Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham



Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25th June 2019, 19.21:23   #1-0 (permalink)
Rob
Due a Testimonial
 
Rob's Avatar


(info 1 & 2)


(info)
 
Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand
Real Name: Rob
Twitter: @





Default Bangor friendly? (No not the Vaughan one, the new supporter-owned one...)

Anyone heard any rumours if we are having a friendly against Bangor 1876 to commemorate their start up, and perhaps solidarity?

Bangor 1876 is the newly formed supporter-owned team - you can follow them on https://twitter.com/Bangor1876 .

No point going into the recent history of the other Bangor, but Vaughan.

Traditionally clubs often have marquee games to celebrate things such as this, the opening of new stands / stadia, or even back in the day 'floodlight friendlies'. To me, this type of game against Bangor 1876 should be right up our street of being the right thing to be doing, and could give them a decent financial leg up too.

On 30th July they are having a game against Gresford at Clappers Lane - could we at least send a delegation in support?
Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2019, 19.26:36   #2-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub
 
sparky's Avatar


(info 1 & 2)


(info)
 
Racecourse Spot: The one that's not been sponsored
Real Name: It's not rocket science
Twitter: @





Default Re: Bangor friendly? (No not the Vaughan one, the new supporter-owned one...)

It would be good preparation for the deep fried mars bar cup.
__________________
There are no tools you can use out there. You've just got to go with what you have in your pants.
Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2019, 19.28:08   #3-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: Hays Travel Stand
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Bangor friendly? (No not the Vaughan one, the new supporter-owned one...)

Their first game is against FC United with Gresford second.Rumours re.Chester too.
Would be very good PR and a nice gesture to have fixture before the season.
Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2019, 20.22:00   #4-0 (permalink)
Legend

Not Set Click To Change




(info)
 
Racecourse Spot:
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Bangor friendly? (No not the Vaughan one, the new supporter-owned one...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
Anyone heard any rumours if we are having a friendly against Bangor 1876 to commemorate their start up, and perhaps solidarity?

Bangor 1876 is the newly formed supporter-owned team - you can follow them on https://twitter.com/Bangor1876 .

No point going into the recent history of the other Bangor, but Vaughan.

Traditionally clubs often have marquee games to celebrate things such as this, the opening of new stands / stadia, or even back in the day 'floodlight friendlies'. To me, this type of game against Bangor 1876 should be right up our street of being the right thing to be doing, and could give them a decent financial leg up too.

On 30th July they are having a game against Gresford at Clappers Lane - could we at least send a delegation in support?
Considering that we shamefully played the Bangor Vaughan lot and boosted their coffers I think that we should also try and fit in the supporters owned team to give them a boost as well.
Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2019, 21.07:15   #5-0 (permalink)
Rob
Due a Testimonial
 
Rob's Avatar


(info 1 & 2)


(info)
 
Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand
Real Name: Rob
Twitter: @





Default Re: Bangor friendly? (No not the Vaughan one, the new supporter-owned one...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Edwards View Post
Their first game is against FC United with Gresford second.Rumours re.Chester too.
Would be very good PR and a nice gesture to have fixture before the season.
A fan owned tour and we are missed off?

(apart from Gresford who are owned by the emiratis of the locality, made rich with the oil well under the duck pond)
Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2019, 21.35:59   #6-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: Hays Travel Stand
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Bangor friendly? (No not the Vaughan one, the new supporter-owned one...)

Anyone from the club wanting to contact Bangor 1876 officials PM me for contact details.
Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2019, 08.33:29   #7-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: none given
Real Name: none given
Twitter: @





Default Re: Bangor friendly? (No not the Vaughan one, the new supporter-owned one...)

An excellent suggestion to play the new Bangor 1876 club, the true representative of football in that city! Up the 'new Citizens, we at Wrexham wish you well!'
Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2019, 08.37:00   #8-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges
 
Quay Red's Avatar


(info 1 & 2)


(info)
 
Racecourse Spot: MRS
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Bangor friendly? (No not the Vaughan one, the new supporter-owned one...)

Not sure how we'd fit in another game. We appear to have enough pre season fixtures.
Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2019, 08.55:16   #9-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager
 
pagl's Avatar


(info 1 & 2)


(info)
 
Racecourse Spot: Techend
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Bangor friendly? (No not the Vaughan one, the new supporter-owned one...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quay Red View Post
Not sure how we'd fit in another game. We appear to have enough pre season fixtures.
Bin the Fleetwood game
__________________
Wrexham Goldline lottery, for just £1 a week help fund future stars
Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2019, 09.03:42   #10-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: MRS
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Bangor friendly? (No not the Vaughan one, the new supporter-owned one...)

Sounds a good gesture, we could always send youth team plus Leo Smith!
Posted via mobile theme
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools



Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List



Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.


Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark



All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 15.12:05.
Powered by vBulletin® & Wrex the Dragons fiery breath

RedPassion.co.uk : World Famous in Wrexham



SEO by vBSEO 3.3.0 ©2009, Crawlability, Inc.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13