RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Curzon Reaction (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/114194-curzon-reaction.html)

John Neals Dynasty 20th July 2019 19.19:05

[QUOTE=The Turf;2275466]Poor all round game to be honest but not to disgruntled it was mainly youth players. Of the senior players dibble had nothing to do. Young and redmond were a cut above. Macintosh is a right bully boy which I like in a striker but thought oswell was quite poor. Sat in the main stand and noticed Darlington does all the shouting at the players. Didn’t here Hughes once. Crewe will be a better indication.[/QUOTE]

Same as last season then BH stands there like a librarian little passion. .. But as for the game I don't attend friendlies anymore as they're just basically training matches to get some idea of the players he has (hence mainly youth) to see what they are capable of, thing with kids you cannot expect consistency as they are still learning.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

moynkeepthefaith 20th July 2019 19.21:37

Re: Curzon Reaction

[QUOTE=The Turf;2275466]Poor all round game to be honest but not to disgruntled it was mainly youth players. Of the senior players dibble had nothing to do. Young and redmond were a cut above. Macintosh is a right bully boy which I like in a striker but thought oswell was quite poor. Sat in the main stand and noticed Darlington does all the shouting at the players. Didn’t here Hughes once. Crewe will be a better indication.[/QUOTE]

Fair summary for me. A bit disjointed due to all the youngsters. Macintosh was awful first half but improved second half. Youngsters not ready to step up.
Great hospitality. Redmond looked class at times. Sat next to Flynn who took notes,agree on BH and CD.

EnglishRed 20th July 2019 19.22:16

[QUOTE=paddockgraham;2275476]thats why you have friendlies to see whats in the squad and get players fitness up to required levels, making sure everyone gets games, was arranged weeks ago so not strange at all[/QUOTE]

This preseason seems pretty well thought out, and seems to have gone very smoothly. If you look down the road at Chester their preseason is just bizarre.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

Foxy 20th July 2019 19.29:46

[QUOTE=paddockgraham;2275476]thats why you have friendlies to see whats in the squad and get players fitness up to required levels, making sure everyone gets games, was arranged weeks ago so not strange at all[/QUOTE]

Thanks for that. Really enlightening.

Cenotaff 20th July 2019 20.50:46

[QUOTE=Foxy;2275482]Thanks for that. Really enlightening.[/QUOTE]

Condescension fight!

Birdy 20th July 2019 21.02:40

[QUOTE=Colonel D;2275457]Well a lot of youth players were used today.
Strength in depth ?[/QUOTE]

Yes. The only way they will improve (or see if they are upto the task) is if we play them.

fluffysheepsupporter 20th July 2019 21.07:34

[QUOTE=Hawarden Red10;2275465]Pat Jones looks a prospect considering he turned 16 last month and Thorn did well. Other than that I thought the other youth players looked quite poor, especially Beaumont who has looked suspect both times I've seen him. Redmond is a different league to our other midfielders and also thought Macintosh showed good glimpses. Oswell, goal aside, was awful. Curzon look a cert for the drop in that league to me.[/QUOTE]

The youngsters did well and hats off to Hughes for giving them 90 minutes . Also very much agreed that Curzon were poor compared to Telford .

Red Light 20th July 2019 21.08:10

Not really sure what to make of today's match.
My idea of pre season is to introduce the new players to those already here and get them used to playing alongside each other in whatever formation is decided.
However we play a team which looks as those it has been cobbled together and change the formation to a flat back four.
On top of that quite a few players were missing who could be construed as ones who may well start the season.
Perhaps the thoughts of BH were that as some had completed 90 minutes for the first time v Stoke it was a chance for the youth to stake their claim and make their mark.
However, we have one game (v Crew Alex) to go and then it's time for the real thing.

Barnum Bobb looks to be nailed on as the right back but is carrying an injury.

Fondop has just disappeared since his brief showing in Portugal as a sub.

Where was Barton today ?

Good to see Redmond back as he looks a better class of player - but no Hooper.

A disjointed day to say the least - perhaps good for improving match fitness and giving the youth a glimpse of what might be if they work hard - but fluency, building up understanding and tactics are a mystery - next week will be very interesting to see who plays, what formation we line up and how we compare v a L2 club - you would think that BH would put out a team he considers full strength and one which will be close of not the same as the one which lines up v Barrow.

Lods 20th July 2019 21.08:38

[QUOTE=Colonel D;2275457]Well a lot of youth players were used today.
Strength in depth ?[/QUOTE]

I'm glad to see more youths getting a run out. We would save a ton of money if we were able to make top National League players rather than having to search for them every transfer window, and the only way they're going to get to that level is playing against senior teams.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 17.39:19.