Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham



Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12th July 2019, 17.15:17   #181-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: Mold Road End
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Portimonense Reaction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
He is coming out with some nonsense about changing formation depending on the opposition. Recipe for disaster that.
If he said he was keeping the same formation for every game, you would accuse him of being regimented, inflexible and predictable.
Old 12th July 2019, 17.53:54   #182-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges
 
Quay Red's Avatar


(info 1 & 2)


(info)
 
Racecourse Spot: MRS
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Portimonense Reaction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Attack View Post
If he said he was keeping the same formation for every game, you would accuse him of being regimented, inflexible and predictable.
And not having a Plan B.
Old 12th July 2019, 18.00:16   #183-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: none given
Real Name: none given
Twitter: @





Default Re: Portimonense Reaction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Attack View Post
If he said he was keeping the same formation for every game, you would accuse him of being regimented, inflexible and predictable.


At this level you keep it simple and stick to a formation from game to game. If itís not going well then yes you need an alternative within a game, but the idea of changing based on the opposition is for the birds. If he thinks he has the players to radically switch formations each week (from 433 to 343 is radical) he is living in cloud cuckoo land. Remember this guy has no pedigree in successful management so anything he does should carry a health warning.
Old 12th July 2019, 18.17:41   #184-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager
 
pagl's Avatar


(info 1 & 2)


(info)
 
Racecourse Spot: Techend
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Portimonense Reaction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
At this level you keep it simple and stick to a formation from game to game. If itís not going well then yes you need an alternative within a game, but the idea of changing based on the opposition is for the birds. If he thinks he has the players to radically switch formations each week (from 433 to 343 is radical) he is living in cloud cuckoo land. Remember this guy has no pedigree in successful management so anything he does should carry a health warning.
Totally agree.
Flexibility within a game and as QR says a plan B. But changing formations game to game a recipe for disaster. Especially at this level.

I expect 433 yet again given CDs influence as its no surprise DK, SR and now BH have used it. Plan B seems 343 or possibly 352.
With the 6 forwards inc Mc and Harris we seem better equipped for 433 as long as its not Ruthers, Oswell and Grant

Prob see a bit of experimenting in early friendlies and our set up sorted by Crewe game.
__________________
Wrexham Goldline lottery, for just £1 a week help fund future stars
Old 12th July 2019, 18.56:17   #185-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: Mold Road End
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Portimonense Reaction

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagl View Post
Totally agree.
Flexibility within a game and as QR says a plan B. But changing formations game to game a recipe for disaster. Especially at this level.

I expect 433 yet again given CDs influence as its no surprise DK, SR and now BH have used it. Plan B seems 343 or possibly 352.
With the 6 forwards inc Mc and Harris we seem better equipped for 433 as long as its not Ruthers, Oswell and Grant

Prob see a bit of experimenting in early friendlies and our set up sorted by Crewe game.
Has he said heís changing the formation game to game or are you getting your knickers in a twist on yet another subject matter on RP?

Didnít Gary Mills play 433? What about Saunders and Morrell? Wilkin tried a 4-2-3-1 which is a strain of 4-3-3. All pre Carl Darlington.

I suspect Hughes wants flexibility in his system. If Barton is going to be sitting deep it could enable both full backs to push on which would see the wide attackers in field.

Weíve been crying out for a bit of expansion in our attacking play and when the manager even suggests it, the usual suspects pan him.

Letís give the bloke a chance. When it doesnít work we can go back to the tried and tested 4-3-3 and eek out the 1-0s.
Old 12th July 2019, 19.00:49   #186-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager
 
pagl's Avatar


(info 1 & 2)


(info)
 
Racecourse Spot: Techend
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Portimonense Reaction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Attack View Post
Has he said heís changing the formation game to game or are you getting your knickers in a twist on yet another subject matter on RP?
I was replying to the comment by Foxy and as stated I expect a 433.
Knickers in a twist!! A bit rich coming from you.


.
__________________
Wrexham Goldline lottery, for just £1 a week help fund future stars
Old 12th July 2019, 19.05:30   #187-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: Mold Road End
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Portimonense Reaction

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagl View Post
I was replying to the comment by Foxy and as stated I expect a 433.
Knickers in a twist!! A bit rich coming from you.


.
Afraid knot.
Old 12th July 2019, 19.15:45   #188-0 (permalink)
Club Captain
 
Teifi Red's Avatar




(info)
 
Racecourse Spot: Yale
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Portimonense Reaction

Reading this report, it suggests that he’d consider using the 343 system at home due to size of pitch but, he isn’t committing to it.
Bit different to what’s been claimed on here.
https://www.leaderlive.co.uk/sport/w...ck-new-system/
Old 12th July 2019, 19.30:38   #189-0 (permalink)
Legend
 
Redordead's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot: none given
Real Name: none given
Twitter: @





Default Re: Portimonense Reaction

Planning for plan b
Old 12th July 2019, 19.35:12   #190-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: Mold Road End
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Portimonense Reaction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
At this level you keep it simple and stick to a formation from game to game. If itís not going well then yes you need an alternative within a game, but the idea of changing based on the opposition is for the birds. If he thinks he has the players to radically switch formations each week (from 433 to 343 is radical) he is living in cloud cuckoo land. Remember this guy has no pedigree in successful management so anything he does should carry a health warning.
Itís hard to have pedigree when youíve barely managed.

He has pedigree in the game. Of course that doesnít mean heíll be a good manager but heís got half a chance.

He has better pedigree in the game than Keates and Ricketts. He might not have played international football but if heíd found a Welsh nan, heíd have played 50 times between 98-08...at least.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools



Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List



Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.


Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark



All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 07.51:41.
Powered by vBulletinģ & Wrex the Dragons fiery breath

RedPassion.co.uk : World Famous in Wrexham



SEO by vBSEO 3.3.0 ©2009, Crawlability, Inc.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12