Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 6th June 2019, 11.43:11   #91-0 (permalink)
-

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: Bryn Law puts forward 'Gate Approval Process' changes and NDA changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixienormous View Post
We have fans killing the club.
Apathy now rules.
This thread is a case in point.

If Geoff Moss had done some of the things this club has done recently there would have been uproar and he would have got it in the neck. Double standards and hypocrisy is rife.
Old 6th June 2019, 11.50:30   #92-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot: Yale

Default Re: Bryn Law puts forward 'Gate Approval Process' changes and NDA changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Sweeney View Post
I think you are barking up the wrong tree.

A unilateral/one way NDA is entirely the correct one to have here. It is there to cover the confidential information that will be disclosed to the potential purchaser of the club, and to protect our trade secrets.

A two-way NDA would mean the owners of the club (us) could potentially not be told important information about the people who want to buy it from us, including their financial position.

That's not workable and is detrimental to our interests.
You are looking at it from an entirely one sided perspective.

If I am looking to invest and I disclose my financial position including shareholdings, cash positions, assets etc then I should have protection of this sensitive information not being rattled around just as you describe the club should in the event it does not progress. If it progresses then both parties agree what is reasonable for both sides to disclose.

Lets examine a scenario. An individual is about to sell a limited entity to a plc, this will yield a sizeable cash return. They wish to embark on a new project and that project is the football club. In the current scenario the minute they tell the club board where the money is coming from they are breaking the law as the one sided NDA allows the potential disclosure without penalty which could run into insider trading laws.

The bigger issue though is why don't they just come clean and say the clubs not for sale and we don't need investors - surely it just makes everything clear and the fans know where they stand - all the subjective stuff goes away and everyone just gets on with things. That's an hones, reasonable position and lets face it - the reality.
Old 6th June 2019, 11.52:26   #93-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils-an-alki View Post
You said you have no idea what his agenda is and then said approach with caution, which we all know what it suggests in the context of this thread.

I don't need to be careful about my initial reply to you at all, and if that's a threat you've made against me there its laughable.
As ever you read based on your own agenda - I have made it crystal clear what I was saying.
Old 6th June 2019, 11.57:42   #94-0 (permalink)
-

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagger Vance View Post

If I am looking to invest and I disclose my financial position including shareholdings, cash positions, assets etc then I should have protection of this sensitive information not being rattled around just as you describe the club should in the event it does not progress. If it progresses then both parties agree what is reasonable for both sides to disclose.

Lets examine a scenario. An individual is about to sell a limited entity to a plc, this will yield a sizeable cash return. They wish to embark on a new project and that project is the football club. In the current scenario the minute they tell the club board where the money is coming from they are breaking the law as the one sided NDA allows the potential disclosure without penalty which could run into insider trading laws.

The bigger issue though is why don't they just come clean and say the clubs not for sale and we don't need investors - surely it just makes everything clear and the fans know where they stand - all the subjective stuff goes away and everyone just gets on with things. That's an hones, reasonable position and lets face it - the reality.
This is it in a nutshell, they can't even be honest about it because they are terrified of the reaction.
Old 6th June 2019, 11.57:44   #95-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by WrexhamO View Post
This is disgraceful.
This is what happens when you deal with John Mills. Very nasty piece of work as i have also found out
Old 6th June 2019, 11.59:57   #96-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Techend

BV as usual right on the money.
Old 6th June 2019, 12.01:23   #97-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagger Vance View Post

A two way NDA could fairly easily result in another Geoff Moss or Alexander Hamilton.

Regarding your last paragraph. I think this is our standpoint. We haven't asked for investors to come forward, and personally I don't think we need them. However, it is right that a mechanism exists if any do approach the club.
Old 6th June 2019, 12.11:15   #98-0 (permalink)
Name A Stand After Me

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:

Anyone who thinks we don’t need investors is barmy. Trust have been in control for 7 full seasons and we have reached the playoffs twice. And one of those doesn’t count because we still had contracts to key players from the previous regime.

We need investment to go up, how clear does it need to be?
Old 6th June 2019, 12.22:07   #99-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot: Yale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Sweeney View Post
A two way NDA could fairly easily result in another Geoff Moss or Alexander Hamilton.

Regarding your last paragraph. I think this is our standpoint. We haven't asked for investors to come forward, and personally I don't think we need them. However, it is right that a mechanism exists if any do approach the club.
I'd argue it increases exponentially the chances of one! If an NDA is in place then all information can be disclosed, there is no motivation to withhold due to privacy concerns so you are far more likely to get to know the person or persons in more detail.

As for the last point - we agree its the stance so why bother with a mechanism that can be easily criticized as being designed to fail. Just don't have one until the stance has changed. Being clear on the position is braver, its honest, it promotes clarity and focuses everyone minds on what needs to be done without the distraction of people thinking an olive branch may be on its way.

The current position is unfair and misleading, its giving hope to some when there is none.

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 19.24:09.