Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12th July 2019, 17.15:17   #181-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road End
Twitter: @

Default Re: Portimonense Reaction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
He is coming out with some nonsense about changing formation depending on the opposition. Recipe for disaster that.
If he said he was keeping the same formation for every game, you would accuse him of being regimented, inflexible and predictable.
Old 12th July 2019, 17.53:54   #182-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Attack View Post
If he said he was keeping the same formation for every game, you would accuse him of being regimented, inflexible and predictable.
And not having a Plan B.
Old 12th July 2019, 18.00:16   #183-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:

At this level you keep it simple and stick to a formation from game to game. If itís not going well then yes you need an alternative within a game, but the idea of changing based on the opposition is for the birds. If he thinks he has the players to radically switch formations each week (from 433 to 343 is radical) he is living in cloud cuckoo land. Remember this guy has no pedigree in successful management so anything he does should carry a health warning.
Old 12th July 2019, 18.17:41   #184-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Techend

Quote:
At this level you keep it simple and stick to a formation from game to game. If itís not going well then yes you need an alternative within a game, but the idea of changing based on the opposition is for the birds. If he thinks he has the players to radically switch formations each week (from 433 to 343 is radical) he is living in cloud cuckoo land. Remember this guy has no pedigree in successful management so anything he does should carry a health warning.
Totally agree.
Flexibility within a game and as QR says a plan B. But changing formations game to game a recipe for disaster. Especially at this level.

I expect 433 yet again given CDs influence as its no surprise DK, SR and now BH have used it. Plan B seems 343 or possibly 352.
With the 6 forwards inc Mc and Harris we seem better equipped for 433 as long as its not Ruthers, Oswell and Grant

Prob see a bit of experimenting in early friendlies and our set up sorted by Crewe game.
Old 12th July 2019, 18.56:17   #185-0 (permalink)

Not Set Click To Change

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagl View Post
Totally agree.
Flexibility within a game and as QR says a plan B. But changing formations game to game a recipe for disaster. Especially at this level.

I expect 433 yet again given CDs influence as its no surprise DK, SR and now BH have used it. Plan B seems 343 or possibly 352.
With the 6 forwards inc Mc and Harris we seem better equipped for 433 as long as its not Ruthers, Oswell and Grant

Prob see a bit of experimenting in early friendlies and our set up sorted by Crewe game.
Has he said heís changing the formation game to game or are you getting your knickers in a twist on yet another subject matter on RP?

Didnít Gary Mills play 433? What about Saunders and Morrell? Wilkin tried a 4-2-3-1 which is a strain of 4-3-3. All pre Carl Darlington.

I suspect Hughes wants flexibility in his system. If Barton is going to be sitting deep it could enable both full backs to push on which would see the wide attackers in field.

Weíve been crying out for a bit of expansion in our attacking play and when the manager even suggests it, the usual suspects pan him.

Letís give the bloke a chance. When it doesnít work we can go back to the tried and tested 4-3-3 and eek out the 1-0s.
Old 12th July 2019, 19.00:49   #186-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Techend

Quote:
Has he said heís changing the formation game to game or are you getting your knickers in a twist on yet another subject matter on RP?
I was replying to the comment by Foxy and as stated I expect a 433.
Knickers in a twist!! A bit rich coming from you.

Old 12th July 2019, 19.05:30   #187-0 (permalink)

Not Set Click To Change

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagl View Post
I was replying to the comment by Foxy and as stated I expect a 433.
Knickers in a twist!! A bit rich coming from you.

Afraid knot.
Old 12th July 2019, 19.15:45   #188-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Yale

Reading this report, it suggests that he’d consider using the 343 system at home due to size of pitch but, he isn’t committing to it.
Bit different to what’s been claimed on here.
https://www.leaderlive.co.uk/sport/w...ck-new-system/
Old 12th July 2019, 19.30:38   #189-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: none given

Planning for plan b
Old 12th July 2019, 19.35:12   #190-0 (permalink)

Not Set Click To Change

Quote:
Itís hard to have pedigree when youíve barely managed.

He has pedigree in the game. Of course that doesnít mean heíll be a good manager but heís got half a chance.

He has better pedigree in the game than Keates and Ricketts. He might not have played international football but if heíd found a Welsh nan, heíd have played 50 times between 98-08...at least.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 07.51:41.