Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19th June 2019, 22.40:36   #28-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: Last Year's AGM - 12 Months On...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quay Red View Post
Doesn't matter how much you support the club. On this single issue, mandated by the membership, they have failed to deliver.
I have the greatest respect for you QR. Would like the views of those , who we both know, who will defend the Official Line under most circumstances but now have nowt to say.Do I have to name the obvious suspects ?
Old 19th June 2019, 23.16:49   #29-0 (permalink)
Rob
Due a Testimonial

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixienormous View Post
Do people actually read this shit?
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixienormous View Post
That's the problem when you don't read things I suppose. I thought it was the AGM minutes.
Old 19th June 2019, 23.26:24   #30-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Techend

[QUOTE=andy buckley;2268481]
Quote:
Originally Posted by wafc1926 View Post
Apologies if I am wrong but had you down as a WST loyalist who generally backs the official line. Would appreciate your views on this issue which seems to reflect badly on our Club.[/QUOTE

Not a WST loyalist lol as far as the platform goes I think its a disgrace that there seems to be little progress in implementing the resolution.
Confused!
So a WST loyalist but not on 1 issue?
This to me is the fundamentals of the problems. We should deal with individual issues and deal with them as they arise.
To blindly follow is dangerous IMO.
Old 20th June 2019, 05.59:13   #31-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: yale paddock

[QUOTE=pagl;2268526]
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy buckley View Post

Confused!
So a WST loyalist but not on 1 issue?
This to me is the fundamentals of the problems. We should deal with individual issues and deal with them as they arise.
To blindly follow is dangerous IMO.
Makes 2 of us confused but as I have said previously I am a WST member in order to get a cheaper season ticket have never attended a meeting but usually vote and often as in this case against wst recommendations.
Old 20th June 2019, 06.03:38   #32-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

[QUOTE=andy buckley;2268530]
Quote:
Originally Posted by pagl View Post

Makes 2 of us confused but as I have said previously I am a WST member in order to get a cheaper season ticket have never attended a meeting but usually vote and often as in this case against wst recommendations.
So not a loyalist then?
That seems far more logical
Old 20th June 2019, 06.07:52   #33-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wafc1926 View Post
Interesting that no-one has defended the Club line on this issue . Could name ...at a guess ....at least a dozen RP posters who automatically back the WST Board view . What have they got to say ??
Not sure if you are referring to the likes of me or why you have a beef with fellow fans? I’ve always had a lot of respect for you and thought we were on the same side generally.

Personally I can see why the club preferred the idea of not reducing the capacity if it is possible to add a second platform without doing so, which was the argument put forward last year. But without knowing the ins and outs, it is very disappointing that there hasn’t been much more progress so far.

Have you talked to Phil Salmon about this wafc1926? From all I’ve seen he is very approachable, and has board responsibilities for the ground I believe. Might be worth doing so in the first instance to find out what is going on.
Old 20th June 2019, 06.35:51   #34-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlrwrexham View Post
A failure to deliver is quite clear as are the following:

No strategy otherwise we would have agreed where and how this platform was going to be located, seats to be removed, H&S aspects and how this fitted in with my Racecourse its capacity and future growth.

Communication failure from the club and specifically the person tasked with the role to deliver this.

Disrespect of the DSA and all non able supporters. Lets face it if we cannot put in place structures now when the ground is barely at 50% use then when are we able to do it?

Fear of losing a bit of revenue from a few seats that may at some point be needed for a big game.

I dont know how/where platforms, lifts etc. should be located but seems to me that we could use the far right block of the MRS and take away say every other row so that carers could sit behind with wheelchair user in the space where the seats were removed. Even in Lower Tech End on the bottom left.
I am sure there would need to be some structure changes but I am sure the WAFC community would rally round.

Or have I missed the point of what has/has not been done here?
Old 20th June 2019, 06.38:22   #35-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Sweeney View Post
Not sure if you are referring to the likes of me or why you have a beef with fellow fans? I’ve always had a lot of respect for you and thought we were on the same side generally.

Personally I can see why the club preferred the idea of not reducing the capacity if it is possible to add a second platform without doing so, which was the argument put forward last year. But without knowing the ins and outs, it is very disappointing that there hasn’t been much more progress so far.

Have you talked to Phil Salmon about this wafc1926? From all I’ve seen he is very approachable, and has board responsibilities for the ground I believe. Might be worth doing so in the first instance to find out what is going on.
I can also why the board wanted a solution that didn't reduce capacity and WA probably cheaper but the solution they came up with failed to actually address what they were mandated to do by the membership as it down comply with level playing field. Yes it is covered but it is practically pitch level and is separated from the rest of the fan base.
If I make the AGM and no one beats me to it I will be raising this for two reasons.
1) it shows a horrible lack of empathy for our disabled fans
2) it emphasises a growing trend of the board ignoring the fanbase
Old 20th June 2019, 06.49:54   #36-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

Racecourse Spot: Upper Yale stand, town end

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy buckley View Post
Is that an apology?? If you can't be bothered reading shit stopping posting it then
Yes, I read the title 'Last year's Agm', something I can't be arsed with. Apologies.

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 09.00:53.