Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10th July 2019, 17.47:19   #100-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: MRS
Twitter: @

Default Re: Portimonense Reaction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils-an-alki View Post
That's you though. Its work they are doing for the club unpaid (I assume) so personally I don't think its unreasonable for the club to pay for their travel and accommodation costs. Fair play they paid for themselves but I think the club should pay. We're not on the bread line any more.
do you know wether or not they are offered any kind of monetary expenses? or just presuming they dont .. due to them saying they pay their own way ?#

if they are offered some help... and decide against it... and pay for themself.. then massive hats off to them. if they are not offered any help and are told you can come if you want but you have to pay your own way.. and they do.. then again thats upto them.

during the season id like to think they are helped with espenses in travel if home & away every week and sometimes multiple times a week
Old 10th July 2019, 18.37:22   #101-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Am I alone in thinking the media team's expenses should be paid for stuff like this?
Hopefully, if they were there would be, as likely as not, a small but highly vociferous group crying foul that recources had been squandered, only the favoured few, only nodding dogs, etc, etc, etc. They are doing it for the joy of serving for the benefit of others - a somewhat old fashioned attribute these days
Old 10th July 2019, 18.41:19   #102-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
That's you though. Its work they are doing for the club unpaid (I assume) so personally I don't think its unreasonable for the club to pay for their travel and accommodation costs. Fair play they paid for themselves but I think the club should pay. We're not on the bread line any more.
stop digging, not even your ego can justify making an issue of this
Old 10th July 2019, 18.54:42   #103-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Am I alone in thinking the media team's expenses should be paid for stuff like this?
Completely agree.
Old 10th July 2019, 18.58:51   #104-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Shabadoo View Post
Agreed. And there are unintended consequences with this insistence on everyone doing club business out of their own pockets, ie roles that should be open to anyone are only open to those that can afford to do it. They can’t win obviously, as to dare to enjoy yourself on the club’s account invites criticism from the flapping heads. But still, nobody with any perspective expects everything done for free.
Have you ever considered a career in politics ?? At one fell swoop you have kissed the arse of one of the top three serial moaners. Laid out your credentials as a working class hero who resents people who have possibly been successful and choose to spend their hard earned cash as they see fit. The final two sentences, sadly, are true.
Old 10th July 2019, 19.10:41   #105-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolly dagger View Post
Fck me. You have sorted the team out and you haven't even seen them play. Well done.
Deserves at least as much as Lineker for unqualified pontification
Old 10th July 2019, 19.12:11   #106-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Techend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loughboroughred View Post
Why do you always put down the players ? It's pre-season and players need the minutes. Would you rather we play the same 11 for all pre-season games. Jeez
I was commenting on the same selection and how we knew it didnt work.
Different players could work well together.
Old 10th July 2019, 19.13:33   #107-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: tech end

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz Wxm View Post
Oswell has had a hernia operation. Lainton still carrying an injury and to be fair dibble did well, the young polish keeper had little to do when he came on. Grant played well. We played some lovely football at times with no hoof ball. The team changed formations through out the game. They all worked hard�� Ruthers put some lovely crosses in the box and played well down the right.... a good work out we won’t come up against many teams at our level who will play as well as last nights opposition.... we had two nailed on penalty shouts in the last five minutes same move, cross was hand balled the ball fell kindly to Macintosh who was taken out. The ref bottled it��
Seems to be a bit of confusion about the system. Don't know what system we were playing before they scored because, frankly, i was watching them more than us. Real eye opener. No surprise when they did score.

After they scored we had a line of 5 at the back. I thought that this was sensible because if the worst came to the worst we could always throw bodies at it. Redmond (seems good) sat deeper to help Jennings and we had Oswell up front and Grant kind of floating (he takes up good positions) although he was having to drop back to help. Whether this was by design or circumstances I don't know but it was not 343. We did play 3 up front for most of the second half though ( the team was a bit more confident by then).

The good thing was that the team didn't buckle (it really looked at one point that it would be a damage limitation job to avoid embarrassment). We didn't concede for the next 15 minutes or so and then out of nowhere we hit the bar which brings us back to Grant. Asset or problem?

Although his shot didn't go in it seemed to give the team a bit of confidence and belief. We started mounting attacks, hit the post, won a few free kicks and corners and saw the half out well. The really positive thing about it is that we did not resort to the hoof. We took a leaf out of their book and passed it around, although it has to be said the pitch was like a bowling green which did encourage passing.

From the time that Grant hit the bar until the final whistle there was not that much between the teams which is incredible when you look at the first 15 minutes. Yes it was a friendly but it was also an excellent performance by the team which was a nice surprise.

What does this game mean for the season ahead? Well, absolutely nothing if we don't persist with this way of playing. However, after that performance both the players and staff will be much more confident about what is to come and rightly so.

Just a couple of niggles (nothing is ever absolutely perfect in this imperfect world ). The kit. It was flourescent, hi viz and not easy on the eye - we looked like motorway maintenance workers. Dibble's non stop shouting - it was embarrassing. He needs to tone it down. The portimonense fans were pissing themselves laughing ("he saves with his mouth" and other stuff).

Minor stuff though. It was a great day out and a very enjoyable game. Congratulations to whoever organised it and great choice of opposition. Can we do it again next year?
Old 10th July 2019, 19.16:32   #108-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Techend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolly dagger View Post
Fck me. You have sorted the team out and you haven't even seen them play. Well done.
Its what makes me different.
My point is not individuals but the combination.

Lets all have the same opinion then.

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 17.06:56.