Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 9th July 2019, 00.36:46   #226-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info)

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: Season tickets now on sale!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 138+NotOut View Post
Loads are kids at £23 I reckon. Glorified crèche at Wrexham sometimes. I appreciate the sentiment but it's too cheap imo
So we shouldn’t help the young families who want to bring their children regularly? I think we have a few spare seats most Saturdays so filling them with youngsters makes total sense. We could do with a few in the moan road to lift the atmosphere.
Old 9th July 2019, 01.36:03   #227-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot:

I remember being in the boys pen on corner of Tech end / Mold Rd January 1963 versus Liverpool in the snow. Not sure how long after that they closed it.
Old 9th July 2019, 01.48:47   #228-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Techend

Quote:
Originally Posted by moynkeepthefaith View Post
So we shouldn’t help the young families who want to bring their children regularly? I think we have a few spare seats most Saturdays so filling them with youngsters makes total sense. We could do with a few in the moan road to lift the atmosphere.
I would rather have more going on for the kids and youngsters.

Are we still doing the 5/6/7 a side at half time - would like to see this limited a bit so the fans watched just 3 games. Maybe 1 in front of each stand and it might be a bit more personal to each 1.

Penalty comps Tech End for charity.

What about school tickets - limit to 2/3 schools a game to keep it fresh.

Market the family tickets better and the MRS family section (maybe 2 adults and 3 kids £26, 3 for £29... ) to encourage more in. OK its a free one but might be 3 or 4 of them next game. Would like to see more price details on back page of leader on Thu/Fri/Sat.
Does Wrex do HT photo opportunities in that part of the ground?

How does catering look for kids. Fritas for a £1 is that a deal?
What about all the sweets? Although I will start buying them - Mars, Twix, choc bars, bags fruit pastilles, fruit gums, haribo - what do we sell and is it reasonably priced?

We need to take as much revenue as possible on a match day.
The £1 is lost if its not spent at the game, make the prices reasonable and fans will buy especially kids.

Also sort out 1 big kiosk under Tech end in place of Jonseys bar and position it at the back. Use kop barriers to make queue lanes and paint a stand behind line couple of foot from counter to make it orderly.
OH - Open on time not 5 mins after HT whistle as wasting selling time.

Last edited by pagl; 9th July 2019 at 01.51:00..
Old 9th July 2019, 06.51:47   #229-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road

I would like to see us do more to make the matchday experience better for the young teens. Generally they go in the tech end so why not convert part of the space underneath into a burger bar or something similar
Old 9th July 2019, 06.54:09   #230-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagl View Post
I would rather have more going on for the kids and youngsters.

Are we still doing the 5/6/7 a side at half time - would like to see this limited a bit so the fans watched just 3 games. Maybe 1 in front of each stand and it might be a bit more personal to each 1.

Penalty comps Tech End for charity.

What about school tickets - limit to 2/3 schools a game to keep it fresh.

Market the family tickets better and the MRS family section (maybe 2 adults and 3 kids £26, 3 for £29... ) to encourage more in. OK its a free one but might be 3 or 4 of them next game. Would like to see more price details on back page of leader on Thu/Fri/Sat.
Does Wrex do HT photo opportunities in that part of the ground?

How does catering look for kids. Fritas for a £1 is that a deal?
What about all the sweets? Although I will start buying them - Mars, Twix, choc bars, bags fruit pastilles, fruit gums, haribo - what do we sell and is it reasonably priced?

We need to take as much revenue as possible on a match day.
The £1 is lost if its not spent at the game, make the prices reasonable and fans will buy especially kids.

Also sort out 1 big kiosk under Tech end in place of Jonseys bar and position it at the back. Use kop barriers to make queue lanes and paint a stand behind line couple of foot from counter to make it orderly.
OH - Open on time not 5 mins after HT whistle as wasting selling time.
Fully agree with all of the above. The opportunities for a football club are very unique as we can offer cost free prizes such as warm up with the subs or as you say take a penalty which kids and adults would love.
Rather than making a cage for the kids perhaps we should have a miserable section where booing and slagging off of certain individuals 20 seconds into the game is encouraged ?
Old 9th July 2019, 07.53:41   #231-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: none given

Complaining about kids’ prices and/or behaviour is counter productive. At a young age they’re only going to focus so much on the game but you still involve them as part of it if they come - and unless they’re getting in your way while they’re mucking about it’s basically none of your business. Adult behaviour at games is worse than child behaviour. Plus back when I started going you sneaked into the cheap gate for as long as you got away with it. One alternative was you didn’t go and as the club has made its money back off the likes of me since I’d say cheap entry was a good investment.

I suspect the Big Red Survey of a few years back saw off anything extra for kids. They asked about the themed games and I filled it in saying it should be specifically child focused. Knowing football fans as I do I imagine the general feedback was from middle aged moaners saying they were crap, hence why there has been no such activity since.

Last edited by Junior Shabadoo; 9th July 2019 at 07.55:28..
Old 9th July 2019, 08.06:13   #232-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Shabadoo View Post
Complaining about kids’ prices and/or behaviour is counter productive. At a young age they’re only going to focus so much on the game but you still involve them as part of it if they come - and unless they’re getting in your way while they’re mucking about it’s basically none of your business. Adult behaviour at games is worse than child behaviour. Plus back when I started going you sneaked into the cheap gate for as long as you got away with it. One alternative was you didn’t go and as the club has made its money back off the likes of me since I’d say cheap entry was a good investment.

I suspect the Big Red Survey of a few years back saw off anything extra for kids. They asked about the themed games and I filled it in saying it should be specifically child focused. Knowing football fans as I do I imagine the general feedback was from middle aged moaners saying they were crap, hence why there has been no such activity since.
Big shame they ignored your sensible request.
We should not underestimate the power of RP. When we get together to fund raise as with the shirt sponsorship its amazing what most are prepared to do. we should harness that in making representation to the club on a periodic basis. I would say rather in the form of 'ideas for improvement' than 'where are you going wrong' I suspect (and hope) it would be welcomed by the board(s)
Old 9th July 2019, 08.08:09   #233-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: pg

My lad (age 5 ) as just got his season ticket £15 it’s his 2nd season coming up .... the club make so much more money out of it as he ends up with all 3 kits birthday/Christmas etc .. matchday he wants a programme a hotdog and chips .. costs me a fortune but I wouldn’t have it any other way so yes making the actual kids season tickets is very welcome from me ...
Old 9th July 2019, 08.08:19   #234-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: MRS on the X half way

when I first took my lad to watch the reds, reserve games were held at the racecourse. Free for season ticket holders and £1 for kids. It was ideal because there was plenty of room for him to run around and play when he got bored. When he started to get an interest in the football, that's when I invested in his first season ticket. He's 29 now and a season ticket holder in his own right.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 02.28:39.