Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham



Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17th June 2019, 12.12:55   #31-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: none given
Real Name: rw
Twitter: @





Default Re: New signing report

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back of the Kop View Post
At this level I think 442 or 433 are the sensible options.

For me the defence is our massive strong point.....you don't go screwing with that if you're BH.....unless you want the sack that is.

We are 4 players away from a title challenge again.

Pacy RB who can defend a bit, defensive midfielder who can control a ball and pick a pass, pacy winger who can beat a man and get a cross in and the all important striker who finishes off the donkey work.

Lainton

New RB
Lawlor
Pearson
Jennings

New DM
Young/Summerfield
Redmond

New winger
New striker
Oswell/Fondop/Macintosh
This is pretty much how i see it too
Old 17th June 2019, 12.44:08   #32-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit
 
John Neals Dynasty's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot: ERS but missing the Kop
Real Name: none given
Twitter: @





Default Re: New signing report

We can talk about formations on here all day. But personally I don't see any change from last season.
Posted via mobile theme
Old 17th June 2019, 12.48:55   #33-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot:
Real Name: billy from bersham
Twitter: @





Default Re: New signing report

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back of the Kop View Post
At this level I think 442 or 433 are the sensible options.

For me the defence is our massive strong point.....you don't go screwing with that if you're BH.....unless you want the sack that is.

We are 4 players away from a title challenge again.

Pacy RB who can defend a bit, defensive midfielder who can control a ball and pick a pass, pacy winger who can beat a man and get a cross in and the all important striker who finishes off the donkey work.

Lainton

New RB
Lawlor
Pearson
Jennings

New DM
Young/Summerfield
Redmond

New winger
New striker
Oswell/Fondop/Macintosh

Never strong enough with Young and Summerfield in midfield,crying out for someone to take control and direct our midfield.
Old 17th June 2019, 12.58:16   #34-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: none given
Real Name: none given
Twitter: @





Default Re: New signing report

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybersham View Post
Never strong enough with Young and Summerfield in midfield,crying out for someone to take control and direct our midfield.
Difference of opinion with that i think. I thought Summerfield was one of our best players until he got injured and then from January onwards Young got countless mom awards and was consistently one of our best performers. I'd quite happily have Summerfield, Young and Redmond as a midfield 3. Sacrificing a player like Brad Walker for a more attack minded in Redmond should give us a lot more going forward, whilst still being good defensively.
Old 17th June 2019, 14.07:12   #35-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: MRS
Real Name: none given
Twitter: @





Default Re: New signing report

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybersham View Post
Never strong enough with Young and Summerfield in midfield,crying out for someone to take control and direct our midfield.
Just out of interest how many matches did they play together.
Old 17th June 2019, 17.15:18   #36-0 (permalink)
Legend
 
WREX01's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot:
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: New signing report

Hall-Johnson joins Northampton, would’ve been perfect for us.
Posted via mobile theme
Old 17th June 2019, 17.19:24   #37-0 (permalink)
Legend
 
Back of the Kop's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot: none given
Real Name: none given
Twitter: @





Default Re: New signing report

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybersham View Post
Never strong enough with Young and Summerfield in midfield,crying out for someone to take control and direct our midfield.
I reckon that's why I've put a / between their names as it's either or but not together.

They proved a number of times last season that they are too weak as a centre mid two.
Old 17th June 2019, 17.21:01   #38-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: none given
Real Name: none given
Twitter: @





Default Re: New signing report

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back of the Kop View Post
I reckon that's why I've put a / between their names as it's either or but not together.

They proved a number of times last season that they are too weak as a centre mid two.
Did they ever play as a midfield two?
Old 17th June 2019, 17.22:53   #39-0 (permalink)
Legend
 
Back of the Kop's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot: none given
Real Name: none given
Twitter: @





Default Re: New signing report

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom wafc View Post
Difference of opinion with that i think. I thought Summerfield was one of our best players until he got injured and then from January onwards Young got countless mom awards and was consistently one of our best performers. I'd quite happily have Summerfield, Young and Redmond as a midfield 3. Sacrificing a player like Brad Walker for a more attack minded in Redmond should give us a lot more going forward, whilst still being good defensively.
Disagree completely.We get overrun with Summers and Young.One or the other with a solid defensive centre mid (Walker role) and Redmond free to make runs forward
Old 17th June 2019, 17.24:19   #40-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit
 
John Neals Dynasty's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot: ERS but missing the Kop
Real Name: none given
Twitter: @





Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WREX01 View Post
Hall-Johnson joins Northampton, would’ve been perfect for us.
Posted via mobile theme

We are not going to compete with a league club for players.
Posted via mobile theme
Closed Thread

Thread Tools



Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List



Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.


Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark



All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 13.17:06.
Powered by vBulletin® & Wrex the Dragons fiery breath

RedPassion.co.uk : World Famous in Wrexham



SEO by vBSEO 3.3.0 ©2009, Crawlability, Inc.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12