Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13th June 2019, 09.53:25   #82-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: KOP
Twitter: @

Default Re: Football club ownership model

Quote:
Originally Posted by krux View Post
I'm elements of 2 & 3. I can't see a return to the football league under WST ownership. However I'm definitely not just a member for free tickets and I'm absolutely definitely not up for personal criticism of Spencer Harris.
Agree personal attacks are not on.

The "pure" model seems to have resulted in a lot more focus on the ownership aspect than customer aspect. None of us know for sure if the polar opposite of the pure model would prove better or worse. What we do know is that no well-run business would have a cavalier attitude to its customers (fans).

The customer could care less his supplier has the best run staff canteen or back office in the UK if the product or service provided to them is sub-standard.

Being both an owner and a customer is unusual and arguably unnatural resulting in an unrealistic expectation of being able to directly effect change, with all the associated fall out that has resulted. The WST could have raised a lot of extra money if they had received a penny for the number of times RP posters have come out with "I'm an owner so I want / am entitled to...."

When a customer is not happy, they look to the owners (suppliers) not him or herself. They are not going to look to themselves in the pure model because as an individual they going to feel they have no more power in practical terms to effect change than under the polar opposite model? So they naturally look to the WST as they would any other owner.

Whilst the pure model is seen and pursued on the basis of "there is no other alternative" then it will always end up disappointing customers as clearly there are in reality other options which can be pursued at low risk in a step by step way to test the water as things progress.

I believe successful organizations embrace and use change to progress. Adoption of the pure model only WITHOUT BEING OPEN MINDED and PREPARED TO OBJECTIVELY CONSIDER ALTERNATIVES is illogical and certainly is not indicative of being a well-run organization.

If I could see some real effort and determination to properly address the very real concerns there are currently, I for one would be prepared to be a lot more patient as each step unfolds. Open consultation and fan soundings would be welcome I'm sure.

Let's see more drive and less drift.
Old 13th June 2019, 10.18:36   #83-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagl View Post
I wonder why 3,500 fans are WST members?
Each paying their £12, £15 or more in some cases.

Do we all feel owners or are we just trying to give that little bit to the club as a sense of long standing loyalty?

I wonder from ST sales how many are WST members? Do we know and if so how can we bring the others into the fold.

I think the membership issue requires a review to see what/how we can make it bigger and better.

The ownership model can then be reviewed to work with the membership.
I’m a member purely to support the club and to give a little financial help.
I certainly do not feel like an owner, and don’t buy into all that hollow ownership shit one little bit. To be honest, at the mo, after 40 years, I love the club to my core, but I don’t like what we have become at all. A bunch of in-fighting, bitter, self righteous, non trusting/trustworthy whinging perennial failiures!
There is no joy in this club any more, and now cue all the “go support someone else”, “don’t bother going” “f#ck off” type comments from the trust police.
The majority of fans don’t want a politicaly idealogical, social/community integrated organisation in association with far left clubs in far off places AND most fans are fed up to the back teeth of hearing “we’re lucky to have a club”!! thats ancient history.
They just want a decent afternoon/evening with their mates, a beer maybe, be entertained and have a bit of pride, and go home, they couldn’t give a shit about all the trust bolox. If the club continues on its current course numbers will drop, there could even be a backlash, then it could be in big trouble.
Old 13th June 2019, 10.20:36   #84-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Techend

Quote:
I'm elements of 2 & 3. I can't see a return to the football league under WST ownership. However I'm definitely not just a member for free tickets and I'm absolutely definitely not up for personal criticism of Spencer Harris.
Criticism has to go hand in hand with the position.
Personal abuse and insults are definitely unacceptable.
Old 13th June 2019, 10.45:48   #85-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Criticism has to go hand in hand with the position.
Personal abuse and insults are definitely unacceptable.
There is a fine line between personal criticism and personal abuse. Any criticism I have is for 'the board' as a collective.
Old 13th June 2019, 10.58:33   #86-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: ERS but missing the Kop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maccie View Post
I’m a member purely to support the club and to give a little financial help.
I certainly do not feel like an owner, and don’t buy into all that hollow ownership shit one little bit. To be honest, at the mo, after 40 years, I love the club to my core, but I don’t like what we have become at all. A bunch of in-fighting, bitter, self righteous, non trusting/trustworthy whinging perennial failiures!
There is no joy in this club any more, and now cue all the “go support someone else”, “don’t bother going” “f#ck off” type comments from the trust police.
The majority of fans don’t want a politicaly idealogical, social/community integrated organisation in association with far left clubs in far off places AND most fans are fed up to the back teeth of hearing “we’re lucky to have a club”!! thats ancient history.
They just want a decent afternoon/evening with their mates, a beer maybe, be entertained and have a bit of pride, and go home, they couldn’t give a shit about all the trust bolox. If the club continues on its current course numbers will drop, there could even be a backlash, then it could be in big trouble.

What a brilliant from the heart post I know lots fans who have stopped going who would identify with this post.
Posted via mobile theme
Old 13th June 2019, 11.03:33   #87-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Techend

Quote:
There is a fine line between personal criticism and personal abuse. Any criticism I have is for 'the board' as a collective.
I think its a clear line. Criticism is about decision making and perceived mistakes. Abuse clearly name calling and personal insults.

Easy really.
Old 13th June 2019, 11.15:43   #88-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

Racecourse Spot: Upper Yale stand, town end

Quote:
This for me too.
Old 13th June 2019, 11.23:35   #89-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: ERS but missing the Kop

Quote:

Agree no need for personal abuse, constructive argument and the board as a whole should take responsibility as Cameron said we are all in it together... In this case they... And if they like the accolades put themselves in the position they have to accept criticism as part and parcel of the job...put personal abuse no.
Posted via mobile theme
Old 13th June 2019, 11.24:14   #90-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
I think its a clear line. Criticism is about decision making and perceived mistakes. Abuse clearly name calling and personal insults.

Easy really.
thats not clear at all.

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 06.23:08.