RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Jaaskelainen set to leave (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/114033-jaaskelainen-set-leave.html)

Rob 6th June 2019 08.05:57

Jaaskelainen set to leave

Article says manager confirmed he '...won't be on board when Wrexham kick-off a 12th season in non-league'

[url]https://www.leaderlive.co.uk/sport/wrexham_afc/latest/17688264.jussi-jaaskelainen-looks-set-to-leave-wrexham-afc-and-return-to-finland/[/url]

krux 6th June 2019 08.09:42

Re: Jaaskelainen set to leave

surveys must have come back ok.

pagl 6th June 2019 08.10:29

We knew this anyway.

More concerning are BF and CD roles.
Someone needs to clarify it.

LlayDragon 6th June 2019 08.11:02

No surprise, it's been rumoured on here for a while.

Hughes recons he's got a strong back-room team. It seems to me he's now got two one-day-week people.

Back of the Kop 6th June 2019 08.29:38

[QUOTE=LlayDragon;2264162]No surprise, it's been rumoured on here for a while.

Hughes recons he's got a strong back-room team. It seems to me he's now got two one-day-week people.[/QUOTE]

No assistant manager and no goalkeeping coach.Everyone else works when they feel like.

Yeah, really strong backroom that Bry.

Harris telling him to stick a positive spin on it.

#weareoneteam #ourspiritualhome

Completely fed up of the bullshit that comes out of Wrexham Football Club

#timeforchange

Bryn Tirion 6th June 2019 08.30:06

[QUOTE=LlayDragon;2264162]No surprise, it's been rumoured on here for a while.

Hughes recons he's got a strong back-room team. It seems to me he's now got two one-day-week people.[/QUOTE]

It’s about time we had some good news at this club. Something positive would be nice.

benwilliams 6th June 2019 08.30:42

With Jussi going and Flynn seemingly a peripheral figure Yozzer really needs some help. A Barrow type figure would be perfect

corwenred 6th June 2019 08.41:26

We need to recruit a full time assistant and a full time first team coach, Flynn's position needs clarification immediately.

Bryn Tirion 6th June 2019 08.44:32

[QUOTE=corwenred;2264183]We need to recruit a full time assistant and a full time first team coach, Flynn's position needs clarification immediately.[/QUOTE]

It’s unbelievable and totally unacceptable that we still don’t know what the feck is going on with Flynn. It makes me wonder what else is being kept from us.

chesterrobin 6th June 2019 08.44:39

What about Danny Coyne as Assistant Manager and goalkeeping coach?

pagl 6th June 2019 08.45:55

[QUOTE=benwilliams;2264173]With Jussi going and Flynn seemingly a peripheral figure Yozzer really needs some help. A Barrow type figure would be perfect[/QUOTE]

Prefer an assistant that can play. Ideally CM Keates type player.
Better use of budget.

Pieman 6th June 2019 08.47:14

[QUOTE=Rob;2264157]Article says manager confirmed he '...won't be on board when Wrexham kick-off a 12th season in non-league'

[url]https://www.leaderlive.co.uk/sport/wrexham_afc/latest/17688264.jussi-jaaskelainen-looks-set-to-leave-wrexham-afc-and-return-to-finland/[/url][/QUOTE]

Off to the slops no doubt

CRUMBS 6th June 2019 08.55:12

The timing might suggest Shrews got him lined up maybe , a sort of leave here then an offer from Ricketts arrives .

welshian 6th June 2019 08.59:43

We finally became the fully non league club we've been moving towards for the last few years. No better than any other in this league now.

Ooh aah Paskin 6th June 2019 09.22:47

[QUOTE=welshian;2264199]We finally became the fully non league club we've been moving towards for the last few years. No better than any other in this league now.[/QUOTE]

We were a fully non league club the moment we were relegated.

tokyored 6th June 2019 09.31:53

[QUOTE=CRUMBS;2264194]The timing might suggest Shrews got him lined up maybe , a sort of leave here then an offer from Ricketts arrives .[/QUOTE]

Back to Finland I've been told. Hasn't he got some kind of business there?

Wrexham's Patrick Bateman 6th June 2019 09.50:08

[QUOTE=pagl;2264189]Prefer an assistant that can play. Ideally CM Keates type player.
Better use of budget.[/QUOTE]

Is Pearson too young for this role yet...Would seem the kind of thing that would appeal to the Board..

Haruki 6th June 2019 09.54:03

When doing that interview, why wouldn't you ask about the Assistant manager's job at the same time?

Bryn Tirion 6th June 2019 09.56:27

[QUOTE=Haruki;2264236]When doing that interview, why wouldn't you ask about the Assistant manager's job at the same time?[/QUOTE]

It doesn’t read like an interview, more like a statement.

dixienormous 6th June 2019 11.25:03

What a mess...We really are a joke.

Bryn Tirion 6th June 2019 11.31:11

[QUOTE=dixienormous;2264308]What a mess...We really are a joke.[/QUOTE]

Dare I say it.........Tin Pot.

dixienormous 6th June 2019 11.35:29

Since we the fans took over the footballing side of things, the most important aspect of a football club, has been an utter disaster. The end of this current regime is near, I hope.

Wxm boy 6th June 2019 11.38:08

[QUOTE=dixienormous;2264320]Since we the fans took over the footballing side of things, the most important aspect of a football club, it's been an utter disaster. The end of this current regime is near, I hope.[/QUOTE]

But we have 'flames' in the tunnel...
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

chickenrun 6th June 2019 11.48:21

Hasn't it always been the case that he was leaving and heading back to Finland. It was just a matter of when
I know both boards seem to fck up a lot but they cant really be blamed for this can they

LlayDragon 6th June 2019 11.56:43

[QUOTE=chickenrun;2264330]Hasn't it always been the case that he was leaving and heading back to Finland. It was just a matter of when
I know both boards seem to fck up a lot but they cant really be blamed for this can they[/QUOTE]

I would hope they definitely know he's going, and when. That story is pretty woolly.

If he's going he needs replacing. If Flynn isn't here anymore he needs replacing (with someone who can support Hughes with more hours, run training sessions etc).

In the (very recent) past we've had rookie managers without all the backroom staff needed, but at least they were looking to recruit them. We've got a rookie manager with staff who might still be here or might be leaving before the season starts.

pricey 6th June 2019 11.58:59

Jussi is finnished.

Corner Flag 6th June 2019 13.09:24

[QUOTE=Back of the Kop;2264171]No assistant manager and no goalkeeping coach.Everyone else works when they feel like.

Yeah, really strong backroom that Bry.

Harris telling him to stick a positive spin on it.

#weareoneteam #ourspiritualhome

Completely fed up of the bullshit that comes out of Wrexham Football Club

#timeforchange[/QUOTE]

Managed decline ?

Alan Attack 6th June 2019 13.18:00

[QUOTE=dixienormous;2264320]Since we the fans took over the footballing side of things, the most important aspect of a football club, has been an utter disaster. The end of this current regime is near, I hope.[/QUOTE]

Can you explain this, please.

jacthelad 6th June 2019 13.19:43

Maybe wherever he is going he could take our goalkeeping training once a week via skype.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

Ooh aah Paskin 6th June 2019 13.22:19

[QUOTE=Alan Attack;2264380]Can you explain this, please.[/QUOTE]

I assume he means that since the trust took over, the footballing side has been poor. Which, to be fair, it pretty much has.

We have reached the play offs twice/three times and one/two of those was using the results of the previous regime.

Not exactly a glowing endorsement for fan ownership from a footballing point.

Alan Attack 6th June 2019 13.46:29

[QUOTE=Ooh aah Paskin;2264383]I assume he means that since the trust took over, the footballing side has been poor. Which, to be fair, it pretty much has.

We have reached the play offs twice/three times and one/two of those was using the results of the previous regime.

Not exactly a glowing endorsement for fan ownership from a footballing point.[/QUOTE]

It’s a crying shame the players from the previous regime couldn’t get us promoted too.

A private owner has failed miserably. If fan ownership is failing too the only option is to disband the club.

pagl 6th June 2019 13.51:05

[QUOTE=Alan Attack;2264392]It’s a crying shame the players from the previous regime couldn’t get us promoted too.

A private owner has failed miserably. If fan ownership is failing too the only option is to disband the club.[/QUOTE]

Fan ownership failing. A bit idiotic even for you.
Fans are saying its not enough to get us back in the league as funds are limited as is the experience we have at football board level.
Plus the WST are not growing the club, just treading water.

I worry were still well supported by the old guard but were dying off :)

Alan Attack 6th June 2019 14.24:29

[QUOTE=pagl;2264398]Fan ownership failing. A bit idiotic even for you.
Fans are saying its not enough to get us back in the league as funds are limited as is the experience we have at football board level.
Plus the WST are not growing the club, just treading water.

I worry were still well supported by the old guard but were dying off :)[/QUOTE]

My apologies. I thought the doom merchants like yourself thought fan ownership had failed because we're still in the conference. My mistake.

Todd Sweeney 6th June 2019 14.26:58

How do we know we don't have the funds? Does anyone know what our budget is for next season?

Ooh aah Paskin 6th June 2019 14.28:22

[QUOTE=Alan Attack;2264421]My apologies. I thought the doom merchants like yourself thought fan ownership had failed because we're still in the conference. My mistake.[/QUOTE]

IMO Fan ownership hasn't failed. Its just maybe not the best way to go. Maybe a hybrid model is something to consider, with the fans retaining the controlling share, with private individuals/organisations making up the rest, bringing in additional funds?

pagl 6th June 2019 14.33:08

[QUOTE=Alan Attack;2264421]My apologies. I thought the doom merchants like yourself thought fan ownership had failed because we're still in the conference. My mistake.[/QUOTE]

Doom merchant? I think I have actually predicted reality the majority of the time. Other than opinions that cannot be proved or even disproved then I think most of my words have come to roost.

Financially and recently support has been a great success and failure isn’t a word I think I use very often. Other than maybe to describe someone’s actions or inactions.

The points are about growth or continued improvement, fan ownership is restrictive as are funds.
Yes it is the reason we are still NL but equally it’s a very small select band of fans that have made the decisions.

We can only pass judgement on them :)

pagl 6th June 2019 14.33:55

[QUOTE=Todd Sweeney;2264423]How do we know we don't have the funds? Does anyone know what our budget is for next season?[/QUOTE]

Yeh. It’s part of transparency with the fans. :)

Ooh aah Paskin 6th June 2019 14.34:37

[QUOTE=pagl;2264429]Yeh. It’s part of transparency with the fans. :)[/QUOTE]

It will be "comparable to last season"

:D

dixienormous 6th June 2019 19.20:22

[QUOTE=Alan Attack;2264380]Can you explain this, please.[/QUOTE]

In very simple terms, we've been a shit football team during the last seven years, and fans are starting to see their arses.

Redpensioner 6th June 2019 19.33:13

It is a bit concerning to see the coaching situation as it is and if we don't get the quality signings we require by the end of the month, I will be concerned.

I haven't given up on Hughes just yet but the lad needs help, not on a part-time basis.
Chester is going for four training sections a week and they are part-time. Iv read their keeper is leaving because of his work commitments.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 11.39:39.