RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Opinions (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/114058-opinions.html)

WIRRALRED 11th June 2019 17.08:16

Opinions

Just wanted to get peoples opinions on English reds, what do people think of us, and why no matter how many home and away games we go to do some people never accept us?

Pieman 11th June 2019 17.13:29

Re: Opinions

[QUOTE=WIRRALRED;2266243]Just wanted to get peoples opinions on English reds, what do people think of us, and why no matter how many home and away games we go to do some people never accept us?[/QUOTE]

All reds acceptable to me regardless of where they are from.

Royal welsh red 11th June 2019 17.19:25

Don’t think it matters if you’re from the moon, as long as you support the team. You have a connection to this club, for whatever reason we all have one. Hardly glory hunters following the town. All our welcome.

eggjinderbrummiedragon 11th June 2019 17.19:25

Brummie Reds have never had any problems, oh apart from when my stag party went to the Lager Club in 2006, the less said abut that the better. I was livid!!:31:

René Higuita 11th June 2019 17.24:50

[QUOTE=eggjinderbrummiedragon;2266247]Brummie Reds have never had any problems, oh apart from when my stag party went to the Cent in 2006, the less said abut that the better. I was livid!!:31:[/QUOTE]

there is a brummie reds? why have i never heard of this

fezbob 11th June 2019 17.41:43

[QUOTE=WIRRALRED;2266243]Just wanted to get peoples opinions on English reds, what do people think of us, and why no matter how many home and away games we go to do some people never accept us?[/QUOTE]

You're not from round here, get over it.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

Foxy 11th June 2019 17.45:48

Acceptable to me. Would be great to have Portuguese Reds and Polish Reds too. Unfortunately we have a significant number of nationalist lunatics still stuck in their parochial trench.

John Neals Dynasty 11th June 2019 17.53:38

Where has this come from? Have you had grief of fans?

I couldn't care less is you were from Mars you support Wrexham that's what matters.

benwilliams 11th June 2019 18.01:37

I hear lots of different accents at the more southern away games and have never seen or could never imagine anyone having an issue with anyone.

I am from Wrexham but have pretty much lost whatever accent I had from living half my life outside the town and I’m sure there will be many like me.

louisleftboot 11th June 2019 18.06:59

[QUOTE=eggjinderbrummiedragon;2266247]Brummie Reds have never had any problems, oh apart from when my stag party went to the Lager Club in 2006, the less said abut that the better. I was livid!!:31:[/QUOTE]

This is a story that needs to be heard.

flynhater 11th June 2019 18.12:12

I cant believe you are saying that I get such a buzz out of seeing Wrexham fans from all over the Country, and all the lads I know feel just the same. If you’re a Wrexham Fan thats all that count’s keep it up :hurray::hurray::hurray::hurray::hurray::hurray:

Red Light 11th June 2019 18.16:54

[QUOTE=René Higuita;2266248]there is a brummie reds? why have i never heard of this[/QUOTE]

AKA 'The Peaker Blinders Reds'.

'Marching on together' don't you know.

eosceiriog 11th June 2019 18.22:34

Croeso cynnnes i bawb!!!

Only idiots disrespect fellow Wrexham fans. Sadly we do have our share but so do most clubs.

Keep coming and bring some friends next time.

Wirral Red 11th June 2019 19.00:53

Don't know if you mean based in England but with Welsh background , or English with no Welsh background. Noticed more reds boarding the Bidston train towards the end of last season particularly a group of youngsters getting on at Heswall quite regularly.
The more the merrier.

REDGOG 11th June 2019 19.09:07

I would guess that a large percentage of our fans are not from the town itself, the surrounding villages and the likes of Corwen Ruthin Shreds etc.

I used to travel to away games with a lad from the south coast in the 70s/80s.

All are welcome.

Alan Attack 11th June 2019 19.09:35

I used to know welsh blokes (and welsh speaking) who supported Chester.

Fraser01 11th June 2019 19.12:24

I was born in Chester! But saw the light...

Rhosymedre Red 11th June 2019 19.23:12

Yeah and we have all those Welsh lads playing for Wrexham......

Cymro 11th June 2019 19.35:35

I've never seen any criticism of English reds on here nor have I ever heard it at the ground. Examples?

Mr Wonderful 11th June 2019 19.49:11

[QUOTE=Fraser01;2266279]I was born in Chester! But saw the light...[/QUOTE]

Must have been our massive floodlights....:)

steveh 11th June 2019 19.52:13

Wrexham supporters are all good, why would your address make a difference?:)

Red Light 11th June 2019 20.00:49

Supporters come from almost anywhere - perhaps drawn back to the shrine or away from it by love, family or work.
Back in the late 90's we had a brother & sister Wayne & Nikki who went on holiday on the North Wales coast and happened to visit Wrexham - they had no connections with Wrexham but just visited us and then kept coming - driving up and back for our home matches from their home town of ..............Swindon.
Similarly a lad who used to travel down from Newcastle - all used to gather at the back of the kop.
Others follow in the steps of their father, some exiles live and work great distances from the town but, whilst they may find it difficult to attend home games on a regular basis will often support us at away games close to their home.
Everyone has their own personal story of why they support our club - it doesn't matter where your from, how tall or what colour you are - we all have one common purpose - supporting our team wherever they play.

RetiredMember021 11th June 2019 20.01:06

[QUOTE=Alan Attack;2266276]I used to know welsh blokes (and welsh speaking) who supported Chester.[/QUOTE]

I went to college with a Deeside lad who was a Welsh Nationalist, followed Wales home and Away. Yet he was Chester a season ticket holder.

He was also the best 5 aside keeper I've seen.

redron 11th June 2019 20.23:34

When i used to sell programmes in The Yale Stand about 15 years ago, a season ticket holder in there travelled by himself to every home game from London.

Red Light 11th June 2019 20.25:05

[QUOTE=Fozastuta;2266296]I went to college with a Deeside lad who was a Welsh Nationalist, followed Wales home and Away. Yet he was Chester a season ticket holder.

He was also the best 5 aside keeper I've seen.[/QUOTE]

A Welsh Nationalist that supported Chester - you heard it here first folks.
As a guess I would say his father originated from Chester and took him to games but he was brought up this side of the border.

Being close to the border there are lots of examples of fans living one side of the border and supporting the team the other side.

Always used to see a Leeds United supporters coach travelling through Deeside towards Elland Road - from Anglesey.

Nowt as strange as football folk ! Many on the outside of the game who don't participate just wouldn't understand it would they ?

marathonplny 11th June 2019 20.40:15

I live in Chester, but I’m red through and through

Is there a Chester reds supporter group - needs to be one

RetiredMember021 11th June 2019 20.57:44

[QUOTE=Red Light;2266302]A Welsh Nationalist that supported Chester - you heard it here first folks.
As a guess I would say his father originated from Chester and took him to games but he was brought up this side of the border.

Being close to the border there are lots of examples of fans living one side of the border and supporting the team the other side.

Always used to see a Leeds United supporters coach travelling through Deeside towards Elland Road - from Anglesey.

Nowt as strange as football folk ! Many on the outside of the game who don't participate just wouldn't understand it would they ?[/QUOTE]

The lad is from the Quay. I use to ask him how on earth can he sit amongst such hate filled arseholes and believe me, lads from the Lache and Blacon are obsessed with Wales and the Welsh.

You get a fair few Wrexham fans in Oswestry, but I class it as Welsh town.

Lets Av A Riot 11th June 2019 21.01:46

never seen or heard of anybody stating any such comments towards Non Welsh fans who support Wrexham ...

are you sure you aint imagining it and those comments you mention are just paranoia ?

fezbob 11th June 2019 21.08:07

I'm calling BS on the original poster.

WIRRALRED 11th June 2019 21.19:45

Its not BS as I have had no real incidents of mots I just wanted to get peoples opinions as I have seen some tweets etc. that portray an image but as people have said, all clubs have idiots

Colomiers Phoenix 11th June 2019 21.22:33

Must admit I think that Jeremy Corbyn is a complete tool, but can't recall seeing him anywhere near the Racecourse. Believe his wasing was hung out on the Kop though.

stevie focks 11th June 2019 22.06:50

Doesn’t matter where your from.We all support the same cause.

John Neals Dynasty 11th June 2019 22.09:06

[QUOTE=Alan Attack;2266276]I used to know welsh blokes (and welsh speaking) who supported Chester.[/QUOTE]

I know someone born in Anglesey who is a jester fan.

Wrexham's Patrick Bateman 11th June 2019 22.38:38

How can you tell if someone's English by just looking at them..???I've got an English Son and Daughter in Law...Three grandkids as well...Guess that makes them half English.... And they look just like us...In fact, one of them is the spit of me....

pagl 12th June 2019 01.30:17

Strange thread!
How are English fans not accepted? Do you carry a UJ with Wirral Reds on it?

Any Wxm fan is accepted in my eyes regardless. Just like welsh bin dippers make their choice.

Give you a big hug first game if you find me :)

Phils-an-alki 12th June 2019 08.24:47

Worst thread in a while.

oswestryred 12th June 2019 08.34:38

[QUOTE=Fozastuta;2266320]The lad is from the Quay. I use to ask him how on earth can he sit amongst such hate filled arseholes and believe me, lads from the Lache and Blacon are obsessed with Wales and the Welsh.

You get a fair few Wrexham fans in Oswestry, but I class it as Welsh town.[/QUOTE]

You certainly do sir!

Willywill 12th June 2019 09.01:49

As a Wrexham fan, I lived in Wrexham for 54 years, before I emigrated to Shropshire. I don’t see myself as any lesser of a Follower of the club.

Cymro 12th June 2019 10.05:29

Lived and worked in Blacon for ten years, with a WFC badge on my jeans. Never had a problem although I heard loads of anti Welsh "jokes". It's different at football or in the pub, then a form of tribalism comes in. Half of Chester have Welsh ancestry and half of Deeside are English so no wonder there is plenty of crossover.

Wrexham's Patrick Bateman 12th June 2019 10.54:16

Perhaps we should have watchtowers on Offa's Dyke.......Oops...Wouldn't Wrexham be in England then ?.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 11.06:19.