Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19th July 2019, 06.20:07   #1-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default RIP Alan Eden

It is much sadness that I report that Alan Eden (Chicago Red) formally from Rossett but for many years from Chicago has sadly passed away. Yet another fan in their 50's taken so early.

Alan watched many sports whilst in the UK being a Warrigton rugby league fan and a much travelled fan of Wales and Wrexham FC. I had the pleasure in travelling to many away grounds with him often combining golf and beer for some top weekends away with the likes of Haydn Young, also sadly no longer with us.

For a few years he took the photos for the match program. He like many of us watched the club when the crowds were around 1000. He took part in one of the first fund raisers when many fans walked from Chester Racecourse to Wrexham racecourse. He helped in the creation of the Butchers Sunday league team and actually produced a program for their home games for a few years.

Whilst in Chicago despite taking up baseball as his main sport he never forgot his roots and kept up to date via the internet with all things Welsh sport but mainly Wrexham AFC. A good win or bad defeat would invariably result in a communication of some sort across the Atlantic. He had become a master of finding a stream from somewhere for our televised games.

For years we've been tentatively planning for me to go over to watch the breeders cup horse racing together. Sadly that trip will never take place.

It's hard to describe someone as a close friend when they are X,000 miles away. But he was. I will miss him.
Old 19th July 2019, 06.37:42   #2-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Bamfords/excutive.

Default Re: RIP Alan Eden

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloydyp View Post
It is much sadness that I report that Alan Eden (Chicago Red) formally from Rossett but for many years from Chicago has sadly passed away. Yet another fan in their 50's taken so early.

Alan watched many sports whilst in the UK being a Warrigton rugby league fan and a much travelled fan of Wales and Wrexham FC. I had the pleasure in travelling to many away grounds with him often combining golf and beer for some top weekends away with the likes of Haydn Young, also sadly no longer with us.

For a few years he took the photos for the match program. He like many of us watched the club when the crowds were around 1000. He took part in one of the first fund raisers when many fans walked from Chester Racecourse to Wrexham racecourse. He helped in the creation of the Butchers Sunday league team and actually produced a program for their home games for a few years.

Whilst in Chicago despite taking up baseball as his main sport he never forgot his roots and kept up to date via the internet with all things Welsh sport but mainly Wrexham AFC. A good win or bad defeat would invariably result in a communication of some sort across the Atlantic. He had become a master of finding a stream from somewhere for our televised games.

For years we've been tentatively planning for me to go over to watch the breeders cup horse racing together. Sadly that trip will never take place.

It's hard to describe someone as a close friend when they are X,000 miles away. But he was. I will miss him.

Feel for you, sad news.
Old 19th July 2019, 07.04:21   #3-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road Side ( mostly )

Quote:

Are you Lloydy from Hope who works in I.T?
Old 19th July 2019, 07.08:05   #4-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis Bickle View Post
Are you Lloydy from Hope who works in I.T?
Yes.
Old 19th July 2019, 07.36:54   #5-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: Armchair

I remember Alan from the late 80's and early 90's, I'm pretty sure I saw a few Rugby league games with him and Geraint Parry, similar age to myself

You could say that I'm a bitter man and once again, I think that's true, I will remain so until I better those that know more than I do
Old 19th July 2019, 07.39:31   #6-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: GUS

RIP our red colleague
Old 19th July 2019, 07.45:23   #7-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: Yale stand

The name rings a bell. A big lad, who went to Darland. Saw him on all the trips from the early 80’s. It’s really sad when these faces disappear. I can pick out the deep feeling from Lloydyp’s post.
Old 19th July 2019, 07.51:50   #8-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:

Great post - you do great justice to someone whom I'm sure was proud to call you a friend.
Old 19th July 2019, 08.09:15   #9-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot:

What sad news.

Alan travelled with us in the late 80 and 90s to both Wrexham and Wales matches.

One great memory of mine was when we travelled in two cars to Amsterdam to watch Wales playing in the old Olympic Stadium against the great Dutch side of the late 80s.

It was the game that Alan Knill made his one and only appearance for Wales, and produced probably Neville Southall's best ever performance for Wales, keeping out the Dutch ntil late on when Ruud Gullit popped up to score the only goal.

On the way back we headed for the port at Dunkerque, I led the way, but missed the turning to the port. Those behind saw it and in my mirror I saw 'v' signs from the occupants who were in fits of laughter!

I headed for the next junction to turn back to the port. Once arriving at the port we went through the ticket booths and then through customs, but not without noticing the occupants of Alaln's car all stood outside it watching the car being emptied of all its baggage, much to the amusement of those in my car and obligatory 'v' signs in return!!!

We later found out that they were asked by the customs where they had been, 'Amsterdam' they then took a look in the boot and the first bag that they opened was Alan's. He was a diabetic who injected his insulin, and when they opened his bag they found a load of needles!!! hence the car being emptied of everything!!

Great memories.

RIP Alan

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 06.18:53.