Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25th June 2019, 17.41:22   #1-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS
Twitter: @

Default Calon broadcasting WFC matches ends

I see that this season matches are not to be broadcast on Calon but only on Mixir. Great for the under 60's but what about all those older supporters who will be devastated that they can no longer listen to games ?
Old 25th June 2019, 17.43:48   #2-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Default Re: Calon broadcasting WFC matches ends

Really? If i cant listen to Mark Griffiths' witty and incisive commentary it just wont be the same. Who can I protest to? No ambishun.
Old 25th June 2019, 17.50:49   #3-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: Mold Rd

Is there a reason? Is it contractual? Have they lost WiFi again? .... or has the piece of string between the two tin cans been severed?
Posted via mobile theme
Old 25th June 2019, 18.19:08   #4-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot:

Why cant we have commentary back on bbc radio Cymru/Wales? Save having to listen to commentary on south Wales teams ,same game on both stations .
Old 25th June 2019, 19.09:16   #5-0 (permalink)
Rob
Due a Testimonial

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand

People are keen to have a pop at 'spin' - however there is an art to it, and this is superb https://www.wrexhamafc.co.uk/news/me...usive-to-mixlr

Have we lost an FM broadcast audience? Nope... it is exclusive on Mixlr

More seriously it would be interesting to know if it was something stopped our end or theirs, as there was a note of the links between a community club and the community based radio station.

Calon is Glyndwr too, so if they are being awkward in terms of the club that would be of interest in a wider sense too.
Old 25th June 2019, 19.17:14   #6-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand

That’s genuinely a real real shame! I enjoyed listening in via Calon (sponsored kindly by Claire Heggarty - apologies if mis-spelt!). Griff and team sounded amazing, really professional (as always!!) on digital streamed radio (apologies I’m no techy!!). Will miss it big time as will many, many reds who just cannot justify the journey (no lack of passion, just lack of hours or dosh - it’s a bloody long way from Canada, Australia, Saudi etc..)! We are so so so lucky to have a fan in Griff who is so utterly professional (read brilliant!), who is prepared to give his time (gratis most if not all of the time - sorry Griff don’t know your terms!) to grow a full media team to bring all of us the match day experience..be it in the ground or in our front room!! No bluster, no politics (well most of the time!) but just pure commentary by a true fan for true fans! Thanks for all your hard work Wrexham AFC media team, please let us ex-pats know where we can hear your enthusiasm (that we all truly share!) this coming season!!

If mixlr, can it be found online or on DAB pls?!!

Last edited by Leighton Red; 25th June 2019 at 19.19:36.. Reason: Mixlr info request!!
Old 25th June 2019, 19.29:01   #7-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: none given

While it doesn’t affect a huge number of people, ie most people who are in can still get online and most of those who are out aren’t in Calon range, it seems a backward step. There’s something positive about being on FM and it’s yet another community link gone for this, ahem, community club.
Old 25th June 2019, 19.29:41   #8-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot: none given

I very rarely go to away games since we have been down here in the pits, so, Calon has been my lifeline for the away games. To get matches on Radio Wales you have to get it online. As someone of the older generation technology does not come easy but I do have a go. Obviously, I have a laptop or i woundn't be on here.

Calon was on a pre-set button on my radio, switch on and bingo. Someone go through this Mixir thing with us not so savvy fans.
Old 25th June 2019, 19.40:17   #9-0 (permalink)
Retired Member

Racecourse Spot:

Anyone who struggles with apps and links, someone always puts a link to the game on the in game thread. Just ask at the time and I'm sure many of us will help out.

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 09.10:51.