RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Trust board snippets (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/114064-trust-board-snippets.html)

Phils-an-alki 14th June 2019 10.55:53

Re: Trust board snippets

If the same mistakes are repeated for a third season in a row will they yet again be swept under the carpet and will we all be told to move on again by the same people saying that now?
Besides the board clearly haven't moved on from January or from the Hamilton & Moss era's. Maybe when they do everyone else will follow...

Funny_Old_Game 14th June 2019 10.59:04

Haruki is easily the best poster on this messageboard.

cardiffred 14th June 2019 10.59:15

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2267004]If the same mistakes are repeated for a third season in a row will they yet again be swept under the carpet and will we all be told to move on again by the same people saying that now?
Besides the board clearly haven't moved on from January or from the Hamilton & Moss era's. Maybe when they do everyone else will follow...[/QUOTE]

We can keep blaming other people but we're allowing them to sweep things under the carpet.

Phils-an-alki 14th June 2019 11.04:10

[QUOTE=cardiffred;2267008]We can keep blaming other people but we're allowing them to sweep things under the carpet.[/QUOTE]

I still don't see how we can change that. We can't vote for who we want on the club board for starters.

LlayDragon 14th June 2019 11.04:34

[QUOTE=cardiffred;2267003]Agree with most of what you've written. Barrow was a terrible appointment. I said it at the time. Mistakes have been made and people should be accountable. [B]Because we own the club, there are ways we can hold people accountable other than hiding behind this board with fake names.[/B] As I said elsewhere, i'm amazed, considering the strength of feeling of some on here, that there was no motion re. lack of faith in the football club board.

It's conjecture to say they panicked and appointed Barrow. They may have felt he was the best man for the job. If they did, then, as you've rightly said, we need to question what they've learned from the Andy Davies decision. Which frankly is what worries me most.

That said, regardless of poor decisions, personal abuse is not acceptable. Surely?![/QUOTE]

Are there?

Considering the way things are structured I'd say it's extremely difficult to hold anyone to account. We may be a fan owned club in name, but we have as much chance of holding anyone in power to as we did when we were privately owned. It could be argued we have less as there are no longer any smaller shareholders.

Not that the club/WST board see anything wrong that would require this though.

cardiffred 14th June 2019 11.10:03

[QUOTE=LlayDragon;2267010]Are there?

Considering the way things are structured I'd say it's extremely difficult to hold anyone to account. We may be a fan owned club in name, but we have as much chance of holding anyone in power to as we did when we were privately owned. It could be argued we have less as there are no longer any smaller shareholders.

Not that the club/WST board see anything wrong that would require this though.[/QUOTE]

Getting people on the WST board who agree with you is a start... how many people actually vote?

LlayDragon 14th June 2019 11.15:04

[QUOTE=cardiffred;2267014]Getting people on the WST board who agree with you is a start... how many people actually vote?[/QUOTE]

Not many.

It would be interesting if the proposal to allow campaigning on social media was passed, as this has the potential to massively change the make-up of the WST board and by extension the club board.

It won't be passed though, as the WST board oppose it. Being cynical it doesn't take a genius to work out why.

Haruki 14th June 2019 11.20:10

[QUOTE=LlayDragon;2267016]Not many.

It would be interesting if the proposal to allow campaigning on social media was passed, as this has the potential to massively change the make-up of the WST board and by extension the club board.

It won't be passed though, as the WST board oppose it. Being cynical it doesn't take a genius to work out why.[/QUOTE]

I actually voted against that one as i agree with the Trust board that we don't want a popularity contest, we want the best candidates.
The problem with the resolution process is you get black or white, you support the proposal in its entirety or stick to the status quo. There were 2 resolutions this time that brought that issue to me. With the campaigning one, I agree that there needs to be more information on candidates, what they stand for and what they want to achieve on the Trust board but i would want that in an official capacity giving equal air time to all not on a popularity social media campaigning so I had to oppose the resolution where as i don't actually oppose the thought process behind it.
Also with Bryn Law's amendment to the Gateway. I think £50k is too high and £2k is too low but they were the only two options to vote for

Quay Red 14th June 2019 11.24:05

[QUOTE=LlayDragon;2267016]Not many.

It won't be passed though, as the WST board oppose it. Being cynical it doesn't take a genius to work out why.[/QUOTE]

It's all very well being cynical and you may have a valid point but if the board is made up of the most popular facebook users, I dread to think of the mess the club would be in within 6 months.
Seems to me that the more responsible people leave facebook and twitter etc alone.
I believe that the only way is to organise hustings. Each candidate is given 5 minutes to outline his / her vision and attributes and can then be questioned.
Never easy to get 6 or 7 people in the room at the same time / date but got to be worth a try.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 23.58:06.