Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 6th July 2019, 09.31:49   #181-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: none given
Twitter: @

Default Re: Season tickets now on sale!

Visiting support will boost attendances a bit too. Stockport should bring more than the 6 we lost last year combined. Chorley should bring a more thn Salford brought, Torquay are well supported if they're doing well, Notts County will bring a few hundred if they still exist, Yeovil and Woking I assume will be just more of the same.
Old 6th July 2019, 10.39:03   #182-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot:

Over the 2,000 mark on Season Tickets now, and we are open until 2pm this afternoon for more sales.
Old 6th July 2019, 10.50:36   #183-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagl View Post
Presented at the WST AGM
What's the projected loss for this season?
Old 6th July 2019, 11.01:23   #184-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Come on then. Who is it?
Feelings were running high in Jan. Losing 4 on the bounce really did cost us.
2 wins, consolidation of top spot, 2 quality improvements.
Just imagine

We should have tried to buy Tollitt.
With £200k burning a hole we could have tempted someone.
Macc were in disarray as were Gateshead and they had 1 or 2 players better than we did. Udoh at Telford or even Hulme from Alty would have been better than Stockton. Then buy Oswell who was injured.

Moyn. This isn’t negativity it’s a flavour of what might have been.
OK these players may not have come but there were better alternatives to the mess that occurred.
My personal take on January is that the club was desperately tried to stabilise after a traumatic 12 months. We made mistakes without doubt and so did other individuals involved not least of all grandpa decisive. The hiring of BH was a (another) gamble on a young manager which like it or not makes more sense to me than some tanned has been who will blow the budget then disappear. The appointment of Flynn made 100% sense to me.
I will not name names but suffice to say it wasn’t aimed at you and I don’t think it’s silly I think it’s true.
Just seems to me that each signing or sign of a green shoot of recovery is met with abject cynicism at best.
Old 6th July 2019, 11.03:04   #185-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Hays Travel Stand

Just renewed now.Had questioned it due to some of the 'retainees' ,the 143 mile round trip and pay cut pending.Hopefully couple more quality signings and more attacking approach for my show of faith.
Old 6th July 2019, 11.09:33   #186-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Presented at the WST AGM
Can't see anything in the WST minutes. Wouldn't this be in the WFC Budget?
Old 6th July 2019, 11.09:37   #187-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Edwards View Post
Just renewed now.Had questioned it due to some of the 'retainees' ,the 143 mile round trip and pay cut pending.Hopefully couple more quality signings and more attacking approach for my show of faith.
Respect
Old 6th July 2019, 11.10:55   #188-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Edwards View Post
Well done !
I don't think you were alone in questioning your faith - but we just keep on coming back don't we ? it's in your blood.
I am taking to Bryan Hughes too - at least he can see problems and seems to go out an address them covering problem positions or weaknesses - not forgetting he is a rookie so he will be learning fast on the job.
In contrast Morrell stood still for far too long, kept playing himself way beyond his shelf life and should have took a back seat and guided the ship - couldn't sign much unless they were his old playing mates.
We have at least made some big decisions, and changed the playing squad which was much needed - especially the final third.
Old 6th July 2019, 11.11:01   #189-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Techend

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarryOggy View Post
What's the projected loss for this season?
I think it was £100k from memory.
A few pints of Guinness has destroyed a few brain cells from the night.

I think it’s our regular amount as the WST can underwrite this from funds.
I think that’s why we always vote to invest £150,000 into the club each year.

Just to say the WST kindly presented the WAFC budgets on the night.
They didn’t have to do this but it was a nice gesture for those that do take an interest.

Last edited by pagl; 6th July 2019 at 11.14:51..
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 13.53:29.