Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29th June 2019, 12.37:10   #1-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: Wheelchair Viewing Platform
Twitter: @

Default Neil Dobie RIP

Just thought you would all like to know that the family and friends of our much loved committee member (SE19Exile on here) have raised a massive £1100 for the DSA.

And they are not finished.

We will be sure that this goes to something befitting his memory.
Old 29th June 2019, 12.42:01   #2-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: Behind You.

Default Re: Neil Dobie RIP

He would have liked that. Very nice gesture.
Old 29th June 2019, 13.03:30   #3-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Techend

Fantastic. Are they accepting donations?
Old 29th June 2019, 13.09:35   #4-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: Wheelchair Viewing Platform

Neil's daughter will be doing a fundraiser for us down in London so we will let you know when she is organised.

We will be looking to organise some bits and pieces that might help her fundraise down there.
Old 29th June 2019, 13.32:51   #5-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot:

Oh no. I completely missed that SE19 Exile had passed away. I didn’t know him personally but always enjoyed his contributions on here. RIP.
Old 29th June 2019, 18.38:08   #6-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: none given

Good stuff well done to all - hed be made up with that bless him xx
Old 15th January 2020, 17.39:12   #7-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: A red seat, not a blue one

Default Re: Neil Dobie RIP (SE19 Exile)

I didn't get chance to do this when I should have and its important to me that I do.

I was so devastated that Neil passed away that I couldn't bring myself to post on Red Passion at the time.

I had been staying with Neil at his farm house in France in the summer of 2018 and we had the best time ever. He picked me up from the airport with a car covered in Wrexham AFC stickers and air fresheners. We laughed for 3 days, went fishing, swam in a lake (neil sunbathed with an inflatable crocodile) He climbed a marble plinth to rub the lucky buddha's belly at the local buddhist temple to try to get Wrexham promoted. If we'd beaten Orient he would have done it for us.

Neil was hoping to get a hobby business going in France for Wrexham Fans to come and visit him. He loved the town as much as anyone I know and going home for regular visits was a big thing to him.

He was also incredibly kind. I got to know Neil through Red Passion about 15 years ago. I mentioned in a thread once my nephew was a massive Fulham fan and Neil got in touch to say he had a signed Fulham shirt for me from their 2001 promotion year. He had been working for Fulham as manager of their merchandise department. We met up at a Wrexham match and remained friends ever since and realised we had probably know each other from the terraces back in the 80's.

He told me his career highlight was playing a one two with Jean Tigana in the fulham car park during a lunch 5-a-side knockout about. Tigana scored from his return pass. The grin on his face telling me that story will always remain with me.

I introduced Neil to WrexhamO in the Lamb & Flag pub in London as I knew Neil would be a brilliant person to help the DSA. You only have to read the threads and posts on RP to see what he did. Such a hero.

Rest in peace mate.

Loved our time together.
Old 15th January 2020, 17.42:04   #8-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot:

Lovely story and post
Old 15th January 2020, 17.43:47   #9-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Default Re: Neil Dobie RIP (SE19 Exile)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welsh Kiwi View Post
I didn't get chance to do this when I should have and its important to me that I do.

I was so devastated that Neil passed away that I couldn't bring myself to post on Red Passion at the time.

I had been staying with Neil at his farm house in France in the summer of 2018 and we had the best time ever. He picked me up from the airport with a car covered in Wrexham AFC stickers and air fresheners. We laughed for 3 days, went fishing, swam in a lake (neil sunbathed with an inflatable crocodile) He climbed a marble plinth to rub the lucky buddha's belly at the local buddhist temple to try to get Wrexham promoted. If we'd beaten Orient he would have done it for us.

Neil was hoping to get a hobby business going in France for Wrexham Fans to come and visit him. He loved the town as much as anyone I know and going home for regular visits was a big thing to him.

He was also incredibly kind. I got to know Neil through Red Passion about 15 years ago. I mentioned in a thread once my nephew was a massive Fulham fan and Neil got in touch to say he had a signed Fulham shirt for me from their 2001 promotion year. He had been working for Fulham as manager of their merchandise department. We met up at a Wrexham match and remained friends ever since and realised we had probably know each other from the terraces back in the 80's.

He told me his career highlight was playing a one two with Jean Tigana in the fulham car park during a lunch 5-a-side knockout about. Tigana scored from his return pass. The grin on his face telling me that story will always remain with me.

I introduced Neil to WrexhamO in the Lamb & Flag pub in London as I knew Neil would be a brilliant person to help the DSA. You only have to read the threads and posts on RP to see what he did. Such a hero.

Rest in peace mate.

Loved our time together.

That's a lovely read mate. It's still hard to come to terms with the fact that we've lost him. I really miss him.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 04.27:39.