RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Summerfield Re-signs (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/114066-summerfield-re-signs.html)

Lods 14th June 2019 14.08:27

Re: Summerfield Re-signs

[QUOTE=billybersham;2267074]Why change a system that gave us our best season for six years:hurray::hurray::hurray::hurray::hurray::hurray::hurray:[/QUOTE]

I like Summerfield but there is still need for change. Deverdics out and Redmond in seems like about as big an upgrade as you can get at this level.

fezbob 14th June 2019 14.11:24

Putting the debate about Summerfield's abilities aside for one second, I'm a bit concerned that the amount of available spaces in the team is reducing and it might only leave a small number available for fresh faces. If Hughes wants to change the system, as he appears to be suggesting he wants to, then it leaves little wiggle room for mistakes with the new signings. You can't turn an ultra defensive team into a functional attacking one by changing a handful of players.

John Neals Dynasty 14th June 2019 14.11:28

First half of the season he was our best midfielder along with Walker when he signed, only downside with him was his fitness to last 90mins.

Then he started getting injuries unlucky and unfortunately towards the business end of the season, and also a period of loss of form.

I happy with his re-signing as long as he isnt injury prone and can get 100% fit in pre-season. He's twice the player Wright is (many apologies Akil if reading this, also I don't want to hurt possible signings fragile sensitive feelings St P)
Let's hope Bryan intends to use the midfield this season.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

pagl 14th June 2019 14.25:57

[QUOTE=marathonplny;2267110]Good signing
Midfield looking solid, with some creativity added

Need a winger and CF[/QUOTE]

Midfield looks kind of the same though. DM to replace Walker is now the key.

Colonel D 14th June 2019 14.54:36

Happy with this provided he stays fit.
Did look a class above in first half of season.

Bigmike 14th June 2019 15.02:40

My only concern was his fitness ie is he carrying a problem that is not going to get better. It would appear the medics are happy therefore so am I because I think he is a good player. All about opinions.

Prodigal Dragon 14th June 2019 15.38:30

Glad he has recovered from his injuries but, like many, he has a lot to prove if we are to make the necessary improvement to win promotion.

moynkeepthefaith 14th June 2019 16.44:23

[QUOTE=John Neals Dynasty;2267115]First half of the season he was our best midfielder along with Walker when he signed, only downside with him was his fitness to last 90mins.

Then he started getting injuries unlucky and unfortunately towards the business end of the season, and also a period of loss of form.

I happy with his re-signing as long as he isnt injury prone and can get 100% fit in pre-season. He's twice the player Wright is (many apologies Akil if reading this, also I don't want to hurt possible signings fragile sensitive feelings St P)
Let's hope Bryan intends to use the midfield this season.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

Bob on for me.

Oldfan 14th June 2019 17.04:20

i think a midfield 3 of Redmond, Summerfield and Young will be formidable, maybe with Wright sitting in behind in front of a back 4, with Macintosh and a new big pacey forward up front. We'd also have a strong bench in my opinion. Just need a RB and that big forward!

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 13.51:37.