RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Scott butler (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/114161-scott-butler.html)

Hamilton Pathetic 13th July 2019 13.19:39

Re: Scott butler

EFL clubs can now pinch our young hopefuls (under 17's) for free, i.e. no compensation paid and without any comeback thanks to new EFL rules. This was brought up at the Club's AGM, all Non-League club youth schemes are subject to the same circumstance.

I can't recall the exact details but Spencer Harris did go into it in some depth and part of his role is to try and obtain some recompense from the EFL clubs, who are under no obligation to do so.

Bagger Vance 13th July 2019 15.00:38

I remember signing Scott when he was an under 8 - how time flies! Big loss, very athletic, good attitude, strong and technically decent if he kept up levels from the last time I saw him then Swansea have a prospect on their hands.

GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo 13th July 2019 15.25:36

Good luck to him, will be better off at Swansea it's sad to say, who are looking to the academy for their first team players once more.

I bet Noah Daley signs for them very soon, Lee Jenkins highly rated Centreback who's at Aberystwyth Town is currently on a 3 week trial at Hull City. Made his debut last season at 16 and has represented Wales Schoolboys. Certainly some talent out there, trouble is if they aren't quite ready for the first team who do they play for?

Positives to be taken that we're actually now getting these lads it seems in on trial, but we've no infrastructure to help them grow which needs sorting first.

It can be done with the right approach and attitude, that's lacking currently at the top.

Oldfan 15th July 2019 06.37:39

[QUOTE=GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo;2273960]Good luck to him, will be better off at Swansea it's sad to say, who are looking to the academy for their first team players once more.

I bet Noah Daley signs for them very soon, Lee Jenkins highly rated Centreback who's at Aberystwyth Town is currently on a 3 week trial at Hull City. Made his debut last season at 16 and has represented Wales Schoolboys. Certainly some talent out there, trouble is if they aren't quite ready for the first team who do they play for?

Positives to be taken that we're actually now getting these lads it seems in on trial, but we've no infrastructure to help them grow which needs sorting first.

It can be done with the right approach and attitude, that's lacking currently at the top.[/QUOTE]
My understanding is that any players we bring through who are any good can simply be taken without the football club getting anything for them. So what is the point of bringing players through until we're back in the EFL? We seem to be recruiting for league clubs at our own expense,there's no other way of looking at it.

pagl 15th July 2019 06.51:22

Seems Daley may have been worth a punt. Although chances are he might have cost too much. Swansea can obviously offer him more and they are looking at loans, free transfers and I guess the cheaper end.
Obviously whilst also getting youth from us.

The Turf 15th July 2019 12.40:57

Very decent prospect. He and his family are huge Wrexham fans but the chance to go up the pyramid (and get paid) obviously to good to turn
Down. Best of luck To him.

GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo 15th July 2019 16.10:12

[QUOTE=Oldfan;2274180]My understanding is that any players we bring through who are any good can simply be taken without the football club getting anything for them. So what is the point of bringing players through until we're back in the EFL? We seem to be recruiting for league clubs at our own expense,there's no other way of looking at it.[/QUOTE]

You've been lied too, no shock there. Join the Welsh System and we get more protections on paper, also via the conventional way it's done other clubs no harm and could see them making tidy sums a la Danny Ward.

Nobody on the football board is ars*d, easier making excuses. We do the same to WPL clubs, but they don't moan about it, the irony eh? All because we're able to due FIFA rules and other clubs in England can't take them or they leave with there clubs blessing. Basically WPL clubs do all our scouting for us, we then arrange games via twitter with these sides, should a lad impress he usual makes the move.

The best bit is the likes of Everton and Liverpool look to pay us fees regardless, but we can't even be bothered to reply back, so miss out.

Once 17 my understanding is lads can sign pro contracts too, plenty of ways around things, but like said easier blaming someone else.

All very amateur and pathetic, rather play in the college leagues or no league than join the structured Welsh system. All because of what a small minority will say...

dlrwrexham 15th July 2019 17.39:18

[QUOTE=Hamilton Pathetic;2273905]EFL clubs can now pinch our young hopefuls (under 17's) for free, i.e. no compensation paid and without any comeback thanks to new EFL rules. This was brought up at the Club's AGM, all Non-League club youth schemes are subject to the same circumstance.

I can't recall the exact details but Spencer Harris did go into it in some depth and part of his role is to try and obtain some recompense from the EFL clubs, who are under no obligation to do so.[/QUOTE]

A most Trumpian development!.:31:

Alan Attack 15th July 2019 18.54:19

Can we join the Welsh set up being a club who plays in the English leagues? Do other Welsh teams who play in the English leagues do this? Interested to know.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 01.59:03.