Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham



Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 6th June 2019, 07.44:09   #1-0 (permalink)
Rob
Due a Testimonial
 
Rob's Avatar


(info 1 & 2)


(info)
 
Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand
Real Name: Rob
Twitter: @





Default Bryn Law puts forward 'Gate Approval Process' changes and NDA changes

Two sets of technical changes put forward by Bryn Law - the pair are to the bottom of https://wst.org.uk/wp/?page_id=503

He wants a penalty clause of £2k for breaking an NDA rather than £50,000, explaining it as "It is my contention that this figure has been set too high and that it actually discourages any approaches from those with serious investment intent as they regard such a figure as being excessive in comparison to other investment negotiations in which they have been involved."

The Gate process is worth a read fully, with the first two intro paragraphs below from him: "It is my proposal that The Gate Approval Process be amended to better encourage credible investment approaches. It is my contention that, as it exists, the process is overly punitive and, as such, is discouraging all potential investors from taking the process anywhere beyond the requirement to sign an NDA, particularly as the onus to
maintain confidentiality only falls on the investor, not on the Society Board.


"Furthermore, the fact the potential investor must then make a 5k payment to facilitate a second meeting and provide a business plan and proof of funding, but the Society board still has the right to end the process at this stage without disclosing the detail to the membership is unlikely to encourage credible investors to pursue the process to
this stage. There are good and bad investors out there, my contention is that whilst this process is rightly designed to discourage those whose intentions could be harmful, it’s actually too restrictive and is actually discouraging even those with positive intentions."


The Board advises against the first and 'strongly' advises against the second says it '...could lead to a repetition of the near farce which occurred when the previous owners were attempting to sell the club.'
Old 6th June 2019, 07.51:03   #2-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager
 
Phils-an-alki's Avatar


(info 1 & 2)


(info)
 
Racecourse Spot:
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Bryn Law puts forward 'Gate Approval Process' changes and NDA changes

"Furthermore, the fact the potential investor must then make a 5k payment to facilitate a second meeting and provide a business plan and proof of funding, but the Society board still has the right to end the process at this stage without disclosing the detail to the membership is unlikely to encourage credible investors to pursue the process to
this stage. There are good and bad investors out there, my contention is that whilst this process is rightly designed to discourage those whose intentions could be harmful, it’s actually too restrictive and is actually discouraging even those with positive intentions."


There it is.
__________________
Wrexham FC fan not a WST fan.
Old 6th June 2019, 07.51:16   #3-0 (permalink)
Legend

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: MRS
Real Name: Steve Gilbert





Default Re: Bryn Law puts forward 'Gate Approval Process' changes and NDA changes

WST say they are surprised he knows the conditions of their NDA.

Surely we should all know what the conditions if OUR NDA are?
Old 6th June 2019, 07.52:17   #4-0 (permalink)
Moderator
 
Iesty's Avatar


(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Mold road towards the kop
Real Name: iestyn
Twitter: @iesty83





Default Re: Bryn Law puts forward 'Gate Approval Process' changes and NDA changes

out of interest, does this approval also apply to donations?

for example, if a lottery winner wanted to inject a £1m pot of money into the club (something that is not unfathomable), no questions asked and for no stake or involvement in the club, would the board steadfastly have to stick to the approval process??
__________________
There must, for instance, be something very strange in a man who , if left alone in a room with a tea cosy, doesn't try it on.
Old 6th June 2019, 07.52:21   #5-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager
 
pagl's Avatar


(info 1 & 2)


(info)
 
Racecourse Spot: Techend
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Bryn Law puts forward 'Gate Approval Process' changes and NDA changes

Gets my vote
Old 6th June 2019, 07.56:27   #6-0 (permalink)
Squad Player
 
WAFCExile's Avatar


(info 1 & 2)


(info)
 
Racecourse Spot:
Real Name:





Default Re: Bryn Law puts forward 'Gate Approval Process' changes and NDA changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iesty View Post
out of interest, does this approval also apply to donations?

for example, if a lottery winner wanted to inject a £1m pot of money into the club (something that is not unfathomable), no questions asked and for no stake or involvement in the club, would the board steadfastly have to stick to the approval process??
No. Only ownership changes (either takeovers, or people wanting to purchase a part-stake).
Old 6th June 2019, 08.00:51   #7-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager
 
pagl's Avatar


(info 1 & 2)


(info)
 
Racecourse Spot: Techend
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Bryn Law puts forward 'Gate Approval Process' changes and NDA changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iesty View Post
out of interest, does this approval also apply to donations?

for example, if a lottery winner wanted to inject a £1m pot of money into the club (something that is not unfathomable), no questions asked and for no stake or involvement in the club, would the board steadfastly have to stick to the approval process??
Have you won?
Just checked my numbers, its not me

Donations can be made anytime. Personally I would make them to WST and they can invest as they see fit.
Old 6th June 2019, 08.05:17   #8-0 (permalink)
Moderator
 
Iesty's Avatar


(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Mold road towards the kop
Real Name: iestyn
Twitter: @iesty83





Default Re: Bryn Law puts forward 'Gate Approval Process' changes and NDA changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagl View Post
Have you won?
Just checked my numbers, its not me

Donations can be made anytime. Personally I would make them to WST and they can invest as they see fit.
its all part of my masterplan IF i ever do
__________________
There must, for instance, be something very strange in a man who , if left alone in a room with a tea cosy, doesn't try it on.
Old 6th June 2019, 08.09:39   #9-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager
 
Phils-an-alki's Avatar


(info 1 & 2)


(info)
 
Racecourse Spot:
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Bryn Law puts forward 'Gate Approval Process' changes and NDA changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagl View Post
Have you won?
Just checked my numbers, its not me

Donations can be made anytime. Personally I would make them to WST and they can invest as they see fit.
Personally from what we've seen them waste on players, I won't trust them with a penny. I'm surprised you would to be honest
__________________
Wrexham FC fan not a WST fan.
Old 6th June 2019, 08.11:19   #10-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Not Set Click To Change


(info 1 & 2)


(info)
 
Racecourse Spot: MRS
Real Name: Garry
Twitter: @





Default Re: Bryn Law puts forward 'Gate Approval Process' changes and NDA changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
Two sets of technical changes put forward by Bryn Law - the pair are to the bottom of https://wst.org.uk/wp/?page_id=503

He wants a penalty clause of £2k for breaking an NDA rather than £50,000, explaining it as "It is my contention that this figure has been set too high and that it actually discourages any approaches from those with serious investment intent as they regard such a figure as being excessive in comparison to other investment negotiations in which they have been involved."

The Gate process is worth a read fully, with the first two intro paragraphs below from him: "It is my proposal that The Gate Approval Process be amended to better encourage credible investment approaches. It is my contention that, as it exists, the process is overly punitive and, as such, is discouraging all potential investors from taking the process anywhere beyond the requirement to sign an NDA, particularly as the onus to
maintain confidentiality only falls on the investor, not on the Society Board.


"Furthermore, the fact the potential investor must then make a 5k payment to facilitate a second meeting and provide a business plan and proof of funding, but the Society board still has the right to end the process at this stage without disclosing the detail to the membership is unlikely to encourage credible investors to pursue the process to
this stage. There are good and bad investors out there, my contention is that whilst this process is rightly designed to discourage those whose intentions could be harmful, it’s actually too restrictive and is actually discouraging even those with positive intentions."


The Board advises against the first and 'strongly' advises against the second says it '...could lead to a repetition of the near farce which occurred when the previous owners were attempting to sell the club.'
Final paragraph gives the board advice...so my question is has the board met to discuss motions already?
And was it the full Wst board position ie was it unnanimous?
Closed Thread

Thread Tools



Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List



Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.


Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark



All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 13.43:27.
Powered by vBulletin® & Wrex the Dragons fiery breath

RedPassion.co.uk : World Famous in Wrexham



SEO by vBSEO 3.3.0 ©2009, Crawlability, Inc.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12