RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Colliers Park (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/114024-colliers-park.html)

bowler 5th June 2019 12.10:33

Colliers Park

Large coach on Colliers today lots of red shirts whether it was the Wales team is unknown but it looks an impressive training facility.

WrexhamO 5th June 2019 12.32:47

Re: Colliers Park

Wales training there some time this week apparently

flintshirefan 5th June 2019 16.39:51

Wales trained there today

dixienormous 5th June 2019 17.06:56

It's a disgrace we can't use it and another foolish decision by the board not to be going all out to use it.

EnglishRed 5th June 2019 17.08:18

It's pretty shameful that The Welsh FA are now using it, knowing the history of how it was stripped from the club. Technically they are doing nothing wrong but it just sits wrong.

redmatt 5th June 2019 17.15:50

Yeah looks great In the pictures I have just seen online, we should definitely be using it! How impressive would that look to future signings quality stadium & training facilities
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo 5th June 2019 17.18:58

Are we still looking to use it in the evenings for the youth sides? I'm sure it was mentioned discussions were ongoing a while back.

OneLoveWrexham 5th June 2019 17.19:25

[QUOTE=redmatt;2264028]Yeah looks great In the pictures I have just seen online, we should definitely be using it! How impressive would that look to future signings quality stadium & training facilities
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]
They should be begging them, Darlington should be using every contact he has to let us use the facilities. Instead signings have to dodge golf balls and dog shit on the 9acre.

John Neals Dynasty 5th June 2019 17.20:07

Yes surely even paying a rent on using it would of been cheaper than building a new one on an old school field.

Alan Attack 5th June 2019 17.27:02

[QUOTE=John Neals Dynasty;2264032]Yes surely even paying a rent on using it would of been cheaper than building a new one on an old school field.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

Are the FAW looking for tenants or parties to share Colliers?

Iíd think sharing facilities could cause issues for both parties.

Iíd much prefer Wrexham to push on and develop their own facilities and push on with youth development.

benwilliams 5th June 2019 17.31:37

[QUOTE=dixienormous;2264024]It's a disgrace we can't use it and another foolish decision by the board not to be going all out to use it.[/QUOTE]

Do we know they havent tried? It's a disgrace we cant use it but that's ancient history.

Todd Sweeney 5th June 2019 17.37:44

[QUOTE=dixienormous;2264024]It's a disgrace we can't use it and another foolish decision by the board not to be going all out to use it.[/QUOTE]

Costs were too high. Moss and Roberts were the ones who took it away from our club.

Inside Left 5th June 2019 17.43:23

[QUOTE=OneLoveWrexham;2264031]They should be begging them, Darlington should be using every contact he has to let us use the facilities. Instead signings have to dodge golf balls and dog shit on the 9acre.[/QUOTE]

Lets not knock the mystery 5 acre golfers.

pagl 5th June 2019 17.43:35

[QUOTE=Todd Sweeney;2264043]Costs were too high. Moss and Roberts were the ones who took it away from our club.[/QUOTE]

Shouldnt it have been part of the club for £1 deal?
:)

dixienormous 5th June 2019 17.54:01

[QUOTE=Todd Sweeney;2264043]Costs were too high. Moss and Roberts were the ones who took it away from our club.[/QUOTE]

Cost were too high to keep it? Have we looked into using it now,

John Neals Dynasty 5th June 2019 18.32:02

[QUOTE=pagl;2264051]Shouldnt it have been part of the club for £1 deal?
:)[/QUOTE]

Yes

billybersham 5th June 2019 19.08:58

Never forget Nev Dickens he was worse than Moss ,Roberts,Gutterman and the Wrexham public still buy cars off him every bloody week.

Todd Sweeney 5th June 2019 19.28:42

[QUOTE=dixienormous;2264053]Cost were too high to keep it? Have we looked into using it now,[/QUOTE]

Yes. This was covered previously at a WST meeting I think. Costs too high and itís not available during the day when we would need to train on it anyway.

pagl 5th June 2019 19.34:38

[QUOTE=billybersham;2264082]Never forget Nev Dickens he was worse than Moss ,Roberts,Gutterman and the Wrexham public still buy cars off him every bloody week.[/QUOTE]

How?
He got out. Did he get paid off or something?
Moss and Roberts cost us actual money. Slightly more than £1.
They even had the cheek to overvalue players as assets and get us to pay the inland revenue bill they owed.

Genuine question.

Alan Attack 5th June 2019 20.14:32

Colliers and the flats are the physical reminder of how this club has been screwed over the years. We can blame who we like but at the turn of this millennium, the club had very favourable landlords in the brewery and its own training facility.

bowler 5th June 2019 21.13:54

I thought we bought the sports ground of grove park to build our new training ground

standman 5th June 2019 21.17:55

[QUOTE=billybersham;2264082]Never forget Nev Dickens he was worse than Moss ,Roberts,Gutterman and the Wrexham public still buy cars off him every bloody week.[/QUOTE]

I use to get Vauxhall company cars but now Iím am based in Wrexham I swapped manufacturers to avoid him getting any income.

ugarte007 5th June 2019 21.20:35

Surely there is a way back for us, it makes no sense any other way

Todd Sweeney 5th June 2019 22.23:05

[QUOTE=bowler;2264111]I thought we bought the sports ground of grove park to build our new training ground[/QUOTE]

We havenít bought it.

renny 6th June 2019 06.05:36

Yay, another Colliers Park thread.:45:

paddockgraham 6th June 2019 21.18:16

how do we use it while others are already on it, plus pay an extortionate rent for something that was ours and stolen, rather rebuild our own

pagl 6th June 2019 21.19:58

[QUOTE=paddockgraham;2264617]how do we use it while others are already on it, plus pay an extortionate rent for something that was ours and stolen, rather rebuild our own[/QUOTE]

Invest £850k and own nothing. Hmmm let me think?

Alan Attack 6th June 2019 21.22:02

[QUOTE=pagl;2264618]Invest £850k and own nothing. Hmmm let me think?[/QUOTE]

Whatís this obsession of owning?

pagl 6th June 2019 21.51:46

[QUOTE=Alan Attack;2264622]Whatís this obsession of owning?[/QUOTE]

No obsession.
Renting is fine but it then shouldnt cost us £850k to build as well.

Back of the Kop 6th June 2019 23.04:33

[QUOTE=Alan Attack;2264622]Whatís this obsession of owning?[/QUOTE]

Is it an obsession?

I'd say owning something rather than paying rent for it is common sense.

At the end you have what's called an asset you see

Todd Sweeney 6th June 2019 23.09:26

[QUOTE=Back of the Kop;2264645]Is it an obsession?

I'd say owning something rather than paying rent for it is common sense.

At the end you have what's called an asset you see[/QUOTE]

I donít see why it matters for a training ground as long as we have a long-term lease.

If we had to buy the land outright on top of building the facilities it would cost more too.

Back of the Kop 6th June 2019 23.14:44

[QUOTE=Todd Sweeney;2264646]I donít see why it matters for a training ground as long as we have a long-term lease.

If we had to buy the land outright on top of building the facilities it would cost more too.[/QUOTE]

Would you build a house on land you could only lease ?

Honest question

Todd Sweeney 6th June 2019 23.22:55

[QUOTE=Back of the Kop;2264647]Would you build a house on land you could only lease ?

Honest question[/QUOTE]

Well a lot of people do own houses or flats that are leasehold rather than freehold.

Putting that aside, I donít think a house and a training ground have that many similarities. A house is an asset that someone else will want to buy if you want to sell. Who would we sell our training ground to, and why would we want to sell it?

paddockgraham 6th June 2019 23.37:41

[QUOTE=pagl;2264618]Invest £850k and own nothing. Hmmm let me think?[/QUOTE]

a long term 100 year lease protects us from 'investors' stealing it like they did with Colliers, clever people know this hence why we are leasing not buying

pagl 7th June 2019 01.11:36

[QUOTE=paddockgraham;2264650]a long term 100 year lease protects us from 'investors' stealing it like they did with Colliers, clever people know this hence why we are leasing not buying[/QUOTE]

Ah clever people.
Its not clever paying £850k and not owning anything.
Plus the lease costs. I know the difference hence the issue.

Ooh aah Paskin 7th June 2019 08.02:58

[QUOTE=Todd Sweeney;2264649]Well a lot of people do own houses or flats that are leasehold rather than freehold.

Putting that aside, I donít think a house and a training ground have that many similarities. A house is an asset that someone else will want to buy if you want to sell. Who would we sell our training ground to, and why would we want to sell it?[/QUOTE]

You could sell it to anyone who is interested, doesn't have to be as a training ground. You could sell it to a property developer, supermarket chain etc..

Wrexham_fan_4eva! 7th June 2019 08.12:08

[QUOTE=Ooh aah Paskin;2264686]You could sell it to anyone who is interested, doesn't have to be as a training ground. You could sell it to a property developer, supermarket chain etc..[/QUOTE]

The deeds for the grove site state that the land must be and only used for educational purposes. Coleg cambria donít want it and neither does Glyndwr.

Ooh aah Paskin 7th June 2019 08.28:28

[QUOTE=Wrexham_fan_4eva!;2264688]The deeds for the grove site state that the land must be and only used for educational purposes. Coleg cambria donít want it and neither does Glyndwr.[/QUOTE]

Fair enough. Does building a training facility come under education? I suppose if schools use it too then it could.

LlayDragon 7th June 2019 08.32:21

[QUOTE=Ooh aah Paskin;2264702]Fair enough. Does building a training facility come under education? I suppose if schools use it too then it could.[/QUOTE]

If our youth program runs through it, and this program includes gaining a qualification (NVQ, BTEC etc) maybe that could work?

CRUMBS 7th June 2019 08.37:23

New statement out on wfc site , work on 9 acres and should be using Groves in 2020 .

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 04.17:34.