RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Trust board snippets (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/114064-trust-board-snippets.html)

CRUMBS 14th June 2019 07.16:37

Re: Trust board snippets

Anyway i go on the Deva and Shrews site and it's nooooo different i can tell you , ( just for titbits you know ).

Phils-an-alki 14th June 2019 07.40:10

[QUOTE=Gaz Wxm;2266911]is it not a little naive to think that players would not do some sort of research on a club who are interested in signing them? .... couple of quick searches and viola ..... every club has social media idiots following them and trolls stirring up trouble when you look at other clubs at our current level and the league above we do seem to have more than most... I can't say whether this has affected signing players in the past but reviews on companies and places do affect my everyday choices so why not football players.[/QUOTE]

No player would ever sign for Real Madrid then, because their fans are the most critical of them all.

Pete should maybe think about his own actions, and maybe sort himself out before launching into another rant. ;)

Phils-an-alki 14th June 2019 08.02:20

Still no hint of any humility or an apology from the board then. Arrogant beyond belief.

This is yet another PR disaster, when you turn on your own fans its the beginning of the end and smacks of being totally out of touch.
Its what happened with Moss and there's no way back.

RetiredMember021 14th June 2019 08.11:36

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2266921]Still no hint of any humility or an apology from the board then. Arrogant beyond belief.

This is yet another PR disaster, when you turn on your own fans its the beginning of the end and smacks of being totally out of touch.
Its what happened with Moss and there's no way back.[/QUOTE]

I have to agree. I want a Supporters run club to work, but by god they don't help themselves with statements like this. The board are "volunteers", yes and they deserve some gratitude for the time they put in, but there's owners out there who pump millions into clubs and get criticism beyond reason. It does stink at times of pay up and shut up.

Oldfan 14th June 2019 08.11:51

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2266921]Still no hint of any humility or an apology from the board then. Arrogant beyond belief.

Its what happened with Moss and there's no way back.[/QUOTE]

What a shocking, trite statement, comparing the WST with Moss. Having read a lot of social media recently it appears to me that there are certain fans who revel in causing arguments.

As for humility and apologies, perhaps they're waiting for people to do the same to them for the constant abuse they've had? What exactly should we be expecting? Mass resignations? Public whippings? It seems to me that, although we may be the same as other clubs, we have a very high number of keyboard warriors who although they want change, they don't know what to, or how to do it, just spout out vague ideas with no substance or structure.

I'm not defending what went wrong,just trying to see both sides of the story, which is seemingly what a certain set of posters on here don't want to do for whatever their own reasons.

wafc1926 14th June 2019 08.18:19

[QUOTE=sparky;2266907]I wonder what Saint Pete thinks of the latest fb post from the JCP which, even by their standards, is embarrassing. Actually, scrap that, I'm no longer bothered with his ranty opinions.[/QUOTE]
I assume you are referring to the nasty, bitter comments about Steve Cooper. Ex -Reds coach who always speaks well about his time at Wrexham and who has done very well for himself. Disappointing response from JCP.

Phils-an-alki 14th June 2019 08.26:15

[QUOTE=Oldfan;2266925]What a shocking, trite statement, comparing the WST with Moss. Having read a lot of social media recently it appears to me that there are certain fans who revel in causing arguments.

As for humility and apologies, perhaps they're waiting for people to do the same to them for the constant abuse they've had? What exactly should we be expecting? Mass resignations? Public whippings? It seems to me that, although we may be the same as other clubs, we have a very high number of keyboard warriors who although they want change, they don't know what to, or how to do it, just spout out vague ideas with no substance or structure.

I'm not defending what went wrong,just trying to see both sides of the story, which is seemingly what a certain set of posters on here don't want to do for whatever their own reasons.[/QUOTE]

Who's arguing? Reading your post and the antagonistic nature of it, its ironic you should say that. Calling others keyboard warriors and then you accuse other of trying to cause arguments. Laughable and a feeble attempt to get the reaction you desire.

Maybe you should read what I said about Moss again and try to understand it this time. The comparison is valid. That obviously hurts because its the truth. You turn on your own fans and you're done, the only question is when not if.

Pieman 14th June 2019 08.28:43

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2266919]No player would ever sign for Real Madrid then, because their fans are the most critical of them all.

Pete should maybe think about his own actions, and maybe sort himself out before launching into another rant. ;)[/QUOTE]

Its like pete sometimes invites people on to have a go back. He should keep negative thoughts to himself he doesnt help himself at times. Players and their agents arent interested in social media squabbles its all about decent contracts/pay something we sadly cannot match afc fylde and others

Oldfan 14th June 2019 08.29:02

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2266933]Who's arguing? Reading your post and the antagonistic nature of it, its ironic you should say that. Calling others keyboard warriors and then you accuse other of trying to cause arguments. Laughable and a feeble attempt to get the reaction you desire.

Maybe you should read what I said about Moss again and try to understand it this time. The comparison is valid. That obviously hurts because its the truth. You turn on your own fans and you're done, the only question it when not if.[/QUOTE]

Are you as angry about everything in real life as you are on here? You're a walking contradiction in your posts, accusing others of aggression yet you are the most aggressive poster on here?

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 12.21:54.