RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Trust board snippets (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/114064-trust-board-snippets.html)

Todd Sweeney 14th June 2019 06.42:37

Re: Trust board snippets

Looks like Barrow has a lot to answer for.

I don’t think the negativity/abuse on social media helps our club or makes us look attractive to current or potential players - many players know each other and will discuss what it is like at a club before signing.

Sadly it is the way of the world these days, won’t change, and is not unique to us. People will type all sorts of things on social media and forums that they would never say to someone’s face. Look at what Spencer Harris has to put up with.

Jaded 14th June 2019 06.44:54

[QUOTE=Todd Sweeney;2266902]Looks like Barrow has a lot to answer for.

I don’t think the negativity/abuse on social media helps our club or makes us look attractive to current or potential players - many players know each other and will discuss what it is like at a club before signing.

Sadly it is the way of the world these days, won’t change, and is not unique to us. People will type all sorts of things on social media and forums that they would never say to someone’s face. Look at what Spencer Harris has to put up with.[/QUOTE]

By this logic, surely all the players are going to be better off going to clubs with very few fans!

sparky 14th June 2019 06.50:25

I wonder what Saint Pete thinks of the latest fb post from the JCP which, even by their standards, is embarrassing. Actually, scrap that, I'm no longer bothered with his ranty opinions.

Foxy 14th June 2019 06.50:38

[QUOTE=Jaded;2266905]By this logic, surely all the players are going to be better off going to clubs with very few fans![/QUOTE]

I hear that players are refusing to sign for Real Madrid because the fans can be so negative.

Gaz Wxm 14th June 2019 06.55:57

[QUOTE=fezbob;2266900]It's particularly galling that he implies social media idiots are somehow exclusive to us when every club has them. Can't believe he's seriously suggesting players do social media research on supporters before signing.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

is it not a little naive to think that players would not do some sort of research on a club who are interested in signing them? .... couple of quick searches and viola ..... every club has social media idiots following them and trolls stirring up trouble when you look at other clubs at our current level and the league above we do seem to have more than most... I can't say whether this has affected signing players in the past but reviews on companies and places do affect my everyday choices so why not football players.

krux 14th June 2019 07.00:11

[QUOTE=Jaded;2266905]By this logic, surely all the players are going to be better off going to clubs with very few fans![/QUOTE]

And I thought it was Fylde's budget!

WrexhamO 14th June 2019 07.03:19

Is the 12th January "towards the end" of the month now?

We are clearly expected to pay up and shut up.

fezbob 14th June 2019 07.05:30

[QUOTE=Gaz Wxm;2266911]is it not a little naive to think that players would not do some sort of research on a club who are interested in signing them? .... couple of quick searches and viola ..... every club has social media idiots following them and trolls stirring up trouble when you look at other clubs at our current level and the league above we do seem to have more than most... I can't say whether this has affected signing players in the past but reviews on companies and places do affect my everyday choices so why not football players.[/QUOTE]

Social media flack comes with any job with a public profile. You either take it on the chin or block the idiot in question. I'd go as far as to suggest that if a player would snub us for the behaviour of a minority of numpties online then they're probably not the one for us anyway.

The cold hard truth of the matter is that some of those who are abusive also probably spend four figure sums in watching Wrexham over the course of the season. I'm not saying it makes their behaviour acceptable, but it demonstrates the complexity of the issue for a club which is very, very heavily reliant on fan income.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

CRUMBS 14th June 2019 07.10:36

Do they not think the relentless run of less than talented even talentless players they continue to employ at the club adds to the criticism every season , not to mention 12 years in this league .

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 12.03:14.