Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 3rd July 2019, 19.55:04   #31-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: What Style does it take to get Promoted ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalman View Post
Barrow came to the evening match, and just bullied Wrexham out of the game
if I remember, and the Referee let them do it. Match over a half time.
Barrow took Wrexham to the cleaners that night with fantastic football in very windy conditions,our timid midfield was bullied due to the quality of football and yet again we blame the ref when we were not up to the fight.
Old 3rd July 2019, 19.58:01   #32-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: none given

hughes was a great attacking midfielder,so i am hopeful he will want to go out and score goals, it just depends if he is shackled by darlington, for me need 2 upfront,433 means we are 1 short in midfield,which causes the midfield to quickly tire ,and then they drop deeper
Old 3rd July 2019, 20.10:17   #33-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: Centre Yale Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybersham View Post
Barrow took Wrexham to the cleaners that night with fantastic football in very windy conditions,our timid midfield was bullied due to the quality of football and yet again we blame the ref when we were not up to the fight.
Yes you are correct Billy they played us off the park that night.
The first 3 matches will really test us Dover , B Wood and Dover.
How many points will we get there 4 maybe ?
Old 3rd July 2019, 20.35:35   #34-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: Tech End

It's different every year.

Like, last year, Orient had a bunch of talented lads playing decent football and had a load of guys (Bonne especially) who knew where the net was.

Which was different to the winners before them, Macclesfield, who were an organised team who worked hard and Askey got them to a point where Macclesfield were greater than the sum of its parts.

I think it's a case of who adapts to the opposition best each weak. You don't have to do a full squad rotation every week or anything, but there's so many decent teams in this league a lot of the time it comes down to who wins those all-important six-pointers.
Old 4th July 2019, 06.21:34   #35-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Techend

Quote:
Agree. It was a total embarrassment.
Started with team selection - Gashman, Wright and Young in midfield. Oswell up front with his groin and sadly no Pearson to organise.

I guess BH tried to make something work but for all his faults Ruthers would provide hard work against Barrow with Holroyd or Grant for Oswell.

Again sticking to a 433 in a game where it was going to be a midfield battle with them packing it and getting behind the ball.
They were carrying more injuries and picked their battlers.
Old 4th July 2019, 07.27:00   #36-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand Centre Section

Promotion is essential, with goals and clean sheets winning it.

Itís highly desirable to see free-flowing, attacking football. This will attract more fans and allow us to go home feeling upbeat rather than bored stiff!
Old 4th July 2019, 07.45:43   #37-0 (permalink)
Legend

Not Set Click To Change

(info)

Racecourse Spot: mold road

Quote:
I suspect BH would accept he got team selection wrong for that game, switching to 442 after a run of mixed results, granted 3 midfielders were out injured. Barrow did play the conditions extremely well but starting with 2 in midfield and 2 wingers in McGlashan & Tollitt, was a step to far in an attempt to be more progressive. Despite opinion on here the team relied heavily last season on Rutherford's work rate and taking him out of the starting 11 was a mistake and he should have started with Young & Wright in centre mid.

Hindsight is great, but I think many if us were a little worried before kick off, except the usual Ruthers knickers who thought it was a positive move.
Old 4th July 2019, 08.24:32   #38-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: When I can get there

style dont get promotion, scoring one more than the opposition and 3 points does
Old 4th July 2019, 08.29:38   #39-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel D View Post
Yes you are correct Billy they played us off the park that night.
The first 3 matches will really test us Dover , B Wood and Dover.
How many points will we get there 4 maybe ?
Jesus we arenít doing anything this season if we think we will get 4 points from those games. Beat both Dover and BW away last season so no reason to think we canít again with a better team on paper and we should be looking at winning all our home games.
Posted via mobile theme
Old 4th July 2019, 08.43:01   #40-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by davewilli View Post
Despite opinion on here the team relied heavily last season on Rutherford's work rate and taking him out of the starting 11 was a mistake and he should have started with Young & Wright in centre mid.

Hindsight is great, but I think many if us were a little worried before kick off, except the usual Ruthers knickers who thought it was a positive move.

Newsflash!

Rutherford's job is to create and score goals in the position he plays. He rarely does either. Look at his stats. Case closed.

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 22.50:12.