RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Suggestion on transfer rumours thread (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/114074-suggestion-transfer-rumours-thread.html)

The Method Maws 17th June 2019 08.48:17

Suggestion on transfer rumours thread

For me the 'Transfer Rumors' Thread doesn't work.

You have to trawl through page after page of discussion to find any actual rumours.

Other boards have a new thread per rumour which I think better. It could even have its own forum.

What do you think? Should we put it to the vote?

Hopefully this thread doesn't descend into a discussion about The Board, Rutherford, Assistant Managers, January etc

Iesty 17th June 2019 08.54:14

Re: Suggestion on transfer rumours thread

the one football forum has a rumours and confirmed signings thread, albeit that is for all non league teams

having one thread does keep the forum tidy, but the actual rumours are few and far between

Phils-an-alki 17th June 2019 08.55:38

Board out.
Rutherford works hard in B&Q.
Assistant manager are we get one in.
January 2019 - When the circus came to town.
Etc.

basdragon 17th June 2019 13.53:28

[QUOTE=Iesty;2267576]the one football forum has a rumours and confirmed signings thread, albeit that is for all non league teams

having one thread does keep the forum tidy, but the actual rumours are few and far between[/QUOTE]

Exactly but that's why I feel its a good idea. I don't want to trawl through pages of the same old "the board are shite" "he's shite, they're shite " nonsense.

I'd much rather go straight to an actual rumour:huh2:

welshian 17th June 2019 13.55:41

it doesnt work because there are f.all rumours to talk about. It's dead out there..

RetiredMember021 17th June 2019 13.59:45

[QUOTE=welshian;2267670]it doesnt work because there are f.all rumours to talk about. It's dead out there..[/QUOTE]

I was about to write something similar. The transfer thread is a perfect representation of our transfer policy, nothing to see.

pagl 17th June 2019 14.00:44

[QUOTE=basdragon;2267669]Exactly but that's why I feel its a good idea. I don't want to trawl through pages of the same old "the board are shite" "he's shite, they're shite " nonsense.

I'd much rather go straight to an actual rumour:huh2:[/QUOTE]

The problem is there are no rumours. Its kind of dead at the moment.
The Redmonde one came through from somewhere but not much else finding its way out.

Its all a bit prediction with no substance and I include myself in that. :)

Hamilton Pathetic 17th June 2019 14.28:11

All you would get is the same thread but multiplied with all the usual posters posting exacting the same thing but with added vigour because they can repeat themselves more often.

Redpensioner 17th June 2019 18.04:36

It's sad really, we all come on here night after night to see if someone is in the building.

The Misses says have they signed anyone. Piss off I say in a mood. No, I'm only joking, before someone goes off on one them sexism threads ha.

Lets Av A Riot 17th June 2019 18.10:51

[QUOTE=The Method Maws;2267575]For me the 'Transfer Rumors' Thread doesn't work.

You have to trawl through page after page of discussion to find any actual rumours.

Other boards have a new thread per rumour which I think better. It could even have its own forum.

What do you think? Should we put it to the vote?

Hopefully this thread doesn't descend into a discussion about The Board, Rutherford, Assistant Managers, January etc[/QUOTE]

unfortunatly regardless if what topic a thread is... it will get lost in translation due to the self proclaimed superfans who know best for this club.. so spend all their time on here attempting to convince everybody how bad the board is and how many more years we will be stuck down here.. basiclly non stop moaning and negativity :(

Hightown Brymbo Red 17th June 2019 18.28:25

[QUOTE=Lets Av A Riot;2267721]unfortunatly regardless if what topic a thread is... it will get lost in translation due to the self proclaimed superfans who know best for this club.. so spend all their time on here attempting to convince everybody how bad the board is and how many more years we will be stuck down here.. basiclly non stop moaning and negativity :([/QUOTE]

Pretty negative and moaning post?

#hypocrisy

pagl 17th June 2019 18.29:23

[QUOTE=Lets Av A Riot;2267721]unfortunatly regardless if what topic a thread is... it will get lost in translation due to the self proclaimed superfans who know best for this club.. so spend all their time on here attempting to convince everybody how bad the board is and how many more years we will be stuck down here.. basiclly non stop moaning and negativity :([/QUOTE]

The circus must be in town :)

Wrecsam91 17th June 2019 18.31:02

the name i heard yesterday was joe quigley

OneLoveWrexham 17th June 2019 18.34:57

[QUOTE=Wrecsam91;2267724]the name i heard yesterday was joe quigley[/QUOTE]
Hopefully will be, what a fantastic signing that would be. He’s a great fantastic lad and I for one can’t wait to see him playing in a Wrexham shirt.

pagl 17th June 2019 18.37:51

[QUOTE=OneLoveWrexham;2267727]Hopefully will be, what a fantastic signing that would be. He’s a great fantastic lad and I for one can’t wait to see him playing in a Wrexham shirt.[/QUOTE]

Oh the irony :)

138+NotOut 17th June 2019 19.00:17

[QUOTE=Wrecsam91;2267724]the name i heard yesterday was joe quigley[/QUOTE]

No way

redknight 17th June 2019 21.19:24

Think a thread for each rumoured player is good idea... Don't even bother with the current thread anymore...

dixienormous 17th June 2019 21.21:38

Aye, we aint been down here long.

John Neals Dynasty 17th June 2019 21.57:32

[QUOTE=basdragon;2267669]Exactly but that's why I feel its a good idea. I don't want to trawl through pages of the same old "the board are shite" "he's shite, they're shite " nonsense.

I'd much rather go straight to an actual rumour:huh2:[/QUOTE]

You do make a good point, all the threads tend to go off at a tangent.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

basdragon 18th June 2019 00.20:46

[QUOTE=John Neals Dynasty;2267754]You do make a good point, all the threads tend to go off at a tangent.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

Cheers JND, I do accept there would be less to read in that case, but personally I'm OK with that

RHYLRED 18th June 2019 04.54:20

[QUOTE=John Neals Dynasty;2267754]You do make a good point, all the threads tend to go off at a tangent.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

Its sunny today, I've also had porridge for breakfast.

Prodigal Dragon 18th June 2019 08.19:33

[QUOTE=RHYLRED;2267758]Its sunny today, I've also had porridge for breakfast.[/QUOTE]

Very important to get one’s oats to stay healthy, wealthy and wise!;)

moynkeepthefaith 18th June 2019 20.05:25

[QUOTE=Prodigal Dragon;2267786]Very important to get one’s oats to stay healthy, wealthy and wise!;)[/QUOTE]

Well he’s healthy at least :)

petered 18th June 2019 20.50:51

You got that spot on matey.

Huffy 18th June 2019 23.05:25

[QUOTE=petered;2268176]You got that spot on matey.[/QUOTE]

Too right he did

Ooh aah Paskin 19th June 2019 07.58:10

But then the constant bigging up of the Board and those that post that they can do no wrong etc, and the club is fantastic and we are doing well, nothing needs to change brigade, posts can be grating too. It works both ways.

We just have to accept that everyone has an opinion and a voice and they are never going to agree all of the time, if at all. Respect the other views and if they truly irritate then block the poster.

Phils-an-alki 19th June 2019 08.52:55

[QUOTE=Huffy;2268206]Too right he did[/QUOTE]

*slow clap.

basdragon 19th June 2019 08.58:44

[QUOTE=Ooh aah Paskin;2268233]But then the constant bigging up of the Board and those that post that they can do no wrong etc, and the club is fantastic and we are doing well, nothing needs to change brigade, posts can be grating too. It works both ways.

We just have to accept that everyone has an opinion and a voice and they are never going to agree all of the time, if at all. Respect the other views and if they truly irritate then block the poster.[/QUOTE]

I can't say I have seen many of that type of post unless they are defending the board after seeing an attack on the board.

The number of spontaneous "I think the board is great and everything in the garden is rosy " are pretty small;)

Ooh aah Paskin 19th June 2019 11.28:03

[QUOTE=basdragon;2268248]I can't say I have seen many of that type of post unless they are defending the board after seeing an attack on the board.

The number of spontaneous "I think the board is great and everything in the garden is rosy " are pretty small;)[/QUOTE]

I wonder why..... ;):D

Ugolini 21st June 2019 11.59:30

Well said. When you think where the club was and we finished 4th in a very tough league. We should all stop the bickering and get behind them!!

pagl 21st June 2019 12.17:36

[QUOTE=basdragon;2268248]I can't say I have seen many of that type of post unless they are defending the board after seeing an attack on the board.

The number of spontaneous "I think the board is great and everything in the garden is rosy " are pretty small;)[/QUOTE]

Probably because they are not great :)

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 01.07:49.