RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Trust board snippets (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/114064-trust-board-snippets.html)

fezbob 13th June 2019 22.48:20

Trust board snippets

Not sure if it's worthy of a few separate threads, but there's some interesting snippets in the latest board docs posted on the WST site:

'Last summer we had another successful concert with a full house for the Stereophonics, disappointingly we were not selected to host a concert for this summer despite the hard work put into trying to make this happen.'

'Negativity across social media is being noticed by the players. The board agreed on the need for comms support.'

'Manny Smith improving but no timescale on return yet'

'Discussions with FAW on Colliers Park continue'
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

Rob 13th June 2019 22.56:35

Re: Trust board snippets

Full PDF on [url]https://wst.org.uk/wp/?page_id=179#[/url] under "WST Accounts 2018"

Pete Jones statement interesting to read, gives some insight to the manager mess:
[I]
"Although Sam’s assistant Graham Barrow turned down the chance to join Ricketts, he initially stated that he did not wish to be considered to replace Sam, but wished to stay on. However, during the search for the new manager, Graham threw his hat in the ring and informed the Board that he wished to be considered for the role. Make no mistake, the decision to apply for the manager’s position was entirely that of Graham’s despite misleading comments on social media. Based on our good position in the table, the experience of Graham and his knowledge of the squad and how they work best, continuity was an important factor in appointing Graham as manager.

However, towards the end of January, Graham Barrow informed the Football Club Board that he wished to stand down for personal reasons. However, Graham agreed to lead the team during this period whilst the Football Club Board sought a new manager. They invited three applicants for interview from which Bryan Hughes was appointed."[/I]

Also...
[I]
"This brings me on to personal abuse that once again raised it’s ugly head. This abuse singled out Board members who work extremely hard in the best interests of Wrexham Football Club for no pay whatsoever. They are all fans of Wrexham AFC, just like you and me, disappointingly this abuse even extended to the family members of some Board members. It has not gone unnoticed that social media has been a huge tool in the growth over the past few seasons of our fan base, and we thank the Media team for the excellent work that they do on this, but having said that, abuse of individuals has grown with it, some of which is just down right disgusting. When I say individuals, I just don’t mean Board members, I’m talking about players and staff as well. Take both of these into consideration when the Football Club are trying to sign a new player; and have an individual with the skills required for the Board. Do they really want this abuse?

This really does have to stop. Yes, we are all entitled to an opinion, but there are ways of putting your opinion over without resorting to personal abuse."[/I]

fezbob 13th June 2019 23.08:38

I'm not saying abuse is acceptable in any shape or form, but does it really help the situation when the trust's chair launches yet another broadside at fans and doubles down against criticism of some iffy decisions in the last 12 months? I note that once again supporters are the number one source of income. I might be wrong but it feels like some of the board are quite happy for us to fork out £40 for a pre-season training top, but make non-abusive comments on Twitter about how things are run and you end up getting blocked.

JonWrexhamfc 13th June 2019 23.25:51

Why couldn't this simple statement regarding the Barrow situation have come out months ago? A complete lack of transparency and they wonder why they're getting flak.

pagl 14th June 2019 01.30:29

Its been said on another thread (rap of the week).

Personal abuse is NO way acceptable in any way, shape or form.
However criticism unfortunately goes with the territory. Fans need to sort out the difference.

Sadly Januarys events still sit badly with a lot of fans and for lots of reasons.
Unfortunately both boards think they have adequately explained the situation but without exposing a few home truths I dont think they ever will.

Social media is so powerful nowadays, people need a psychology course just to use it IMO.

‘Snippets’ show the need for better comms from both boards because at the moment it needs improvement.

Again thats all opinion, yes criticism but not abusive.

Foxy 14th June 2019 06.18:36

Saint Pete in full on rant mode again. This is going to be the next spin angle from the clique, that players won’t sign for us because of Red Passion. I have heard the same rubbish first hand from the Chairman of the Shropshire Reds.

However he is right in that the personal abuse is bad and unacceptable. Sadly though he should know the fate of Moss and others- ie if you hold back the club from progress and tell lies whilst you do it, the lunatic fringe will not restrain themselves.

pagl 14th June 2019 06.21:35

[QUOTE=Foxy;2266892]Saint Pete in full on rant mode again.[/QUOTE]

As Chairman his comms are non existent month on month, year on year. Apart from this.

He should have got a grip in January.

Jaded 14th June 2019 06.30:19

[QUOTE=fezbob;2266876]I'm not saying abuse is acceptable in any shape or form, but does it really help the situation when the trust's chair launches yet another broadside at fans and doubles down against criticism of some iffy decisions in the last 12 months? I note that once again supporters are the number one source of income. I might be wrong but it feels like some of the board are quite happy for us to fork out £40 for a pre-season training top, but make non-abusive comments on Twitter about how things are run and you end up getting blocked.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

Agree that this is dire. Definitely doesn't feel like certain board members want to hear any dissenting views.

fezbob 14th June 2019 06.38:33

It's particularly galling that he implies social media idiots are somehow exclusive to us when every club has them. Can't believe he's seriously suggesting players do social media research on supporters before signing.

Todd Sweeney 14th June 2019 06.42:37

Looks like Barrow has a lot to answer for.

I don’t think the negativity/abuse on social media helps our club or makes us look attractive to current or potential players - many players know each other and will discuss what it is like at a club before signing.

Sadly it is the way of the world these days, won’t change, and is not unique to us. People will type all sorts of things on social media and forums that they would never say to someone’s face. Look at what Spencer Harris has to put up with.

Jaded 14th June 2019 06.44:54

[QUOTE=Todd Sweeney;2266902]Looks like Barrow has a lot to answer for.

I don’t think the negativity/abuse on social media helps our club or makes us look attractive to current or potential players - many players know each other and will discuss what it is like at a club before signing.

Sadly it is the way of the world these days, won’t change, and is not unique to us. People will type all sorts of things on social media and forums that they would never say to someone’s face. Look at what Spencer Harris has to put up with.[/QUOTE]

By this logic, surely all the players are going to be better off going to clubs with very few fans!

sparky 14th June 2019 06.50:25

I wonder what Saint Pete thinks of the latest fb post from the JCP which, even by their standards, is embarrassing. Actually, scrap that, I'm no longer bothered with his ranty opinions.

Foxy 14th June 2019 06.50:38

[QUOTE=Jaded;2266905]By this logic, surely all the players are going to be better off going to clubs with very few fans![/QUOTE]

I hear that players are refusing to sign for Real Madrid because the fans can be so negative.

Gaz Wxm 14th June 2019 06.55:57

[QUOTE=fezbob;2266900]It's particularly galling that he implies social media idiots are somehow exclusive to us when every club has them. Can't believe he's seriously suggesting players do social media research on supporters before signing.

is it not a little naive to think that players would not do some sort of research on a club who are interested in signing them? .... couple of quick searches and viola ..... every club has social media idiots following them and trolls stirring up trouble when you look at other clubs at our current level and the league above we do seem to have more than most... I can't say whether this has affected signing players in the past but reviews on companies and places do affect my everyday choices so why not football players.

krux 14th June 2019 07.00:11

[QUOTE=Jaded;2266905]By this logic, surely all the players are going to be better off going to clubs with very few fans![/QUOTE]

And I thought it was Fylde's budget!

WrexhamO 14th June 2019 07.03:19

Is the 12th January "towards the end" of the month now?

We are clearly expected to pay up and shut up.

fezbob 14th June 2019 07.05:30

[QUOTE=Gaz Wxm;2266911]is it not a little naive to think that players would not do some sort of research on a club who are interested in signing them? .... couple of quick searches and viola ..... every club has social media idiots following them and trolls stirring up trouble when you look at other clubs at our current level and the league above we do seem to have more than most... I can't say whether this has affected signing players in the past but reviews on companies and places do affect my everyday choices so why not football players.[/QUOTE]

Social media flack comes with any job with a public profile. You either take it on the chin or block the idiot in question. I'd go as far as to suggest that if a player would snub us for the behaviour of a minority of numpties online then they're probably not the one for us anyway.

The cold hard truth of the matter is that some of those who are abusive also probably spend four figure sums in watching Wrexham over the course of the season. I'm not saying it makes their behaviour acceptable, but it demonstrates the complexity of the issue for a club which is very, very heavily reliant on fan income.

CRUMBS 14th June 2019 07.10:36

Do they not think the relentless run of less than talented even talentless players they continue to employ at the club adds to the criticism every season , not to mention 12 years in this league .

CRUMBS 14th June 2019 07.16:37

Anyway i go on the Deva and Shrews site and it's nooooo different i can tell you , ( just for titbits you know ).

Phils-an-alki 14th June 2019 07.40:10

[QUOTE=Gaz Wxm;2266911]is it not a little naive to think that players would not do some sort of research on a club who are interested in signing them? .... couple of quick searches and viola ..... every club has social media idiots following them and trolls stirring up trouble when you look at other clubs at our current level and the league above we do seem to have more than most... I can't say whether this has affected signing players in the past but reviews on companies and places do affect my everyday choices so why not football players.[/QUOTE]

No player would ever sign for Real Madrid then, because their fans are the most critical of them all.

Pete should maybe think about his own actions, and maybe sort himself out before launching into another rant. ;)

Phils-an-alki 14th June 2019 08.02:20

Still no hint of any humility or an apology from the board then. Arrogant beyond belief.

This is yet another PR disaster, when you turn on your own fans its the beginning of the end and smacks of being totally out of touch.
Its what happened with Moss and there's no way back.

RetiredMember021 14th June 2019 08.11:36

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2266921]Still no hint of any humility or an apology from the board then. Arrogant beyond belief.

This is yet another PR disaster, when you turn on your own fans its the beginning of the end and smacks of being totally out of touch.
Its what happened with Moss and there's no way back.[/QUOTE]

I have to agree. I want a Supporters run club to work, but by god they don't help themselves with statements like this. The board are "volunteers", yes and they deserve some gratitude for the time they put in, but there's owners out there who pump millions into clubs and get criticism beyond reason. It does stink at times of pay up and shut up.

Oldfan 14th June 2019 08.11:51

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2266921]Still no hint of any humility or an apology from the board then. Arrogant beyond belief.

What a shocking, trite statement, comparing the WST with Moss. Having read a lot of social media recently it appears to me that there are certain fans who revel in causing arguments.

As for humility and apologies, perhaps they're waiting for people to do the same to them for the constant abuse they've had? What exactly should we be expecting? Mass resignations? Public whippings? It seems to me that, although we may be the same as other clubs, we have a very high number of keyboard warriors who although they want change, they don't know what to, or how to do it, just spout out vague ideas with no substance or structure.

I'm not defending what went wrong,just trying to see both sides of the story, which is seemingly what a certain set of posters on here don't want to do for whatever their own reasons.

wafc1926 14th June 2019 08.18:19

[QUOTE=sparky;2266907]I wonder what Saint Pete thinks of the latest fb post from the JCP which, even by their standards, is embarrassing. Actually, scrap that, I'm no longer bothered with his ranty opinions.[/QUOTE]
I assume you are referring to the nasty, bitter comments about Steve Cooper. Ex -Reds coach who always speaks well about his time at Wrexham and who has done very well for himself. Disappointing response from JCP.

Phils-an-alki 14th June 2019 08.26:15

[QUOTE=Oldfan;2266925]What a shocking, trite statement, comparing the WST with Moss. Having read a lot of social media recently it appears to me that there are certain fans who revel in causing arguments.

As for humility and apologies, perhaps they're waiting for people to do the same to them for the constant abuse they've had? What exactly should we be expecting? Mass resignations? Public whippings? It seems to me that, although we may be the same as other clubs, we have a very high number of keyboard warriors who although they want change, they don't know what to, or how to do it, just spout out vague ideas with no substance or structure.

I'm not defending what went wrong,just trying to see both sides of the story, which is seemingly what a certain set of posters on here don't want to do for whatever their own reasons.[/QUOTE]

Who's arguing? Reading your post and the antagonistic nature of it, its ironic you should say that. Calling others keyboard warriors and then you accuse other of trying to cause arguments. Laughable and a feeble attempt to get the reaction you desire.

Maybe you should read what I said about Moss again and try to understand it this time. The comparison is valid. That obviously hurts because its the truth. You turn on your own fans and you're done, the only question is when not if.

Pieman 14th June 2019 08.28:43

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2266919]No player would ever sign for Real Madrid then, because their fans are the most critical of them all.

Pete should maybe think about his own actions, and maybe sort himself out before launching into another rant. ;)[/QUOTE]

Its like pete sometimes invites people on to have a go back. He should keep negative thoughts to himself he doesnt help himself at times. Players and their agents arent interested in social media squabbles its all about decent contracts/pay something we sadly cannot match afc fylde and others

Oldfan 14th June 2019 08.29:02

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2266933]Who's arguing? Reading your post and the antagonistic nature of it, its ironic you should say that. Calling others keyboard warriors and then you accuse other of trying to cause arguments. Laughable and a feeble attempt to get the reaction you desire.

Maybe you should read what I said about Moss again and try to understand it this time. The comparison is valid. That obviously hurts because its the truth. You turn on your own fans and you're done, the only question it when not if.[/QUOTE]

Are you as angry about everything in real life as you are on here? You're a walking contradiction in your posts, accusing others of aggression yet you are the most aggressive poster on here?

Mr Wonderful 14th June 2019 08.30:53

Name & Shame the dickheads who abuse board volunteers & their family.
It’s called bullying & these people were the type of kid we all knew in school, chopsy & full of it until confronted - then they all piss their pants!
(Abuse & criticism are not to be confused)

Phils-an-alki 14th June 2019 08.33:12

[QUOTE=Oldfan;2266935]Are you as angry about everything in real life as you are on here? You're a walking contradiction in your posts, accusing others of aggression yet you are the most aggressive poster on here?[/QUOTE]

That's it get personal because you don't agree. I haven't accused anyone of 'aggression', nice try though.

sparky 14th June 2019 08.43:31

[QUOTE=wafc1926;2266928]I assume you are referring to the nasty, bitter comments about Steve Cooper. Ex -Reds coach who always speaks well about his time at Wrexham and who has done very well for himself. Disappointing response from JCP.[/QUOTE]

Indeed.

I'm disgusted, although sadly not surprised by their comments. FFS, move on.

WrexhamO 14th June 2019 08.51:29

Interesting that Pete does not refer specifically to the Club Board witholding information from the WST Board, only that
"The Trust Board have since met and worked on a policy that all board members have agreed with and have now introduced that will hopefully avoid a repetition of this type of issue happening again. The Football Club Board have since agreed that they could have dealt with the situation differently."

Hightown Brymbo Red 14th June 2019 08.53:16

[QUOTE=Mr Wonderful;2266936]Name & Shame the dickheads who abuse board volunteers & their family.
It’s called bullying & these people were the type of kid we all knew in school, chopsy & full of it until confronted - then they all piss their pants!
(Abuse & criticism are not to be confused)[/QUOTE]

Yes would like to see some examples of this abuse..It could be that it is fans just disagreeing with board decision making rather than abuse

cardiffred 14th June 2019 09.07:53

[QUOTE=Hightown Brymbo Red;2266948]Yes would like to see some examples of this abuse..It could be that it is fans just disagreeing with board decision making rather than abuse[/QUOTE]

Log onto twitter and see replies/mentions of Spencer Harris... there's plenty to see. I'm all for criticism where its warranted but a lot of it steps well over the line.

Some of the stuff that's written to players is also mental.

cardiffred 14th June 2019 09.08:38

[QUOTE=sparky;2266942]Indeed.

I'm disgusted, although sadly not surprised by their comments. FFS, move on.[/QUOTE]

Agree we need to move on. We also need to move on from what happened in January too...

LWR 14th June 2019 09.15:19

Agreed.

Zero culpability. Zero humility.

And they wonder why fans are pissed off.

Wholeheartedly agree that some fans take that way too far. And personal attacks especially on family members is way out of line.

But it does seem that they only people to blame for all of this... is the fans.

cardiffred 14th June 2019 09.24:34

[QUOTE=LWR;2266961]Agreed.

Zero culpability. Zero humility.

And they wonder why fans are pissed off.

Wholeheartedly agree that some fans take that way too far. And personal attacks especially on family members is way out of line.

But it does seem that they only people to blame for all of this... is the fans.[/QUOTE]

Yep it's mind boggling but I think they believe they didn't get anything wrong in January. I appreciate some on here think they are to be blamed for everything but its not as clear cut as that. If Pete Jones' version of events is to be believed (and I have no evidence to the contrary) they didn't force Barrow into changing his mind.

What's more galling is them holding information to release it at the time which benefits them the most and the spin that comes with it - ie why would you hold a meet the manager with Barrow when he was going.

There are ways of dealing with this as is rightly said and why we are able to vote people onto the trust board and bring in resolutions of our own. I'm amazed, considering the strength of feeling on here, that someone hasn't put forward a motion of no confidence in the football club board. Much easier to bleat on here though.

John Neals Dynasty 14th June 2019 09.31:41

[QUOTE=cardiffred;2266954]Agree we need to move on. We also need to move on from what happened in January too...[/QUOTE]

True we need to move on but their is quite a few on RP alone who haven't and cannot move on from Hamilton and Moss and unless that happens this club will never progress and keep on drifting aimlessly along.

Jaded 14th June 2019 09.36:51

[QUOTE=cardiffred;2266965]Yep it's mind boggling but I think they believe they didn't get anything wrong in January. I appreciate some on here think they are to be blamed for everything but its not as clear cut as that. If Pete Jones' version of events is to be believed (and I have no evidence to the contrary) they didn't force Barrow into changing his mind.

[b]What's more galling is them holding information to release it at the time which benefits them the most and the spin that comes with it - ie why would you hold a meet the manager with Barrow when he was going. [/b]

There are ways of dealing with this as is rightly said and why we are able to vote people onto the trust board and bring in resolutions of our own. I'm amazed, considering the strength of feeling on here, that someone hasn't put forward a motion of no confidence in the football club board. Much easier to bleat on here though.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I think this is the biggest issue.

cardiffred 14th June 2019 09.47:56

[QUOTE=John Neals Dynasty;2266968]True we need to move on but their is quite a few on RP alone who haven't and cannot move on from Hamilton and Moss and unless that happens this club will never progress and keep on drifting aimlessly along.

And there are those who need to move on from their the board is to blame for every ill in January stance too.

Without both sides doing that - it'll just remain fractured.

LWR 14th June 2019 09.55:17

[QUOTE=cardiffred;2266972]And there are those who need to move on from their the board is to blame for every ill in January stance too.

Without both sides doing that - it'll just remain fractured.[/QUOTE]

It's either black or white.

No shades of grey.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 19.17:55.