Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham



Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 6th June 2019, 07.39:22   #1-0 (permalink)
Rob
Due a Testimonial
 
Rob's Avatar


(info 1 & 2)


(info)
 
Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand
Real Name: Rob
Twitter: @





Default Change to allow campaigning in elections to change 7% turnout - Board says may favour popular people

Another resolution thread - can you see what I am doing while having a coffee?

Proposer Richard Ulrich explains the change he is putting forward:

There are currently 3,565 members of the society but only approximately seven percent take part and vote in the annual society AGM. I think a key reason for this is that candidates are restricted to their candidate statement by the society rules when it comes to campaigning for election to the society board. We live in a world dominated by technology and social media; most people use or have access to the Internet these days. The annual society election also takes place in the close season when members are maybe taking a break from everything football related, they don't go to the pub with their mates as often and discuss club matters. 90 percent of the communications about the annual AGM and election are made via the official websites, social media and email. If you don't have an email address, then you receive a pack in the post. If the vast majority of communications about the annual AGM and election are via the Internet, then candidates should also be allowed to use these methods when it comes to campaigning for election to the board which would enable them to engage meaningfully with the members of the society.




Board 'comment' is "....but allowing campaigning via social media would run the risk of disproportionately benefiting those candidates who already have a large social media presence. Not all members and prospective candidates do, and they would be unfairly disadvantaged." etc

more on https://wst.org.uk/wp/?page_id=503
Old 6th June 2019, 07.49:43   #2-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: MRS
Real Name: Steve Gilbert





Default Re: Change to allow campaigning in elections to change 7% turnout - Board says may favour popular pe

Great resolution.

7% turnout of voters is terrible and needs something to liven it up.
Old 6th June 2019, 07.50:34   #3-0 (permalink)
Moderator
 
Iesty's Avatar


(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Mold road towards the kop
Real Name: iestyn
Twitter: @iesty83





Default Re: Change to allow campaigning in elections to change 7% turnout - Board says may favour popular pe

voted for probably the first time in my membership because i saw these threads
__________________
There must, for instance, be something very strange in a man who , if left alone in a room with a tea cosy, doesn't try it on.
Old 6th June 2019, 08.32:12   #4-0 (permalink)
Legend
 
wxmultra's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot: Tip-toeing down the tech end
Real Name: Wrexham Ultra
Twitter: @casualco





Default Re: Change to allow campaigning in elections to change 7% turnout - Board says may favour popular pe

The current board choosing not to back this? How else can we boost the turn out? Is it because most of the cyber generation will try there hardest to actually make changes to the current stale board, and those higher up the chain may be pushed out?
__________________
Super, super sub
Super Jonny Paskin.
Old 6th June 2019, 08.33:58   #5-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes
 
Phils-an-alki's Avatar


(info 1 & 2)


(info)
 
Racecourse Spot:
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Change to allow campaigning in elections to change 7% turnout - Board says may favour popular pe

Why would when the majority of the 7% will blindly vote for whatever the board wants them to.
__________________
Wrexham FC fan not a WST fan.
Old 6th June 2019, 08.34:10   #6-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges
 
Ooh aah Paskin's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot: MRS, ex-kopite
Real Name: ?
Twitter: @





Default Re: Change to allow campaigning in elections to change 7% turnout - Board says may favour popular pe

Quote:
Originally Posted by wxmultra View Post
The current board choosing not to back this? How else can we boost the turn out? Is it because most of the cyber generation will try there hardest to actually make changes to the current stale board, and those higher up the chain may be pushed out?
Social media is a powerful tool if used correctly. I am sure there may be some concerns about it from higher up...
Old 6th June 2019, 09.01:51   #7-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager
 
pagl's Avatar


(info 1 & 2)


(info)
 
Racecourse Spot: Techend
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Change to allow campaigning in elections to change 7% turnout - Board says may favour popular pe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooh aah Paskin View Post
Social media is a powerful tool if used correctly. I am sure there may be some concerns about it from higher up...
Yeh. The club could use it to their advantage but are Dinos set in their ways.
Old 6th June 2019, 09.15:55   #8-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: MRS
Real Name: Steve Gilbert





Default Re: Change to allow campaigning in elections to change 7% turnout - Board says may favour popular pe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
Another resolution thread - can you see what I am doing while having a coffee?

Proposer Richard Ulrich explains the change he is putting forward:

There are currently 3,565 members of the society but only approximately seven percent take part and vote in the annual society AGM. I think a key reason for this is that candidates are restricted to their candidate statement by the society rules when it comes to campaigning for election to the society board. We live in a world dominated by technology and social media; most people use or have access to the Internet these days. The annual society election also takes place in the close season when members are maybe taking a break from everything football related, they don't go to the pub with their mates as often and discuss club matters. 90 percent of the communications about the annual AGM and election are made via the official websites, social media and email. If you don't have an email address, then you receive a pack in the post. If the vast majority of communications about the annual AGM and election are via the Internet, then candidates should also be allowed to use these methods when it comes to campaigning for election to the board which would enable them to engage meaningfully with the members of the society.




Board 'comment' is "....but allowing campaigning via social media would run the risk of disproportionately benefiting those candidates who already have a large social media presence. Not all members and prospective candidates do, and they would be unfairly disadvantaged." etc

more on https://wst.org.uk/wp/?page_id=503
Is the board posting out the resolutions then, so those without a social media presence can have their vote?
Old 6th June 2019, 09.19:36   #9-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot:
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Change to allow campaigning in elections to change 7% turnout - Board says may favour popular pe

Quote:
Originally Posted by WrexhamO View Post
Is the board posting out the resolutions then, so those without a social media presence can have their vote?
They have emailed all members.
Old 6th June 2019, 09.25:09   #10-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges
 
Ooh aah Paskin's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot: MRS, ex-kopite
Real Name: ?
Twitter: @





Default Re: Change to allow campaigning in elections to change 7% turnout - Board says may favour popular pe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Sweeney View Post
They have emailed all members.
Is it a necessity that a member must have an email address before they can join the trust?

I don't know as I haven't been a member for years.

If its not and you can join without an email address, then this still isn't reaching the required audience.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools



Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List



Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.


Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark



All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 17.07:54.
Powered by vBulletin® & Wrex the Dragons fiery breath

RedPassion.co.uk : World Famous in Wrexham



SEO by vBSEO 3.3.0 ©2009, Crawlability, Inc.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12