RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Jonny Smith (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/114175-jonny-smith.html)

Rhosymedre Red 16th July 2019 10.18:44

Jonny Smith

[url]https://www.dailypost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/former-wrexham-afc-youngster-impressing-16591447[/url]

John Neals Dynasty 16th July 2019 10.31:43

Re: Jonny Smith

Should try to get him on loan he wasn't given a chance here.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

Birdy 16th July 2019 12.45:47

[QUOTE=John Neals Dynasty;2274389]Should try to get him on loan he wasn't given a chance here.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

He won't be loaned out to the conference, he was on loan at league 2 tranmere last season.

benwilliams 16th July 2019 18.07:06

[QUOTE=John Neals Dynasty;2274389]Should try to get him on loan he wasn't given a chance here.

Wasnt he 17 when he left?! I dont think he had the time to be given a chance!

John Neals Dynasty 16th July 2019 21.43:56

[QUOTE=benwilliams;2274472]Wasnt he 17 when he left?! I dont think he had the time to be given a chance!

Well Mills Brought him on off the bench at Macclesfield and he looked a great prospect then, my point was Mills should of played him that season more.

pagl 16th July 2019 21.49:31

[QUOTE=benwilliams;2274472]Wasnt he 17 when he left?! I dont think he had the time to be given a chance!

If I remember it right didnt he come on at Maccy in a 0-0 and had a few runs with the ball, looked quite lively but then dont think he played again and then went to Bristol.

That was Mills for you.

Birdy 16th July 2019 22.30:51

[QUOTE=pagl;2274514]If I remember it right didnt he come on at Maccy in a 0-0 and had a few runs with the ball, looked quite lively but then dont think he played again and then went to Bristol.

That was Mills for you.[/QUOTE]

The club would have sold him whoever was in charge. Since when do we progress any of our youth players. There was also Jordan Davies that season aswell, we could have had a quality left back and winger in the squad now had we kept them on, too much short term thinking going on with our rinse and repeat one year strategy!

pagl 17th July 2019 04.06:53

Birdy. Not disagreeing just saying it was Mills.

If you look at the squad/team at the time - we were 4th in the league I think then Mills quickly fked it up come the close season.
Manny, Fowler, Heslop, Jackson, Hudson.... OK not all would have stayed and we would have to replace but Mills was a genius, the Messiah... yet allowed to give out crazy 30 game contracts, 1 year deals on key players. Loan players out of our ears.
Sheer madness IMO, said so at the time and now everyone realises as well.

Oldfan 17th July 2019 06.36:39

[QUOTE=Birdy;2274518]The club would have sold him whoever was in charge. Since when do we progress any of our youth players. There was also Jordan Davies that season aswell, we could have had a quality left back and winger in the squad now had we kept them on, too much short term thinking going on with our rinse and repeat one year strategy![/QUOTE]

If these youth players didn't have agents from a young age who are hawking them around to get their best slice of the pie you may have a chance of keeping a promising player, but there are 10 year olds who have them these days. And its not just at our club, every lower level club suffer from this, its what modern football has become, a commodity market.

John Neals Dynasty 17th July 2019 08.22:08

[QUOTE=Oldfan;2274538]If these youth players didn't have agents from a young age who are hawking them around to get their best slice of the pie you may have a chance of keeping a promising player, but there are 10 year olds who have them these days. And its not just at our club, every lower level club suffer from this, its what modern football has become, a commodity market.[/QUOTE]

Well said football is dying on its feet because of agents pimping out players, take the Pogba agent they are making millions out of players selling them to the highest bidder demanding huge cuts of the fee. Footballers have become like prostitutes.

The young centre half from Ajax joining Juventus at 19 when the sensible thing would of been to stay at Ajax for at least another season, no loyalty at clubs is caused through Agents wanting big bucks of the next transfer.

Rex Ham 17th July 2019 08.31:48

[QUOTE=Birdy;2274518] There was also Jordan Davies that season aswell, we could have had a quality left back and winger in the squad now had we kept them on, too much short term thinking going on with our rinse and repeat one year strategy![/QUOTE]

We could do with Jordan Davies getting a game for Brighton, surely we'll be due an appearence fee ?

Failing that get him our on loan, if not to us then somewhere to generate some interest for a possible sell on fee

sparky 17th July 2019 08.55:11

[QUOTE=Birdy;2274518]The club would have sold him whoever was in charge. Since when do we progress any of our youth players. There was also Jordan Davies that season aswell, we could have had a quality left back and winger in the squad now had we kept them on, too much short term thinking going on with our rinse and repeat one year strategy![/QUOTE]

Yep.

We have well and truly made our bed. Because we have chosen to go down this route it does put us under a lot of pressure with play offs being the minimum requirement under such a policy.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 06.50:55.