RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Season tickets now on sale! (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/114052-season-tickets-now-sale.html)

moynkeepthefaith 9th July 2019 00.36:46

Re: Season tickets now on sale!

[QUOTE=138+NotOut;2272937]Loads are kids at £23 I reckon. Glorified crèche at Wrexham sometimes. I appreciate the sentiment but it's too cheap imo[/QUOTE]

So we shouldn’t help the young families who want to bring their children regularly? I think we have a few spare seats most Saturdays so filling them with youngsters makes total sense. We could do with a few in the moan road to lift the atmosphere.

aussiejackoinsaudi 9th July 2019 01.36:03

I remember being in the boys pen on corner of Tech end / Mold Rd January 1963 versus Liverpool in the snow. Not sure how long after that they closed it.

pagl 9th July 2019 01.48:47

[QUOTE=moynkeepthefaith;2272959]So we shouldn’t help the young families who want to bring their children regularly? I think we have a few spare seats most Saturdays so filling them with youngsters makes total sense. We could do with a few in the moan road to lift the atmosphere.[/QUOTE]

I would rather have more going on for the kids and youngsters.

Are we still doing the 5/6/7 a side at half time - would like to see this limited a bit so the fans watched just 3 games. Maybe 1 in front of each stand and it might be a bit more personal to each 1.

Penalty comps Tech End for charity.

What about school tickets - limit to 2/3 schools a game to keep it fresh.

Market the family tickets better and the MRS family section (maybe 2 adults and 3 kids £26, 3 for £29... ) to encourage more in. OK its a free one but might be 3 or 4 of them next game. Would like to see more price details on back page of leader on Thu/Fri/Sat.
Does Wrex do HT photo opportunities in that part of the ground?

How does catering look for kids. Fritas for a £1 is that a deal? :)
What about all the sweets? Although I will start buying them - Mars, Twix, choc bars, bags fruit pastilles, fruit gums, haribo - what do we sell and is it reasonably priced?

We need to take as much revenue as possible on a match day.
The £1 is lost if its not spent at the game, make the prices reasonable and fans will buy especially kids.

Also sort out 1 big kiosk under Tech end in place of Jonseys bar and position it at the back. Use kop barriers to make queue lanes and paint a stand behind line couple of foot from counter to make it orderly.
OH - Open on time not 5 mins after HT whistle as wasting selling time.

Haruki 9th July 2019 06.51:47

I would like to see us do more to make the matchday experience better for the young teens. Generally they go in the tech end so why not convert part of the space underneath into a burger bar or something similar

moynkeepthefaith 9th July 2019 06.54:09

[QUOTE=pagl;2272962]I would rather have more going on for the kids and youngsters.

Are we still doing the 5/6/7 a side at half time - would like to see this limited a bit so the fans watched just 3 games. Maybe 1 in front of each stand and it might be a bit more personal to each 1.

Penalty comps Tech End for charity.

What about school tickets - limit to 2/3 schools a game to keep it fresh.

Market the family tickets better and the MRS family section (maybe 2 adults and 3 kids £26, 3 for £29... ) to encourage more in. OK its a free one but might be 3 or 4 of them next game. Would like to see more price details on back page of leader on Thu/Fri/Sat.
Does Wrex do HT photo opportunities in that part of the ground?

How does catering look for kids. Fritas for a £1 is that a deal? :)
What about all the sweets? Although I will start buying them - Mars, Twix, choc bars, bags fruit pastilles, fruit gums, haribo - what do we sell and is it reasonably priced?

We need to take as much revenue as possible on a match day.
The £1 is lost if its not spent at the game, make the prices reasonable and fans will buy especially kids.

Also sort out 1 big kiosk under Tech end in place of Jonseys bar and position it at the back. Use kop barriers to make queue lanes and paint a stand behind line couple of foot from counter to make it orderly.
OH - Open on time not 5 mins after HT whistle as wasting selling time.[/QUOTE]

Fully agree with all of the above. The opportunities for a football club are very unique as we can offer cost free prizes such as warm up with the subs or as you say take a penalty which kids and adults would love.
Rather than making a cage for the kids perhaps we should have a miserable section where booing and slagging off of certain individuals 20 seconds into the game is encouraged ?

Junior Shabadoo 9th July 2019 07.53:41

Complaining about kids’ prices and/or behaviour is counter productive. At a young age they’re only going to focus so much on the game but you still involve them as part of it if they come - and unless they’re getting in your way while they’re mucking about it’s basically none of your business. Adult behaviour at games is worse than child behaviour. Plus back when I started going you sneaked into the cheap gate for as long as you got away with it. One alternative was you didn’t go and as the club has made its money back off the likes of me since I’d say cheap entry was a good investment.

I suspect the Big Red Survey of a few years back saw off anything extra for kids. They asked about the themed games and I filled it in saying it should be specifically child focused. Knowing football fans as I do I imagine the general feedback was from middle aged moaners saying they were crap, hence why there has been no such activity since.

moynkeepthefaith 9th July 2019 08.06:13

[QUOTE=Junior Shabadoo;2272981]Complaining about kids’ prices and/or behaviour is counter productive. At a young age they’re only going to focus so much on the game but you still involve them as part of it if they come - and unless they’re getting in your way while they’re mucking about it’s basically none of your business. Adult behaviour at games is worse than child behaviour. Plus back when I started going you sneaked into the cheap gate for as long as you got away with it. One alternative was you didn’t go and as the club has made its money back off the likes of me since I’d say cheap entry was a good investment.

I suspect the Big Red Survey of a few years back saw off anything extra for kids. They asked about the themed games and I filled it in saying it should be specifically child focused. Knowing football fans as I do I imagine the general feedback was from middle aged moaners saying they were crap, hence why there has been no such activity since.[/QUOTE]

Big shame they ignored your sensible request.
We should not underestimate the power of RP. When we get together to fund raise as with the shirt sponsorship its amazing what most are prepared to do. we should harness that in making representation to the club on a periodic basis. I would say rather in the form of 'ideas for improvement' than 'where are you going wrong' I suspect (and hope) it would be welcomed by the board(s)

flintshirefan 9th July 2019 08.08:09

My lad (age 5 ) as just got his season ticket £15 it’s his 2nd season coming up .... the club make so much more money out of it as he ends up with all 3 kits birthday/Christmas etc .. matchday he wants a programme a hotdog and chips .. costs me a fortune but I wouldn’t have it any other way so yes making the actual kids season tickets is very welcome from me ...

borntobered 9th July 2019 08.08:19

when I first took my lad to watch the reds, reserve games were held at the racecourse. Free for season ticket holders and £1 for kids. It was ideal because there was plenty of room for him to run around and play when he got bored. When he started to get an interest in the football, that's when I invested in his first season ticket. He's 29 now and a season ticket holder in his own right.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 09.45:42.