Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13th June 2019, 22.48:20   #1-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Mold Road Stand
Twitter: @

Default Trust board snippets

Not sure if it's worthy of a few separate threads, but there's some interesting snippets in the latest board docs posted on the WST site:

'Last summer we had another successful concert with a full house for the Stereophonics, disappointingly we were not selected to host a concert for this summer despite the hard work put into trying to make this happen.'

'Negativity across social media is being noticed by the players. The board agreed on the need for comms support.'

'Manny Smith improving but no timescale on return yet'

'Discussions with FAW on Colliers Park continue'
Posted via mobile theme
Old 13th June 2019, 22.56:35   #2-0 (permalink)
Rob
Due a Testimonial

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand

Default Re: Trust board snippets

Full PDF on https://wst.org.uk/wp/?page_id=179# under "WST Accounts 2018"

Pete Jones statement interesting to read, gives some insight to the manager mess:

"Although Sam’s assistant Graham Barrow turned down the chance to join Ricketts, he initially stated that he did not wish to be considered to replace Sam, but wished to stay on. However, during the search for the new manager, Graham threw his hat in the ring and informed the Board that he wished to be considered for the role. Make no mistake, the decision to apply for the manager’s position was entirely that of Graham’s despite misleading comments on social media. Based on our good position in the table, the experience of Graham and his knowledge of the squad and how they work best, continuity was an important factor in appointing Graham as manager.

However, towards the end of January, Graham Barrow informed the Football Club Board that he wished to stand down for personal reasons. However, Graham agreed to lead the team during this period whilst the Football Club Board sought a new manager. They invited three applicants for interview from which Bryan Hughes was appointed."

Also...

"This brings me on to personal abuse that once again raised it’s ugly head. This abuse singled out Board members who work extremely hard in the best interests of Wrexham Football Club for no pay whatsoever. They are all fans of Wrexham AFC, just like you and me, disappointingly this abuse even extended to the family members of some Board members. It has not gone unnoticed that social media has been a huge tool in the growth over the past few seasons of our fan base, and we thank the Media team for the excellent work that they do on this, but having said that, abuse of individuals has grown with it, some of which is just down right disgusting. When I say individuals, I just don’t mean Board members, I’m talking about players and staff as well. Take both of these into consideration when the Football Club are trying to sign a new player; and have an individual with the skills required for the Board. Do they really want this abuse?

This really does have to stop. Yes, we are all entitled to an opinion, but there are ways of putting your opinion over without resorting to personal abuse."
Old 13th June 2019, 23.08:38   #3-0 (permalink)

(info 1 & 2)  

I'm not saying abuse is acceptable in any shape or form, but does it really help the situation when the trust's chair launches yet another broadside at fans and doubles down against criticism of some iffy decisions in the last 12 months? I note that once again supporters are the number one source of income. I might be wrong but it feels like some of the board are quite happy for us to fork out £40 for a pre-season training top, but make non-abusive comments on Twitter about how things are run and you end up getting blocked.
Posted via mobile theme
Old 13th June 2019, 23.25:51   #4-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Yale

Why couldn't this simple statement regarding the Barrow situation have come out months ago? A complete lack of transparency and they wonder why they're getting flak.
Old 14th June 2019, 01.30:29   #5-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Techend

Its been said on another thread (rap of the week).

Personal abuse is NO way acceptable in any way, shape or form.
However criticism unfortunately goes with the territory. Fans need to sort out the difference.

Sadly Januarys events still sit badly with a lot of fans and for lots of reasons.
Unfortunately both boards think they have adequately explained the situation but without exposing a few home truths I dont think they ever will.

Social media is so powerful nowadays, people need a psychology course just to use it IMO.

‘Snippets’ show the need for better comms from both boards because at the moment it needs improvement.

Again thats all opinion, yes criticism but not abusive.
Old 14th June 2019, 06.18:36   #6-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: none given

Saint Pete in full on rant mode again. This is going to be the next spin angle from the clique, that players won’t sign for us because of Red Passion. I have heard the same rubbish first hand from the Chairman of the Shropshire Reds.

However he is right in that the personal abuse is bad and unacceptable. Sadly though he should know the fate of Moss and others- ie if you hold back the club from progress and tell lies whilst you do it, the lunatic fringe will not restrain themselves.
Old 14th June 2019, 06.21:35   #7-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Techend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
Saint Pete in full on rant mode again.
As Chairman his comms are non existent month on month, year on year. Apart from this.

He should have got a grip in January.
Old 14th June 2019, 06.30:19   #8-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fezbob View Post
I'm not saying abuse is acceptable in any shape or form, but does it really help the situation when the trust's chair launches yet another broadside at fans and doubles down against criticism of some iffy decisions in the last 12 months? I note that once again supporters are the number one source of income. I might be wrong but it feels like some of the board are quite happy for us to fork out £40 for a pre-season training top, but make non-abusive comments on Twitter about how things are run and you end up getting blocked.
Posted via mobile theme
Agree that this is dire. Definitely doesn't feel like certain board members want to hear any dissenting views.
Old 14th June 2019, 06.38:33   #9-0 (permalink)

(info 1 & 2)  

It's particularly galling that he implies social media idiots are somehow exclusive to us when every club has them. Can't believe he's seriously suggesting players do social media research on supporters before signing.
Posted via mobile theme
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 02.22:21.