Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14th June 2019, 10.55:53   #55-0 (permalink)
-

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: Trust board snippets

If the same mistakes are repeated for a third season in a row will they yet again be swept under the carpet and will we all be told to move on again by the same people saying that now?
Besides the board clearly haven't moved on from January or from the Hamilton & Moss era's. Maybe when they do everyone else will follow...
Old 14th June 2019, 10.59:04   #56-0 (permalink)
Name A Stand After Me

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:

Haruki is easily the best poster on this messageboard.
Old 14th June 2019, 10.59:15   #57-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: ERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils-an-alki View Post
If the same mistakes are repeated for a third season in a row will they yet again be swept under the carpet and will we all be told to move on again by the same people saying that now?
Besides the board clearly haven't moved on from January or from the Hamilton & Moss era's. Maybe when they do everyone else will follow...
We can keep blaming other people but we're allowing them to sweep things under the carpet.
Old 14th June 2019, 11.04:10   #58-0 (permalink)
-

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardiffred View Post
We can keep blaming other people but we're allowing them to sweep things under the carpet.
I still don't see how we can change that. We can't vote for who we want on the club board for starters.
Old 14th June 2019, 11.04:34   #59-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Agree with most of what you've written. Barrow was a terrible appointment. I said it at the time. Mistakes have been made and people should be accountable. Because we own the club, there are ways we can hold people accountable other than hiding behind this board with fake names. As I said elsewhere, i'm amazed, considering the strength of feeling of some on here, that there was no motion re. lack of faith in the football club board.

It's conjecture to say they panicked and appointed Barrow. They may have felt he was the best man for the job. If they did, then, as you've rightly said, we need to question what they've learned from the Andy Davies decision. Which frankly is what worries me most.

That said, regardless of poor decisions, personal abuse is not acceptable. Surely?!
Are there?

Considering the way things are structured I'd say it's extremely difficult to hold anyone to account. We may be a fan owned club in name, but we have as much chance of holding anyone in power to as we did when we were privately owned. It could be argued we have less as there are no longer any smaller shareholders.

Not that the club/WST board see anything wrong that would require this though.
Old 14th June 2019, 11.10:03   #60-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: ERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by LlayDragon View Post
Are there?

Considering the way things are structured I'd say it's extremely difficult to hold anyone to account. We may be a fan owned club in name, but we have as much chance of holding anyone in power to as we did when we were privately owned. It could be argued we have less as there are no longer any smaller shareholders.

Not that the club/WST board see anything wrong that would require this though.
Getting people on the WST board who agree with you is a start... how many people actually vote?
Old 14th June 2019, 11.15:04   #61-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Getting people on the WST board who agree with you is a start... how many people actually vote?
Not many.

It would be interesting if the proposal to allow campaigning on social media was passed, as this has the potential to massively change the make-up of the WST board and by extension the club board.

It won't be passed though, as the WST board oppose it. Being cynical it doesn't take a genius to work out why.
Old 14th June 2019, 11.20:10   #62-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road

Quote:
Not many.

It would be interesting if the proposal to allow campaigning on social media was passed, as this has the potential to massively change the make-up of the WST board and by extension the club board.

It won't be passed though, as the WST board oppose it. Being cynical it doesn't take a genius to work out why.
I actually voted against that one as i agree with the Trust board that we don't want a popularity contest, we want the best candidates.
The problem with the resolution process is you get black or white, you support the proposal in its entirety or stick to the status quo. There were 2 resolutions this time that brought that issue to me. With the campaigning one, I agree that there needs to be more information on candidates, what they stand for and what they want to achieve on the Trust board but i would want that in an official capacity giving equal air time to all not on a popularity social media campaigning so I had to oppose the resolution where as i don't actually oppose the thought process behind it.
Also with Bryn Law's amendment to the Gateway. I think £50k is too high and £2k is too low but they were the only two options to vote for
Old 14th June 2019, 11.24:05   #63-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
Not many.

It's all very well being cynical and you may have a valid point but if the board is made up of the most popular facebook users, I dread to think of the mess the club would be in within 6 months.
Seems to me that the more responsible people leave facebook and twitter etc alone.
I believe that the only way is to organise hustings. Each candidate is given 5 minutes to outline his / her vision and attributes and can then be questioned.
Never easy to get 6 or 7 people in the room at the same time / date but got to be worth a try.

Last edited by Quay Red; 14th June 2019 at 11.25:20..
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 23.33:46.