Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14th June 2019, 10.37:00   #46-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road
Twitter: @

Default Re: Trust board snippets

Quote:
Originally Posted by wafc1926 View Post
I assume you are referring to the nasty, bitter comments about Steve Cooper. Ex -Reds coach who always speaks well about his time at Wrexham and who has done very well for himself. Disappointing response from JCP.
Agree with this, he could have been a great friend to us in offering loan players etc. But according to the Trust chairman's views he is unlikely to now deal with us as he received nasty comments on the Internet from fans
Old 14th June 2019, 10.37:09   #47-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardiffred View Post
Log onto twitter and see replies/mentions of Spencer Harris... there's plenty to see. I'm all for criticism where its warranted but a lot of it steps well over the line.

Some of the stuff that's written to players is also mental.
I dont do twitter.. surely anyone who is abusive can be blocked and if they have been abusive they should be named and shamed.
Of course Spencer could always come off twitter?
Old 14th June 2019, 10.42:31   #48-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

Racecourse Spot: Upper Yale stand, town end

Quote:
Originally Posted by wafc1926 View Post
I assume you are referring to the nasty, bitter comments about Steve Cooper. Ex -Reds coach who always speaks well about his time at Wrexham and who has done very well for himself. Disappointing response from JCP.
Any links? They're a bunch of total numpties at the best of times
Old 14th June 2019, 10.46:06   #49-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Techend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haruki View Post
Agree with this, he could have been a great friend to us in offering loan players etc. But according to the Trust chairman's views he is unlikely to now deal with us as he received nasty comments on the Internet from fans
Does anyone know what JCP or these nasty comments are?
I am sure bridges can be built. Football people are a hardy lot, they do understand there are plenty of idiots out there and I would be extremely surprised if it allowed it to affect professional decisions.
Old 14th June 2019, 10.48:16   #50-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: ERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
The problem is that we are not working towards the same goal. Some of us want the best for WFC, but for others the priority is either an ideology or their own power and status.
Here we go again... everyone wants the best for WFC. You just differ with others on how to achieve it.
Old 14th June 2019, 10.48:45   #51-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardiffred View Post
Yep it's mind boggling but I think they believe they didn't get anything wrong in January. I appreciate some on here think they are to be blamed for everything but its not as clear cut as that. If Pete Jones' version of events is to be believed (and I have no evidence to the contrary) they didn't force Barrow into changing his mind.

What's more galling is them holding information to release it at the time which benefits them the most and the spin that comes with it - ie why would you hold a meet the manager with Barrow when he was going.

There are ways of dealing with this as is rightly said and why we are able to vote people onto the trust board and bring in resolutions of our own. I'm amazed, considering the strength of feeling on here, that someone hasn't put forward a motion of no confidence in the football club board. Much easier to bleat on here though.
Even following Pete's version of events. Barrow was still a very poor decision. - He has a questionable managerial record
- He hadn't managed for over 10 years
- He had very recently intimated he didn't want the job. Despite changing his mind that should have rung alarm bells
- At the risk of being seen as "ageist" his age would have been an issue for me, an elder statesman doing what is a younger mans job
- He was currently our number 2, very rarely does the step up to the top job work as it is a different relationship with the players that cannot be switched on and off over night. Worrying Pete quotes the "continuity" argument which is the exact same wording used with the failed appointment of Davies just 6 months earlier. It seems the board learnt nothing

It is apparent that the board went after Big Den and he pulled out. At that point they panicked and appointed Barrow as the "easiest" option rather than keeping him in caretaker control and finding the right man. That decision was catastrophic in meaning we hired and fired Mike Newell and ended up with a man who didn't want to be here spending a £200k budget in a crucial transfer window. Pete can cloud this with "abuse of volunteers" all he likes but it was a disaster series of decision making from those in charge and we are yet to see any evidence that they acknowledge those mistakes and will learn from them going forwards.
Old 14th June 2019, 10.49:16   #52-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info 1 & 2)  

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Neals Dynasty View Post
Theirs a simple answer to all that the board publicly apologise to the fans show some humility instead of blaming the fans who voiced disapproval of mistakes made not once but 2 yrs running.
Posted via mobile theme
Can I have an apology from Moss so I can move on too?
Old 14th June 2019, 10.54:28   #53-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: MRS Near Kop end

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils-an-alki View Post
Still no hint of any humility or an apology from the board then. Arrogant beyond belief.

This is yet another PR disaster, when you turn on your own fans its the beginning of the end and smacks of being totally out of touch.
Its what happened with Moss and there's no way back.
There's one way back....Promotion.... And it needs to happen pretty soon..... The peasants are getting seriously fed up of this League..
Old 14th June 2019, 10.55:47   #54-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info 1 & 2)  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haruki View Post
Even following Pete's version of events. Barrow was still a very poor decision. - He has a questionable managerial record
- He hadn't managed for over 10 years
- He had very recently intimated he didn't want the job. Despite changing his mind that should have rung alarm bells
- At the risk of being seen as "ageist" his age would have been an issue for me, an elder statesman doing what is a younger mans job
- He was currently our number 2, very rarely does the step up to the top job work as it is a different relationship with the players that cannot be switched on and off over night. Worrying Pete quotes the "continuity" argument which is the exact same wording used with the failed appointment of Davies just 6 months earlier. It seems the board learnt nothing

It is apparent that the board went after Big Den and he pulled out. At that point they panicked and appointed Barrow as the "easiest" option rather than keeping him in caretaker control and finding the right man. That decision was catastrophic in meaning we hired and fired Mike Newell and ended up with a man who didn't want to be here spending a £200k budget in a crucial transfer window. Pete can cloud this with "abuse of volunteers" all he likes but it was a disaster series of decision making from those in charge and we are yet to see any evidence that they acknowledge those mistakes and will learn from them going forwards.
Agree with most of what you've written. Barrow was a terrible appointment. I said it at the time. Mistakes have been made and people should be accountable. Because we own the club, there are ways we can hold people accountable other than hiding behind this board with fake names. As I said elsewhere, i'm amazed, considering the strength of feeling of some on here, that there was no motion re. lack of faith in the football club board.

It's conjecture to say they panicked and appointed Barrow. They may have felt he was the best man for the job. If they did, then, as you've rightly said, we need to question what they've learned from the Andy Davies decision. Which frankly is what worries me most.

That said, regardless of poor decisions, personal abuse is not acceptable. Surely?!

Last edited by cardiffred; 14th June 2019 at 10.57:47..
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 20.18:30.