QUOTE=Quay Red;2265154]By the same Moral argument the Welsh FA should fund a new kop, buy the Racecourse and let us use it for next to nothing as we've been shafted.

The asset was sold to the Uni. We wouldn't pay an exorbitant rent for it and pay to bring it back to acceptable standards so we got [B]9 acre which is a reasonable area to train on most of the year.[/B]
We can and will do better if we get the Groves.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure those training on it would agree with you. I doubt it's helping Hughes' recruitment drive either.

So many ifs and buts. If those bore holes don't tell WCBC they can put a school on the 9 acre I expect everything's off.

LlayDragon 8th June 2019 09.24:54

[QUOTE=John Neals Dynasty;2265179]Who have we got to train our players Hughes and one day a week Darlington, no goalkeeping coach now.

We're in a pretty sorry state at the moment.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

It's too much for Hughes alone. It's too much for any manager.

Many of these issues would seem less pressing we didn't have a unicorn assistant manager.

petered 8th June 2019 09.26:22

[QUOTE=EnglishRed;2264025]It's pretty shameful that The Welsh FA are now using it, knowing the history of how it was stripped from the club. Technically they are doing nothing wrong but it just sits wrong.[/QUOTE]

Absolutely.

Alan Attack 8th June 2019 09.26:50

[QUOTE=CRUMBS;2265178]Thought Groves usable in 2020 , although i think there's a bit of spin on that one personally .[/QUOTE]

If the Groves is to be usable by season 20/21 surely a planning application needs to be submitted PDQ

LlayDragon 8th June 2019 09.29:32

[QUOTE=petered;2265186]Absolutely.[/QUOTE]

Shame is something in pretty short supply at the FAW.

In footballing terms we have a wisper rather than a voice. We have no sway, we're not important.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 13.48:01.