Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 3rd July 2019, 15.56:04   #11-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: none given
Twitter: @

Default Re: New Kop stand and conference venue in Wrexham master plan

“Councillor Pritchard said: "There is a new want and desire to improve Wrexham as a place and as a region.
"Wrexham Football Club has been let down in the past by individuals and things that are outside our control.”

Megalolz, not our fault that the big man with the big cheques made us do what he wanted.

Going to avoid excitement until I see something actually being put up. It’s amazing how priorities can change before then. But positive announcements are better than hee haw.
Old 3rd July 2019, 15.56:15   #12-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot:

Would be great if it happened.

If say the stand is a bit big for our needs. That's going to be a hell of a lot of empty seats.
Posted via mobile theme
Old 3rd July 2019, 15.59:18   #13-0 (permalink)
Rob
Due a Testimonial

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by swedenred View Post
Same story as the initial link as the Leader (ITV, Post etc) can't be arsed to send anyone to the Guildhall anymore and get all their council stuff via the BBC reporter scheme. Amazing really when you think of the scale of this, Glyndwr planning or whatever...

It was just me and Fezbob asking questions of the council on this.
Old 3rd July 2019, 16.00:01   #14-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Mold Road Stand
Twitter: @fezbob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wxm boy View Post
Would be great if it happened.

If say the stand is a bit big for our needs. That's going to be a hell of a lot of empty seats.
Posted via mobile theme
Seems more aimed at accommodating Wales internationals, oh and our surge to the Premier League!
Old 3rd July 2019, 16.00:53   #15-0 (permalink)
Rob
Due a Testimonial

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagl View Post
No purchase has been made and no-one has any money or budget other than Glyndwr who suddenly are talking £60m.

Anyone for tennis?
Uni's cash appears to be for their campus rebuild. My feeling is this will take a windfall from Welsh Gov as part of a wider regeneration - hotel / station etc to get it done.

Time for Cardiff to get the wallet out for Wrexham?
Old 3rd July 2019, 16.02:32   #16-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
Same story as the initial link as the Leader (ITV, Post etc) can't be arsed to send anyone to the Guildhall anymore and get all their council stuff via the BBC reporter scheme. Amazing really when you think of the scale of this, Glyndwr planning or whatever...

It was just me and Fezbob asking questions of the council on this.
Rob was defo bad cop in the questioning scenario.
Old 3rd July 2019, 16.06:04   #17-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: none given

Seeing as the museum is nailed on for Wrexham, joined up thinking would make not having that museum at the redeveloped Racecourse a bit strange. Unless of course you want to meet the museum obligation and still be able to wriggle out of a hefty Racecourse bill. I’m edging towards thinking that we’ll still be talking about this in twenty years as everyone who wants a vote from you says they’ll put it back on the agenda. Which is as miserable as can be right from the off, and feel free to shoot that down, but it’s how I read it.
Old 3rd July 2019, 16.08:10   #18-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Shabadoo View Post
Seeing as the museum is nailed on for Wrexham, joined up thinking would make not having that museum at the redeveloped Racecourse a bit strange. Unless of course you want to meet the museum obligation and still be able to wriggle out of a hefty Racecourse bill. I’m edging towards thinking that we’ll still be talking about this in twenty years as everyone who wants a vote from you says they’ll put it back on the agenda. Which is as miserable as can be right from the off, and feel free to shoot that down, but it’s how I read it.
The main reason for that is it was felt the conference centre would make a better money maker than a museum.
Posted via mobile theme
Old 3rd July 2019, 16.15:17   #19-0 (permalink)

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Mold road towards the kop
Twitter: @iesty83

Quote:
Originally Posted by fezbob View Post
The main reason for that is it was felt the conference centre would make a better money maker than a museum.
Posted via mobile theme
maybe even a footbridge linking the train station direct to the stadium as that is also included in the redevlopment
Old 3rd July 2019, 16.18:45   #20-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Obviously great news in theory but I don't get the "show them how much you want this" rhetoric.

Its not the x factor there is either Cardiff level funding and intent for this or there isnt, I'm not sure why we should need to beg for it.
Posted via mobile theme
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 23.41:57.