Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham



Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 6th June 2019, 08.11:56   #11-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager
 
pagl's Avatar


(info 1 & 2)


(info)
 
Racecourse Spot: Techend
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Bryn Law puts forward 'Gate Approval Process' changes and NDA changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils-an-alki View Post
Personally from what we've seen them waste on players, I won't trust them with a penny. I'm surprised you would to be honest
Thats a different issue. Yes they did waste it but the fact is we still need investment.
Old 6th June 2019, 08.12:58   #12-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: none given
Real Name: none given
Twitter: @





Default Re: Bryn Law puts forward 'Gate Approval Process' changes and NDA changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iesty View Post
out of interest, does this approval also apply to donations?

for example, if a lottery winner wanted to inject a £1m pot of money into the club (something that is not unfathomable), no questions asked and for no stake or involvement in the club, would the board steadfastly have to stick to the approval process??
what mug is going to do that?

If I won the lottery and put £1m in, I would expect to own the club.
Old 6th June 2019, 08.15:36   #13-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager
 
pagl's Avatar


(info 1 & 2)


(info)
 
Racecourse Spot: Techend
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Bryn Law puts forward 'Gate Approval Process' changes and NDA changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by krux View Post
what mug is going to do that?

If I won the lottery and put £1m in, I would expect to own the club.
Vote for the resolution then.
Old 6th June 2019, 08.33:00   #14-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: MRS
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Bryn Law puts forward 'Gate Approval Process' changes and NDA changes

Worth reading the board response to Bryn's proposals based on legal advice received. I was initially attracted by Bryn's resolutions but worth reading the whole context.
Old 6th June 2019, 08.35:56   #15-0 (permalink)
Squad Player
 
WAFCExile's Avatar


(info 1 & 2)


(info)
 
Racecourse Spot:
Real Name:





Default Re: Bryn Law puts forward 'Gate Approval Process' changes and NDA changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils-an-alki View Post
"Furthermore, the fact the potential investor must then make a 5k payment to facilitate a second meeting and provide a business plan and proof of funding, but the Society board still has the right to end the process at this stage without disclosing the detail to the membership is unlikely to encourage credible investors to pursue the process to
this stage. There are good and bad investors out there, my contention is that whilst this process is rightly designed to discourage those whose intentions could be harmful, it’s actually too restrictive and is actually discouraging even those with positive intentions."


There it is.
At face value, it seems that the question we need to answer is this: when it comes to making decisions in the best interests of the club, do we trust the elected Board more than we trust the membership at large? If the answer is 'we trust the Board more', we should reject the proposal. If the answer is 'we trust the membership more', we should vote for the proposal.

However, given that the Board are elected by the membership, and have a legal duty to act in the best interests of the Trust (and therefore the club), and without their veto nothing could stop a prospective buyer stuffing the ballot box (by signing up new members who would then vote for a buyout), retaining clause 8 seems sensible to me. And before you say that stuffing the ballot box would never happen – remember the lengths to which Hamilton went to try and get control of the club. Paying 5,000 random strangers recruited online £20 each to sign up as members and vote for a takeover against our best interests would be both easier and cheaper than what he actually did.
Old 6th June 2019, 08.36:01   #16-0 (permalink)
Legend
 
wxmultra's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot: Tip-toeing down the tech end
Real Name: Wrexham Ultra
Twitter: @casualco





Default Re: Bryn Law puts forward 'Gate Approval Process' changes and NDA changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by benwilliams View Post
Worth reading the board response to Bryn's proposals based on legal advice received. I was initially attracted by Bryn's resolutions but worth reading the whole context.
Its just more Spencer Spin, the board are obviously making it harder for any investment to be put to the membership.
__________________
Super, super sub
Super Jonny Paskin.
Old 6th June 2019, 08.36:47   #17-0 (permalink)
Squad Player
 
WAFCExile's Avatar


(info 1 & 2)


(info)
 
Racecourse Spot:
Real Name:





Default Re: Bryn Law puts forward 'Gate Approval Process' changes and NDA changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by krux View Post
what mug is going to do that?

If I won the lottery and put £1m in, I would expect to own the club.
The club is worth much more than £1m.
Old 6th June 2019, 08.40:49   #18-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager
 
Phils-an-alki's Avatar


(info 1 & 2)


(info)
 
Racecourse Spot:
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Bryn Law puts forward 'Gate Approval Process' changes and NDA changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by benwilliams View Post
Worth reading the board response to Bryn's proposals based on legal advice received. I was initially attracted by Bryn's resolutions but worth reading the whole context.
Who in their right mind pays 5k for a second meeting when the board can just tell them to do one anyway and don't even have to tell members? You'd have to insane to pay 5k just to propose something.
No wonder we're constantly told "there's no one out there".

Furthermore, the fact the potential investor must then make a 5k payment to facilitate a second meeting and provide a business plan and proof of funding, but the Society board still has the right to end the process at this stage without disclosing the detail to the membership is unlikely to encourage credible investors to pursue the process to this stage.
__________________
Wrexham FC fan not a WST fan.
Old 6th June 2019, 08.44:12   #19-0 (permalink)
Rob
Due a Testimonial
 
Rob's Avatar


(info 1 & 2)


(info)
 
Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand
Real Name: Rob
Twitter: @





Default Re: Bryn Law puts forward 'Gate Approval Process' changes and NDA changes

A simple disclosure would help, every year a simple "X entities enquired about entering the Gate Approval Process, Y entered it and Z completed it"

Reasons for failure were.... then some default lines eg. no proof of funds, directors were a bunch of crooks, euromillions winner wanted the club for £1m its worth more, they loved rockin robin too much etc etc.

Personally I think the above would knock a fair few issues on the head.
Old 6th June 2019, 08.45:40   #20-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager
 
Phils-an-alki's Avatar


(info 1 & 2)


(info)
 
Racecourse Spot:
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Bryn Law puts forward 'Gate Approval Process' changes and NDA changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAFCExile View Post
At face value, it seems that the question we need to answer is this: when it comes to making decisions in the best interests of the club, do we trust the elected Board more than we trust the membership at large? If the answer is 'we trust the Board more', we should reject the proposal. If the answer is 'we trust the membership more', we should vote for the proposal.

However, given that the Board are elected by the membership, and have a legal duty to act in the best interests of the Trust (and therefore the club), and without their veto nothing could stop a prospective buyer stuffing the ballot box (by signing up new members who would then vote for a buyout), retaining clause 8 seems sensible to me. And before you say that stuffing the ballot box would never happen – remember the lengths to which Hamilton went to try and get control of the club. Paying 5,000 random strangers recruited online £20 each to sign up as members and vote for a takeover against our best interests would be both easier and cheaper than what he actually did.
Trust? That's long gone. I wouldn't trust that lot as far as I could throw them.

Its just putting ridiculous unnecessary obstacles in the way as a way of blocking investment and therefore they retain the power. Far to easy to say legal advice without going into detail and providing evidence.

Never heard that about Hamilton before but I was wondering when someone would hark back to the past as part of the justification.
__________________
Wrexham FC fan not a WST fan.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools



Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List



Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.


Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark



All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 22.26:32.
Powered by vBulletin® & Wrex the Dragons fiery breath

RedPassion.co.uk : World Famous in Wrexham



SEO by vBSEO 3.3.0 ©2009, Crawlability, Inc.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12